Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sept 15th Infineon (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sept 15th Infineon
mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the turn out from last night, going up next week should be pretty nice.
I showed up last night just to watch, around 6:30 and the staging lanes were only 1/3 full. No one showed up and it was over by 8:00. The temp had dropped to 82* and the wind was blowing down track. So I'll be there on the 15th in my GT. [burnout] [burnout]
Plus I had just stated that I had never seen anyone pull through the staging lights, have to back up and forget to put it in drive. Wouldn't you know it, 2 cars later, a guy in a camaro does just that. Launched in reverse!!!!!! What an idiot. [dance] Good thing he caught it and there wasn't a nice ride behind him.

--------------------
99 GT ragtop, Flows, True Flow drop in and 3.73's
1985 Caprice Classic Very Tired 305

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be out there with my friend in his black 97 Cobra with 03 rims, if you see us in the staging lanes don't be afraid to say whats up...

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be there with my oxidized 6...
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mostang:
I showed up last night just to watch, around 6:30 and the staging lanes were only 1/3 full. No one showed up and it was over by 8:00. The temp had dropped to 82* and the wind was blowing down track. So I'll be there on the 15th in my GT. [burnout] [burnout]
Plus I had just stated that I had never seen anyone pull through the staging lights, have to back up and forget to put it in drive. Wouldn't you know it, 2 cars later, a guy in a camaro does just that. Launched in reverse!!!!!! What an idiot. [dance] Good thing he caught it and there wasn't a nice ride behind him.

well i dunno if u guys were there but i was... i run a 14.7 with my v6... so im hella happy it my best time ever [Eek!]
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

quote:

well i dunno if u guys were there but i was... i run a 14.7 with my v6... so im hella happy it my best time ever [Eek!]

check out my time slips
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46480

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend was out there, ran a 13.7 at 103mph in his 97 Cobra. It ran better than most of the LS1's out there...

--------------------

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't bring the Mustang out this time.
I ran the grocery getter, 85 Caprice.
Made it to the 3rd round before I BROKE OUT!!!!
Dialed in a 17.82 and ran 17.802.
But like Arnolr says, "I'll be back"

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
My friend was out there, ran a 13.7 at 103mph in his 97 Cobra. It ran better than most of the LS1's out there...

HA he's the fucker that eliminated me!!!! [Mad] [Mad]

jk [Big Grin]
his car was clean looking and mighty fast.

i'll be there next week with a full exhaust(hopefully) and a shift kit...
hope this tranny holds up until next wednesday..
oh yeah.. my sucky times.. 15.83 @89.90mph
yohallin. nice time for a v6. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll probably see you out there next week Jersey [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShredTread  Ford pictures for ShredTread    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was a fun night for me in the Green 97 Cobra. By far the best night I've had in the brackets.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra
3.73's, UD Pullies, Nitto DR's
Best 13.484 / 103.575 / 1.959

ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShredTread  Ford pictures for ShredTread    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I barely broke out on a chance to reach the semi-finals. I've only made it out of the first round a couple of times. This time I got all the lucky breaks.

I'm hooked now, I hope to see a few of guys next wednesday.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was that you i raced? i was on the black vert. i talked to you for a sec before you eliminated me.. [Big Grin] ...
If that's you then.. nice looking car. [patriot]
Hidnos.. just look for those sweet looking underdrive pulleys.. [Razz]

yohallin, you better ask for the day off so we can cruise together again...

[ September 16, 2004, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

quote:
Originally posted by ShredTread:
That was a fun night for me in the Green 97 Cobra. By far the best night I've had in the brackets.

Hey man, your car is really consistant with those Nittos... back to back 13.7's... my friend in his 97 didn't run that until he hit a 2.1 60 foot time.

--------------------

ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for ShredTread  Ford pictures for ShredTread    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeh Jmir018, that was me. I was a lucky streak. should have played the lottery.

