Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So I've got this car I want to take to the track but.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So I've got this car I want to take to the track but.....
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So yeah I've got this car I'd like to see what it runs but we have a problem it has shaved door handles.

I've gotten mixed answer's so far but non from someone that works or knows the rules and was wondering if it would at all be possible for me to make a run or two in this car?

Mainly looking to taking it to Sac raceway.

[ September 02, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at sac prob you be ok just stand in front of where the handles are no one will notice [Big Grin]

[ September 02, 2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: PurpleNotch ]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive seen sca allow cars with shaved handles and i have seen them turn them away, so i guess its just whos working that day

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do they even refund you your fee if you don't pass tech? [Confused] [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, you get your money back. Just have the guy sign the tech card FAILED and they will refund you. Turn the card back into the cashier.

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could just make a couple of stickers that look like handles.... [Wink]
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
You could just make a couple of stickers that look like handles.... [Wink]

Paul I thought about this also. [Wink]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
install magnets to the back of some old handles.

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

kennedy428
¯
Member # 4713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennedy428  Ford pictures for kennedy428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the most popular awnser is "no". how ever there is a rule that you can put some kind of emergancy button or handle some where else on the car. Id just go and hope they dont see it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com