Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 13 Oct...... Infineon (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 13 Oct...... Infineon
mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We've only got 5 more weeks until the strip is shut down for Wednesday night drags.
I'll be there this week for sure.
Anyone else want to chime in??????

[ October 13, 2004, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: mostang ]

--------------------
99 GT ragtop, Flows, True Flow drop in and 3.73's
1985 Caprice Classic Very Tired 305

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShredTread  Ford pictures for ShredTread    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, I've got a some new tweeks to test out.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra
3.73's, UD Pullies, Nitto DR's
Best 13.484 / 103.575 / 1.959

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll be there.. i gotto see how much improvement the transgo shift kit actually gave me.
We'll see.. i'm hoping for 2 tenths...

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jersey, how's the car feel now? I'd bet that you will get AT LEAST .4 out of the shift kit!

I get my new AOD tomorrow and am thinking about hitting the track next week. I will most likely only get one mid 13 second pass though before I get the boot so I may skip it. We'll see.

How did the belt and pullies work out? Perfectly I hope!

Thanks again,

Don

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im jus curious? u guys talkin bout goin on tha 14?? thas a thursday? but then i hear its a wed [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
im jus curious? u guys talkin bout goin on tha 14?? thas a thursday? but then i hear its a wed [Frown] [Frown]

Corection noted and made

--------------------

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
mostang
¯
Member # 3352

quote:
Originally posted by mostang:
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:

Correction noted and made

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Jersey, how's the car feel now? I'd bet that you will get AT LEAST .4 out of the shift kit!

I get my new AOD tomorrow and am thinking about hitting the track next week. I will most likely only get one mid 13 second pass though before I get the boot so I may skip it. We'll see.

How did the belt and pullies work out? Perfectly I hope!

Thanks again,

Don

Pullies and belt worked out great thanks. i just want to get some basic times before i switch to 4.10 gears sometime next week. 4 tenths would be killer.. i want to ulimately have a mid 14 sec aod vert.. after that i am leaving it alone.
How the heck did you get to Mid 13s.. [Eek!]
Let me know.. [Wink] [patriot]

--------------------
=(

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will probably get .1 tenth from the shift kit. .4 seconds off from a shift kit is unheard of, you might be thinking of a torque converter.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
You will probably get .1 tenth from the shift kit. .4 seconds off from a shift kit is unheard of, you might be thinking of a torque converter.

OMG YOU ARE A FU***NG BI**H A*S IDIOT THAT KNOWS FU***NG ABSOLUTELY "NOTHING" ABOUT SPORTS CARS OR THEIR PERFORMANCE. GO TO THE STORE AND BUY YOUR GROCERIES IN YOUR GROCERY GETTER LIKE THE BI**H YOU ARE AND DON'T GIVE ANY MORE TECH ADVICE BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING.

I HAVE HAD AN AOD CONVERTABLE MUSTANG THAT I PUT A SHIFT KIT IN. I HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT, DO YOU [Roll Eyes]

Jersey, I am not sure about your kit, I used a B&M kit. My AOD was able to be kept in D and it would shift at about 5,300 each gear and scratch 2nd every time and 3rd on occasion. That was in my old 87. After you install the 4.10's you will have your mid 14 second car if you have an off road cat pipe.

[ October 13, 2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dayum! everything this guy says is wrong, lol [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You think a shift kit will drop almost a half second off the 1/4 mile time? Stop spreading false ricer information and stop mouthing off behind your computer screen you internet bulley. A shift kit will improve your time .1-.2 at the most. Taking .4 seconds of your 1/4 mile time is the equivalent of gaining 40hp at the wheels.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
You think a shift kit will drop almost a half second off the 1/4 mile time? Stop spreading false ricer information and stop mouthing off behind your computer screen you internet bulley. A shift kit will improve your time .1-.2 at the most. Taking .4 seconds of your 1/4 mile time is the equivalent of gaining 40hp at the wheels.

DO YOU HAVE AN AOD MUSTANG? NO, YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER "TROLL" WITH A 4 DOOR GRANDMAS CAR THAT RUNS 15'S..........

I will see you within two weeks at Sears Point and will call you a little bitch TO YOUR FACE.

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Dude take a pill and chill out. You sound like you are about to have a panic attack. I told you already my car is not a 15 second car. I went to Sac last Sat for grudge night and ran a 14.4 at 98.2mph with a 2.33 60 foot time. The fact that I don't have an AOD transmission is irrevelent because your claims are absurd. I have a stock 4r70w tranny, so if I got a shift kit I would run 14.0 with no other changes? BTW, my car is a coupe not a 4 door.

[ October 13, 2004, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: 1fast281 ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Jersey, generally a stock high mileage AOD takes a noticeable amount of time slipping between shifts. Not a long time, but I'm sure you can notice a MUCH crisper shift now in all gears. That means you are getting back time that was being wasted and making power for a longer period of time.

