Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best times in the 4x4 !!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best times in the 4x4 !!!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decided to run the truck one more time and see if the water soaking hurt anything. I picked up some C16 on the way there and added 5ga to about 10ga of 91 octane I already had in the tank.

The weather was great and in the 60s most of the day so I knew times would be good if the motor was not hurt too bad. [Smile]

I got to the track and weighed the beast in at 5100lbs (had over half a tank of gas and my subwoofers inside). So add me in and race weight = 5250lbs

With no adjustments except the race gas I went

1st run:

RT: .433
60': 2.14
1/8th:8.41 @ 87.55mph
1/4: 12.92 @ 108.7mph

2nd run:

RT: .090
60': 1.80
1/8th: 7.88 @ 87.5mph
1/4: 12.40@ 108.1mph

Crawled under the truck and turn up the boost by 1psi (hard to tell)

3rd run:

RT: .042
60': 1.85
1/8th: 7.87 @ 87.88mph
1/4: 12.33 @ 110.0mph

The first 2 passes were about 13psi due to the cold temps. When I turned up the boost for the 3rd run I only saw about 13.5-14psi through most of the run but as soon as I hit 3rd gear it hit almost 15psi and stuck there. [Confused] Sad this is, the 60' was worse and I was bouncing off the rev limiter on my 2nd to 3rd gear change which hurt a little too.

At that point I felt I still had enough of a cushion to try to up the boost by half a pound and the temps were getting colder so i turn up the methanol for safety and was ready to try again but recieved a call from Rick @ Synergy who had just got a call from Rick Squires (maker of the STS rear-mount turbo kit)and I was told to shut it down and keep it in one piece. Guess there is something going on and I might need the truck to be in working order so I obeyed(sp?) and returned to the pits even though I know I could have went a little faster. [Frown]

Overall I am VERY excited to finally see some decent #s. I guess the cooler temps and the race gas really did it's work. I can only imagine what I could have done had I used a wideband and some scanning software to make changes and try to max the thing out. [Smile]

[ October 30, 2004, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice runs justin, my jaw dropped when i saw the 12.33, that thing is nuts.
and you should have run it man! it's your truck run it!!!!!

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO!

Dude, I'm going to start having to keep an eye out for you even when I'm driving my car! [Wink]

Nice times bro. Good to see things working out for you [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice run, but I did notice you said vehicle weight 5100 weight with you 5250. You dont weigh 150lbs soaking wet with 2 sets of clothes on. You better eat some more of that Papa Murphys Pizza! Well that might slow you down some though. Good run Justin!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys [Smile]

I would have run it again with another lb of boost but I was told that there might be a magazine article brewing and chances look good after that last time so it was best to stop while I was good. i can push the envelope after the article [Big Grin]

Maybe try for an 11 on this stock 5.3L? Hehehe

Dave, I'm gonna have to stop by your store to celebrate! I'm getting 4 phat assed 3 topping pizzas!! LOL

[ October 30, 2004, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Come on by. I will take care of you on some Pizza's. Good luck with the article. Dont forget the little people....j/k You have come a long way from the rust bucket orange Chevy you had.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Damn man, leave it to you to bring up old shit like the Great Pumpkin Chevelle! LMAO!

Just don't tell anyone about my lil spin out in front of the shop. [Wink]

I'll call you up later today so you can tell that girl to hook me up on some pizza again. I'll stop by on my way home [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Awesome times...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great job even if it is a chebby [patriot]

LOL... you should take it to the mud drags in vallejo if they come back again..hahahahaha [Big Grin]

[ October 30, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty damn good, even w/ the turbo hanging down in the mud at the wrong end! I will have to drop by and check it out. Which shop on Texas?

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com