Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Night video... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge Night video...
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
The slicks will go on once I see the MPH I'm looking for. I'm already pushing it as far as not having a roll bar. I'm pretty sure low 11's may be frowned upon, (unless it is on DR's, right Jeff? [Wink] )

My problem too, car wont pass tech for the times I am hopefully runnin [Roll Eyes] , that and i am too broke to buy a set of slicks [Frown]
You may not know this.....but when you go through tech and the tech guys ask what you are going to run, just say 12's [Eek!] [Razz] THEN, when they kick you out for going 11's worry about a roll bar [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
The slicks will go on once I see the MPH I'm looking for. I'm already pushing it as far as not having a roll bar. I'm pretty sure low 11's may be frowned upon, (unless it is on DR's, right Jeff? [Wink] )

Yeah I guess your right [Frown] Well then get that thing going with the DR's [Big Grin]
Workin on it. I need to get Rhetts car back to him and help Jim get his car back together. Then I might have a little time for my car [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I guess your right [Frown] Well then get that thing going with the DR's [Big Grin]
Workin on it. I need to get Rhetts car back to him and help Jim get his car back together. Then I might have a little time for my car [Whoo Whooooo!]
YEAH!

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

2005GTskip
¯
Member # 4885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2005GTskip  Ford pictures for 2005GTskip    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the camero back up into the water before his burn out? [Confused] looks like it. his 60ft would be beter if he didnt do that.u dont need to get dr's weet before burn out.

--------------------
2005 Gt

Posts: 294 | From: Discovery bay,California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 2000GTskip:
did the camero back up into the water before his burn out? [Confused] looks like it. his 60ft would be beter if he didnt do that.u dont need to get dr's weet before burn out.

People have different oppinions on how the best way to use a DR is. For the most part, everyone at least agrees on using the water box before your burnout, (easier on the clutch, expecially when doing 2nd gear burnouts). The part that most people can't agree on is the length of the burnout. I prefur a mild to mid length smoking of the tires myself. Seems to work for me. [Smile]

--------------------
AED

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
You may not know this.....but when you go through tech and the tech guys ask what you are going to run, just say 12's [Eek!] [Razz] THEN, when they kick you out for going 11's worry about a roll bar [Big Grin]

Yeah thats what I plan on doing, plus I have a gay autopower 4 pt in the car that they will probably laugh at [Big Grin] , dont have the on/off switch mounted out back, etc....The list of shit that I gotta do seems to kepp getting longer and longer and I havent even put the n20 in yet so i can really start going fast [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000GTskip:

People have different oppinions on how the best way to use a DR is. For the most part, everyone at least agrees on using the water box before your burnout, (easier on the clutch, expecially when doing 2nd gear burnouts). The part that most people can't agree on is the length of the burnout. I prefur a mild to mid length smoking of the tires myself. Seems to work for me. [Smile]
Yeah Like what Drew said, everybody has there own thing about the DR's. With me after awhile water gets pulled out of the box so depending if the box is super dry or super wet sometimes I don't back in all the way I just back far enough to get into the water that was pulled out of the water box from other people.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah Like what Drew said, everybody has there own thing about the DR's. With me after awhile water gets pulled out of the box so depending if the box is super dry or super wet sometimes I don't back in all the way I just back far enough to get into the water that was pulled out of the water box from other people.

That's what I do... I never go INTO the box with DRs except in my C5 because it had weird issues with TQ managment and had trouble spinning the tires so i had to get em good and wet.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
quote:

That's what I do... I never go INTO the box with DRs except in my C5 because it had weird issues with TQ managment and had trouble spinning the tires so i had to get em good and wet.
Any luck on getting that vid from your friends camera? [Smile]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
quote:

Any luck on getting that vid from your friends camera? [Smile]

--------------------
AED

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com