My 87 had an off road H pipe, K&N, pullies, cat back, 273 gears and maybe another thing or two. I changed NOTHING but the shift kit and I gained .3 on my first pass and got as much as .6 as a BEST improvement.

THIS HAS BEEN "PROVEN" ON "MY" OWN CAR.

Don't listen to trolls in their grandmothers cars.

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1stock281, everything you have ever posted has been completely wrong. where do you come up with this stuff and where in your head does it turn into truth? you think just because you go bracket race that you know everything there is to know about cars?
a shiftkit on a stock mustang has been proven on many cars on this site to drop at least .3 all conditions being equal. no, that does not mean it gives 30 hp [Roll Eyes] . but when you add slicks and drop 5 tenths, that's 50 hp to the wheels [Eek!]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Hungry Hippo, i'll turn this question around and ask you the same thing: what makes you such an expert on cars, why do you think you know more than me about what a shift kit does for performance? You might get a small gain from a shift kit because the shifts will take less time and be more firm but it is foolish to think you will gain a signifigant amount. There are several companies that sell shift kits for Ford auto trannies and NONE of them will claim it takes off even .3 seconds of your time. Contact Transgo, B&M, Baumman, etc. and they will tell you the same thing I am telling you. If you want to drop .2-.3 seconds off your time, get gears which is proven to do that (if you have traction) or a high stall torque converter can drop a half second off your time.

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On a AOD tranny it makes a huge difference. The tranny you have in your mark8 has a better tranny with the Wide ratio gear set in the trans. You will probally gain a tenth, but in a AOD car (slugbox) it makes a huge difference. Aod trans only allows you to shift up to 4600 rpm in (D). With the shiftkit you can extend the shift points and make shifts much quicker. So, .3-.5 tenths, I do believe you can, with a AOD.
By the way, did anyone go to infinion today?

[ October 13, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

That makes sense. I'd like to see more technical info like that on this forum instead of insults and blanket statements.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

just came back.. today was a great day...
i was one of the last seven on the street class today(jumped the gun).. [patriot] [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Shiftkit took 3ths off my best time.... hot after a 2 hour drive right off the freeway.. didn't even have time to shut the car off...
that was the only test ran i did.
After that it was elimination time.
I don't know if the shift kit contributed to this or not.. but today all my reaction times were great (expect the first one .531) The best one being 0.003 [Eek!] [worship] and rest being in the .0xx range.. I think i made it all the way to the end becuase of the quick reaction time and my ability(pure luck) to slam on the brakes at the rigth time. All my elimination runs where high 15s slaming on the brakes like crazy at anywhere from 66 to 74mph
My first elimination ran was funny as hell...
I don't believe in slaming on the brakes at all.. i've never done it until today... and it was fun [Wink]
Anyhow.. on my first elimination ran.. i take off.. and left this yellow mustang so far behind... i knew i was going to brake out.. so i let of the gas.... he was still not catching up.. so i step on the brakes and realize something... i didn't know where the finish line was.. [Eek!] .. so i stepped on the gas again.. until i saw the last box and slammed on my brakes again..
Guess tonight was a lucky night.
Sucks i didn't get to really see how much progress the shiftkit actually gave me.

Hidnnos.. make sure you come say hi next wednesday.. i'll be there trying the 4.10s for the first time. (slicks too [Wink] )

[ October 13, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Cutting quick reaction times are nice.
I cut an .036, .002, .010, and .008.
My last run I cut it to thin and got a -.054
Sucks too because I was in the last group of 14 and had the Black 5.0 beat.
I'll be there next week running 17.80's all night and long as I keep my RT under .050 I'll be happy.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Hidnnos.. make sure you come say hi next wednesday.. i'll be there trying the 4.10s for the first time. (slicks too [Wink] )

I'll do that for sure. Right after I say hello to 281 boy. I'll be in the black pieced together vert.

You got .3 your first run right? If you look back, I said that I got .3 on my first run and it only got better when it got cooler and I got used to it, so I'd just about guarantee that you are seeing .4-.5 gains AT LEAST. You need to work on your dial in so you can floor it the whole way through the traps to see the NICE gains of your work! CONGRATS

WHO WAS THE IDIOT THAT SAID .1???

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

quote:

i never said i was an expert, but i do know that i do not go around posting false info. the majority of your posts are completely wrong. a shiftkit has been proven by numerous members of this board, there is no denying that it works. i dont go by single instances that i heard about through my uncle's friend's sister's boyfriend's dad(ex. hitting 13's in a mark8 with drag suspension). i guess i'll sum this up by saying, a foxbody is not a mark 8

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

So what was the best time of the night for the LX convertible? Did you break into the 14's yet? Just because you were 3 tenths quicker than before doesn't mean the shift kit was the reason for that. What were the 60 foot times before and after? What were weather conditions like before and after? There are many variables involved. If the 60 foot times were the same and conditions were similar than perhaps the shift kit did improve your time .3 tenths.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com