Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best for the Turbo 4x4

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best for the Turbo 4x4
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For those not used to how trucks run let me break it down. My truck runs 16.2@86mph bone stock. It's race weight is 5100lbs.

The track had trouble with timeslip printing so I only have 2 slips but have the other runs on tape.

1st run: 5psi launch Bogged off the line, 12psi total.

60' 2.14
1/8th: 8.52@87mph
1/4: 13.1 @ 106.5mph

2nd run: 7psi launch and 12psi total

60' 1.81
1/8th: 8.00 @ 86.2mph
1/4: 12.62 @ 105.14mph

All other runs were 12.65@106mph with varying 60's. I never got timeslips for all 3 of those runs. [Frown] I found that if I launch with less than 6psi it feels like leaving off idle with no boost. My turbo is big for my cubic inch.

My trans is toast now. On the 2-3 shift it would take WAAY too long to engage and even when it did it felt like it was struggling. On the way home I tried to floor it in high boost and the rpms flashed to 6k then started bouncing off the limiter, it tired it twice before giving up. I wonder if this is hurting my MPH at the track. [Frown]

I had to end the night early due to my alternator going out and only seeing 12.5v with the truck running [Eek!] So Brandon pulled some strings and let me make a pass with the big boys so I could hightail it home. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude whatever.............."from a guy who runs 12's...." HAHA! nice shit, i really enjoyed the the turbo integra slaughter everytime!! maybe he needed NAWS! to hang with the freight liner!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [Eek!]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
dude whatever.............."from a guy who runs 12's...." HAHA! nice shit, i really enjoyed the the turbo integra slaughter everytime!! maybe he needed NAWS! to hang with the freight liner!

LMAO!

Good runs Justin. Sorry to hear about the tranny, but you had to have seen that one coming [Wink] I only saw one pass you made, but it was the 12.62 so its all good [Big Grin]

Haha, talk about a sleeper [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thx Drew,

Yeah i knew the trans was gonna go fast. I thought it would go even before the turbo. LOL

I lowered the front end by an 1" yesterday and that fixed all the bouncing TQ steer antics of 2 weeks ago but now I need to either lower the rear to match or put some curb feelers, a wing, and a set of 50series tires. LOL

It definately sounds like a sleeper when I have the nuffler on it. Even so I bet those 2 03' Cobras didn't expect me to beat em. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com