Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Got booted from Sears Point (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Got booted from Sears Point
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For running open cutouts... so I park my car and go watch. The Comp Rod class goes up and what do I see? A modded out 5.0 running cutouts/dumps, with a decibel level probably twice as loud as mine.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
were you running in comp rod? [Roll Eyes]
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rules state that all cars must go through the mufflers, even comp rod. I have ran at Sears Point over 10 times before and they have never once said anything about my cutouts. My car is really not loud at all at idle, only when I get on it.

[ September 08, 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: 1fast281 ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] Sears Point officials

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What did you run?
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn i was there monday bracket racing and those cars in the pro class seemed pretty damn loud. that sucks man sorry to hear. get some bullets and run those [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sears has a calibrated sound meter, it's hooked up to the computers, if it goes over 95dbs it shows up on the screen and you are done. they are having horrible trouble with noise complaints and they are forced by the county to monitor it.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
sears has a calibrated sound meter, it's hooked up to the computers, if it goes over 95dbs it shows up on the screen and you are done. they are having horrible trouble with noise complaints and they are forced by the county to monitor it.

because there are so many homes near sear drag strip [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

they live next to a fucking race track, what do these people expect

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dont you have a lincoln?

why do you have a cutout

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have a Lincoln and it has 2 cutouts. The 4v heads sound awesome with "open exhaust." Definately a different sound than a pushrod motor.

--------------------

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

The one house next door to Sears Point has a meter in his house so he gets the reading anytime time somebody goes over the limit.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
quote:
quote:

mysterious crashed racecar rolled off a trailer and through the house, could only hope

The one house next door to Sears Point has a meter in his house so he gets the reading anytime time somebody goes over the limit.

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
Yes, I have a Lincoln and it has 2 cutouts. The 4v heads sound awesome with "open exhaust." Definately a different sound than a pushrod motor.

if you arent running single digits off a big thumper turbo you should have mufflers on your car [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
quote:
quote:

some folks have nothing else better to [Mad] do!!! [Mad]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
quote:

if you arent running single digits off a big thumper turbo you should have mufflers on your car [Roll Eyes]
I do have mufflers on the car. FYI, I gained 15rwhp with the cutouts open, so do you have any more tuning tips for me?

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
quote:

I do have mufflers on the car. FYI, I gained 15rwhp with the cutouts open, so do you have any more tuning tips for me?
yeah buy some real exhauts and u wont need the cutouts, and make the same power

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

I can't pass smog without cats, this way I can still pass smog and have the HP whenever I want to uncap the cutouts.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
will i be able to ran with an offroad h pipe?

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
as long as you run through mufflers, you are ok.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stang bang 67
¯
Member # 4856

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stang bang 67  Ford pictures for stang bang 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's suck's they did that to you...sears can be a pain in the ass. my friend's dad has had that happen to him before.

--------------------
67 fastback
03 ranger(sold)

mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where in the hell is the nearest house to Infineon?
The track is surrounded by hills.
I guess I should put a decible meter up at my house in Castro Valley and complain when a jet flies over of a fire engine goes by!!!

--------------------
99 GT ragtop, Flows, True Flow drop in and 3.73's
1985 Caprice Classic Very Tired 305

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

here's one tough guy: what is 15 rwhp and being booted off the track in BRACKET night going to do for you in a 14/15 second lincoln on street tires?

[ September 23, 2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: JoeT ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

It's going to make me run slower...? Who cares if it's bracket racing or not, I still try to run as fast as I can every time I race. BTW, with a proper drag setup my car is a 13 second vehicle.

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's going to make me run slower...? Who cares if it's bracket racing or not, I still try to run as fast as I can every time I race. BTW, with a proper drag setup my car is a 13 second vehicle.

wow incredible! I'm sure that extra 15 HP is worth getting thrown out. Nothing like a full drag setup open header car capable of a 13!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

That's not what I meant when I said drag setup. I meant drag radials, gears and torque converter would put me deep in the 13's. I don't have open headers anyway, the cutouts dump after the two front cats. What would your car run with a 4000lb + race weight?

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com