Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  


Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply
read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Cafords/NorCal event today............. (Page 4)

 - Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cafords/NorCal event today.............
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
13.3 @ 99 1.8 60ft [BS flag]

Isn't 13.3 your best ET to date?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Posts: 4206 | From: Folsom | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer408:
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
what did Jose in the black 93 cobra do?

11.8x@ 126. The M/T drag radials didnt work out for me and my driving wasn't all that either. But it was good enough to win the Power Adder class. [Big Grin] Good race with JohnB. Just too bad that the other Fords could't make it. Whether its the 65 dollar entrance fee or the time, I thought the Ford guys would be down to race the LS1 guys. I know the faster cars on here had mechanical problems but where were all the other Fords?

Well it was fun, weather was nice and cool, I got to practice in the Cobra, the staging lanes was moving fast. And had a nice UNLIMITED BBQ all day long. Finally got to tune the IROC while racing the yellow Viper and the tubbed 240z in the Outlaw class. Those were good runs too. Well shit happens and I hope CAFords gets invited next year.

hey that tubbed 240z really wanted to run you but his hood scoop was on his windshield when he finished his 1st run against the other car in the first round of outlaw, wingnuts fell off, who knows why

once he gets the nitrous tuned he would love to have a race with you again at the track

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Posts: 6280 | From: Winters | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my excuse for not showing up are as followed...

1. I like to race at night.(to hot during the day)
2. Im not a morning person.
3. My dumbass was under the impresion ford vs cheby was at night.
4. From 8:00am to 1:00pm i was working on the car just to finish it on time.
5. did i mention im not a morning person.

i did make it to grudge night tho, but i get the impression that maybe i should of just stay at home...i apoligize to the event organizers...fuck no, im not a fraid of any ls1, ill still race him even if it runs 8's... [patriot]

Posts: 1952 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, first off....excuses are like assholes..you know the rest. The BS about it being a 2 hour drive is lame. Most on this site jump peoples shit about not making a damn car show in SJ, nevermind living in Sac...so it's BS. Second, if you were serious about running, and didnt like the rules/classes/etc...you'd have said something. I'm sorry, but if folks like Gixxer can come up from SJ, everyone else can too. What it boils down to is this...those who have running cars didn't show, for whatever reason...and that reason sucks the big one. I got my ass up at 6 am..and it was to represent. Period.

--------------------
1993 Cobra x2
2003 Cobra
2017 Shelby GT350

Posts: 6501 | From: The Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what ever anyones reason was it is there own buisness were and when they race there cars Bottom line!

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Posts: 3711 | From: Redding | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gixxer408  Ford pictures for gixxer408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer408:
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
what did Jose in the black 93 cobra do?

11.8x@ 126. The M/T drag radials didnt work out for me and my driving wasn't all that either. But it was good enough to win the Power Adder class. [Big Grin] Good race with JohnB. Just too bad that the other Fords could't make it. Whether its the 65 dollar entrance fee or the time, I thought the Ford guys would be down to race the LS1 guys. I know the faster cars on here had mechanical problems but where were all the other Fords?

Well it was fun, weather was nice and cool, I got to practice in the Cobra, the staging lanes was moving fast. And had a nice UNLIMITED BBQ all day long. Finally got to tune the IROC while racing the yellow Viper and the tubbed 240z in the Outlaw class. Those were good runs too. Well shit happens and I hope CAFords gets invited next year.

hey that tubbed 240z really wanted to run you but his hood scoop was on his windshield when he finished his 1st run against the other car in the first round of outlaw, wingnuts fell off, who knows why

once he gets the nitrous tuned he would love to have a race with you again at the track

Does he want to race the Cobra or the IROC? We'll be back at the track soon or tell him we can do it at the next grudge.
Posts: 413 | From: SJ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no he wants the iroc, it was a 9.80 car on a decent pass last night, but the tune wasnt there and that was with a 1.55 60', so when the tune is down and he nails the launch like usual he might have a chance

he usually goes to the grudges so that would probably be the next time

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Posts: 6280 | From: Winters | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer408:
11.8x@ 126. The M/T drag radials didnt work out for me and my driving wasn't all that either. But it was good enough to win the Power Adder class. [Big Grin] Good race with JohnB.