It was an amazing night for me, I got 8 runs. 4 of them were in the 13.7 range. But surprisingly, after I lowered the Nitto's tire pressure, my 60 foot times got worse. That doesn't seem right. There is still much to learn about my set up.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Are you the one that advanced against me in the third round when my tan Caprice broke out?

quote:
Originally posted by ShredTread:
I barely broke out on a chance to reach the semi-finals. I've only made it out of the first round a couple of times. This time I got all the lucky breaks.

I'm hooked now, I hope to see a few of guys next wednesday.

--------------------

ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Yes, I talked to you briefly before and after.

That's what I was refering to by getting lucky. That was one of my slower runs, but I caught the break of a break-out.

I broke out the next round. But the guy in the Trans-Am I ran against ran a 14.804 on a 14.80 dial in. So he deserved that round.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Before the run I was going to put on 17.80 and at the last minute I wrote 17.82. Then I run a 17.802, did I screw up or what.
I was just glad to make it out of the second round.
I might just run the Caprice instead of my Mustang.
It's easier to stay more consistant with an auto and a wore out small block. Don't have to worry about spinning at the line and my times were within .259 of each other. Just gotta stage deep and and hit those reaction times. With a worn out 305ci I have the advantage of staging deep without breaking out. Ain't got no power!!!!

ShredTread, don't know if I'll be up there on the 22nd but I'll definitly be there on the 29th.

--------------------

yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

HA he's the fucker that eliminated me!!!! [Mad] [Mad]

jk [Big Grin]
his car was clean looking and mighty fast.

i'll be there next week with a full exhaust(hopefully) and a shift kit...
hope this tranny holds up until next wednesday..
oh yeah.. my sucky times.. 15.83 @89.90mph
yohallin. nice time for a v6. [Razz]

thanks jersey... i wont be able to make it on the 22nd... but ill try to be there as soos as i get my gears and tires.... hopefully ill hit mid 14s... after all is just a v6... [Big Grin]
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

mostang... i see that ur sing says:
99 GT ragtop, Flowmasters, True Flow drop in and 3.73's, pretty much stock!!!!
Best run

i run a 14.7 at 96 mph... man i hope i could get more traction and hit low 14s... wut tires did u run with when u get those numbers [Confused]

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Stock 17x8 rims with Hankook Ventius HRII 275's.
I'd like to find a cheap set of 17x9's to really make the foot print of the 275's worth while but they do a pretty good job as is.
No water box, just a quick jerk before the lights to clean them off.
I still don't understand how you and I could be so different in our times and how my ET is so much lower but your MPH is so much higher.

Was yours the Black V6 running off the bottle on the 15th?

quote:
Originally posted by yohuallin:
Best run

i run a 14.7 at 96 mph... man i hope i could get more traction and hit low 14s... wut tires did u run with when u get those numbers [Confused]

[ September 20, 2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: mostang ]

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

It's all explained by the 60 foot. I usually run 14.7 at 96-98mph at Sears Point with a 2.4 60 foot time.

--------------------

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

I'm not so sure that's all that matters. My best 60' time is .3 faster then yours with an ET of 14.301 and I still only ran 94.91 through the trap. The only thing is, I'm not letting the engine bang the limiter when I shift. But with a short throw shifter I'm only off the gas a split second between gears.
Maybe the wind is gusting on me a few feet before the finish slowing me down!!!!

quote:
It's all explained by the 60 foot. I usually run 14.7 at 96-98mph at Sears Point with a 2.4 60 foot time.

--------------------

yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

quote:
Stock 17x8 rims with Hankook Ventius HRII 275's.
I'd like to find a cheap set of 17x9's to really make the foot print of the 275's worth while but they do a pretty good job as is.
No water box, just a quick jerk before the lights to clean them off.
I still don't understand how you and I could be so different in our times and how my ET is so much lower but your MPH is so much higher.

Was yours the Black V6 running off the bottle on the 15th?

quote:
Originally posted by yohuallin:
Best run

my car is green with silver stripes... with a cobra front end

-
 -

[ September 21, 2004, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: yohuallin ]

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

The MPH is directly related to how much horsepower your car has and how much it weighs.

--------------------

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

So who has the heavier car? You or me?

quote:
The MPH is directly related to how much horsepower your car has and how much it weighs.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com