Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » How much would dropping my 60' help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How much would dropping my 60' help
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So far with my aode my best 60' time has been 1.92. That gave me a 12.76 @109. At the time I was only able to leave the line at around 1900 because of my converter.

I installed a 4200 stall converter today. If I can get the short times down into the 1.8s or better, how much could that help my 1/4 et and speed?

Thanks...Tony

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh forgot...I'm hoping to leave now around 3K or more.

--------------------

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
General rul eof thumb is 2 10ths in the 1/4 for every 1 10th in 60'.. I feel it is closer to a 1.75:1 ratio but close enough anyway.

So if you run 13.4 with a 1.9 60' then get a 1.8 60' you should run 13.2...

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
General rul eof thumb is 2 10ths in the 1/4 for every 1 10th in 60'.. I feel it is closer to a 1.75:1 ratio but close enough anyway.

Yep [patriot]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks guys...

So if I'm lucky and I'm talking really lucky, I'll get in the 1.7s and drop down to 12.3. I could live with that...for a while anyways. [patriot]

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Last time I went to the track I was running 13.50s with low 1.9 60' and 13.30s with low 1.8 60'.
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Last time I went to the track I was running 13.50s with low 1.9 60' and 13.30s with low 1.8 60'.

At what mph, hes got enough mph to go mid 12s if he can get that thing to hook.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car went 12.1 at 111 so you can run well into the 12.4 range with the proper 60'. Make sure you flash the conveter, try not to stand on it. Stay atleast 500rpm under your top stall speed.

Don

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Don - I'm gonna try to go out to TnT on Nov 6th (Sat) if the weather stays good...wanna meet me out there. Tony

--------------------

muscle man
¯
Member # 4877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for muscle man  Ford pictures for muscle man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
every tenth gained in the 60 ft doubles in the overall time
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by muscle man:
every tenth gained in the 60 ft doubles in the overall time

LOL

That's one way to mystify what I already said above.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might be in Vegas, I will let you know.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:

At what mph, hes got enough mph to go mid 12s if he can get that thing to hook.
102-103, I was just giving him the 60' compared to overall ET to show that when I drop 1/10 in the 60 I usually net about 2/10 overall.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how fast should i be going with a speed of 93mph?

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I'd say high to mid 14s...

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Don - Are you gonna be able to make it tomorrow...or will you be in Vegas?

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Sorry I will not be able to make it. IF you go try to flash that converter.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Yep I'll be sure to flash it...the converter that is.

Tony

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com