I heard you had some sick ass wheels on that ride [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
rudeone707
¯
Member # 3457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rudeone707  Ford pictures for rudeone707  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran my slow ass vert it was a fun event even tho alot of fords flaked out. I agree with jon and chris, if you said you were gonna show you should have showed. In the beginning there was a lot of people that said "im in", where the fuck were you? If the rules were a problem then you should have said something. I personally had 15 runs all day. So everyone who didnt show missed out.

--------------------
agp707.com

Posts: 190 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:


What happened with John 91's car?????


wiring problem, fuel wasn't getting to the injectors, had fuel pressure just no fuel coming out of the injectors. [Frown] It sucks cause we stayed a while and figured john's 91 coupe was the 2nd fastest car there. Only one chevy had a chance of beating john and it was that outlaw Iroc that ran a 9.53 [Mad]

[ June 21, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0JEEP ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17555 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah a 9.53 at 120ish..........haha.....good luck with that one! but johns car is definitely one of the cleanest stangs ive seen, i would love to see a clean pass!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Posts: 3821 | From: Hayward | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0JEEP:
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
i was there with a few other mustangs and props to them who came out, but i feel it was bullshit that the planning for this has been going on since january and people from this board should have spoken up if they didnt agree with shit.
but when some people said something all they did was cry about shit instead of trying to help with a solution.
i was out there representing and my car was running like shit but i still represented.
oh well maybe next year us ford guys can maybe put some more input on how we can make this fair for everyone with an agreement.
[patriot]

So that was your car. Dude what was it backfiring for? [Confused]
thats what im trying to figure out [Confused]
it wasnt doing that before. it could be too much fuel,not enough ignition, im stumped, but on another note i have some parts on order and im hoping the back firing issue can be figured out.

whats a trip though is i had normal 91 octane in it when it was backfiring, so when i got low enough on fuel i added some 103 in it and it stopped doing it [Eek!]
and i also tried some et drags on the car for the first time and lost almost 6 mph over my nitto's [Mad]

has your car been dyno tuned?
im about to swap out the cams and put new ones in and add some more parts and after that im just gonna tune with a wide ban, and real time street use fuck dyno tuning it,im gonna tune it my self with some help of some others here on the board with a pms [Wink]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
im about to swap out the cams and put new ones in and add some more parts and after that im just gonna tune with a wide ban, and real time street use fuck dyno tuning it,im gonna tune it my self with some help of some others here on the board with a pms [Wink]

Ahmen chris ahmen [patriot] [dance] [dance]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gixxer408  Ford pictures for gixxer408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer408:
11.8x@ 126. The M/T drag radials didnt work out for me and my driving wasn't all that either. But it was good enough to win the Power Adder class. [Big Grin] Good race with JohnB.

I heard you had some sick ass wheels on that ride [Whoo Whooooo!]
YUP! [Big Grin]
Posts: 413 | From: SJ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Whoo Whooooo!] for Welds

--------------------
1993 Cobra x2
2003 Cobra
2017 Shelby GT350

Posts: 6501 | From: The Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
yeah a 9.53 at 120ish..........haha.....good luck with that one! but johns car is definitely one of the cleanest stangs ive seen, i would love to see a clean pass!

120ish? he must have definitely let off at the last 100 feet or something. That was definitely the fastest car there and then if we had john's car running it would have been the 2nd fastest.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17555 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gixxer408  Ford pictures for gixxer408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
no he wants the iroc, it was a 9.80 car on a decent pass last night, but the tune wasnt there and that was with a 1.55 60', so when the tune is down and he nails the launch like usual he might have a chance

he usually goes to the grudges so that would probably be the next time

We'll be there this weekend. Find out if he'll be there. We can line up again. [Wink]
Posts: 413 | From: SJ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :


Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords



Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com