Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » "Ghetto Tune"...Take Two

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: "Ghetto Tune"...Take Two
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I got another new best from the car tonight. I brought Shaun's wide band out and did some data logging. Turns out I was running a little rich the night before, but nothing major. Anyway, a little tweaking and the same 22* of total timing made for a best pass of 11.56 @ 120.7 [dance] Although I couldn't duplicate the 97 MPH half track from Friday, the car was picking up more on the big end all night.

The thing that I'm most happy about is the fact that this is the EXACT setup that the car is driven with on the street. Same wheels (18 in Budniks), tires (BFG DR's), 91 octane, sway bars connected, no short belt, etc etc. I still think there is more MPH in it seeing as I'm still in short shift mode, but only time will tell.

Rhett also had ANOTHER new best for his car tonight, but once again I'll let him share that info [Wink]

[ September 25, 2004, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounded badass man!

I had my buddy tape one of the 120mph runs. I'll see about getting it to you once I figure out how to transfer it from tape [Frown]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! after the crap you went through I am happy your car is kicking ass now. I better start looking for a smaller pulley LOL

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Justin, I would be very interested to see what that pass looked like. I felt like I was leaving something on the table as far as my shifting goes. I missed 4th on the first pass of the night, (still went 11.904...lol) so I was kinda going easier than I should after that.

Mike, I don't think you will be needing that smaller pulley for anything that this combo will put down.

[ September 26, 2004, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hurry up and finish getting it tuned. I want to make the first 10second pass in it [patriot]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Hurry up and finish getting it tuned. I want to make the first 10second pass in it [patriot]

You're a funny guy [Razz]

--------------------
AED

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good lord. 11.50 @ 120 VERY impressive. I see 10.90 with a few tweeks. Was the 11.50 with the 94 -95 computer??

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10's on DR's?! i think that should be one of your goals drew. i'll look the other way [Wink]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On the pass I saw the shifting sounded flawless. There was very minimal time lost due to shifting. I am not sure of the ET but I did see you throw up the 120mph. [patriot]

I'll see about getting the video transfered and get it to ya.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you missed 4th on that first pass?? nice! 11.90 in the heat anyway was impressive........well congrats and good talkin to you and rhett......what happend to one of you throwin on the slicks n skinnies??

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
Good lord. 11.50 @ 120 VERY impressive. I see 10.90 with a few tweeks. Was the 11.50 with the 94 -95 computer??

Check PM's

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Jeff - I'll need a BUNCH more MPH to even think about that, but hey....you can still look the other while I try [Wink]

Justin - I would be very greatful if I could somehow check out that video. Thanks for the help.

Jason - We put the slicks and skinnies on Rhetts car. He made one pass and was all over the track, in and out of the throttle which resulted in a 12.2 and I don't know the MPH. Sadly enough, his fan failed to come on while waiting to make that pass and the car over heated pretty badly. We'll be checking it out in the next few days. Might have lost a head gasket [Frown]

--------------------
AED

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] damn drew [Eek!] nice times [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
[Eek!] damn drew [Eek!] nice times [patriot]

Time to get your car out to the track [burnout]

--------------------
AED

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Well, I got another new best from the car tonight. I brought Shaun's wide band out and did some data logging. Turns out I was running a little rich the night before, but nothing major. Anyway, a little tweaking and the same 22* of total timing made for a best pass of 11.56 @ 120.7 [dance] Although I couldn't duplicate the 97 MPH half track from Friday, the car was picking up more on the big end all night.

The thing that I'm most happy about is the fact that this is the EXACT setup that the car is driven with on the street. Same wheels (18 in Budniks), tires (BFG DR's), 91 octane, sway bars connected, no short belt, etc etc. I still think there is more MPH in it seeing as I'm still in short shift mode, but only time will tell.

Rhett also had ANOTHER new best for his car tonight, but once again I'll let him share that info [Wink]

What kind of rwhp and rwtq are you getting out of that sucker? Very impressive! [Big Grin] [patriot]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice Drew! We might be up there in a week or so. I'll keep an eye out for your car!
LaTe
Dana

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice times is it the same combo as last time??? That thing is running good

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 98Snake:
quote:

What kind of rwhp and rwtq are you getting out of that sucker? Very impressive! [Big Grin] [patriot]
I have no idea what kind of power it is making. I may put it on a dyno once I'm all the bugs are worked out. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
nice times is it the same combo as last time??? That thing is running good

Yep, same setup as Friday night [Wink]

--------------------
AED

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:

11.50s on street radials,in limp mode,still sorting out the bugs..ya id say its moving [Smile]
Im slowly getting over my night of being trailored off [Frown] but up until.. it was hauling. I managed an 11.90 something on my street tires so considering 'my driving' i was quite happy. Cant say enough for Drew ->Yellow94GT for once again helping me out in a time of need.

Don't sweat it man. We'll have your car back in action in no time, (it will be even faster [Big Grin] ). All I have to say it the breakage thing happens to the best of us. Your car has been a solid runner for a LONG time. Its about time something happend....it was beginning to be unfair to the rest of us [Wink]

Your driving is coming around in a big way! Did you ever think you would see 11.9's @ 120 in street trim out of almost the same setup that when we met went 12.6's at 113? [burnout] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com