Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Cafords/NorCal event today............. (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cafords/NorCal event today.............
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh ya and the plans for next year are in the works alreadya few things will change.
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like I said, I'm sure it was no easy feat to plan etc. Hats off to your hard work, but don't come here and bitch about how none of the ford guys showed talking shit, because you know if we said shit like that on norcal it would mean bannage. Beleive me, I was embarrassed there weren't more Ford guys representing, but oh well.

It will always be impossible to please everyone.

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will say this for your planing next year.
Even though this is Website For Norcal Ford and someother offbrands, the people have to want to race in your event. If people are not into what you have planed they will not come. All the money comes out of our own pockets. If you don't change your attitude about it now you can count me out for next year(I spend my money were I like). There are plenty of races to hit that are specialty events for the Ford guy's MAKE IT SO FORD RACERS WANT TO ATTENED and they will regardless of were they post. Saying you were open in the begging for rules input is bullshit. I tried to see what was up and couldn't find out. Stop crying about it and move on.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 12SEC01WS6:
oh ya and the plans for next year are in the works alreadya few things will change.

IMHO I think the event seemed to be planned well I think there were just a lot of missunderstandings about "rules" for the other races going on that day as well as people getting the wrong idea because people were getting upset and bitchin online. I know I had a lot of fun out there last year. Maybe next year dont worry about trophies, or have only one trophy, help with costs. Witch ever board has the most wins overalll gets the trophy. This is supposed to be fun so bitchin by participants and people that set it up aint going to help anything, only causes problems. Remeber Drag racing is supposed to be fun. Ohh and as long as my car doesnt brake I should be good for next year [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are gonna try for a nighttime spot next year. This year was bascially already booked up from what I understand and the regular 5:00-9:30 time slot doesn't leave enough time to pull off a full event so we are gonna try on working on an allday/night thing so people can get a ton of runs in durring the day with plenty of cooldown time and then run at night when it's nice and cool so they can turn up the wick if they want to [Smile]

Who knows what the exact plans for next year will be but part of our plan is to have a forum up and ready LONG in advance that anyone can enter to discuss rules and such so we have everything worked out before the race. Part of the the problem this year is we had very little time to get this thing rolling and almost pulled the plug because we couldn't advertise properly. The forum will also be located on a seperate forum which is nuetral to all boards so you don't have to sweat our Norcal or CaFords Natzis as some like to call us. [Smile]

5LVENOM, I understand where you are coming from. Sorry that you see me as riding a high horse but after 3years of being an officer of the club it's hard not to feel like you need to take control of certain thing where the club is concerned. I look forward to meeting you someday. Then you can decide wether to hate me or not and vice versa because we all know the internet can really skew someones opinion on a person. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
5LVENOM, I understand where you are coming from. Sorry that you see me as riding a high horse but after 3years of being an officer of the club it's hard not to feel like you need to take control of certain thing where the club is concerned. I look forward to meeting you someday. Then you can decide wether to hate me or not and vice versa because we all know the internet can really skew someones opinion on a person. [Smile]

Enough said, I hear you, and agree, you saying that says alot about your character, and to me thats good enough man. [patriot]
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had not visited either board for well over a month and only found out yesterday that the event was even taking place because 5LVENOM called me to see if I was gonna watch. Bad deal about your whole event. I went to Grudge night on a spur of the moment deal. Have'nt even drove my car in over a month and saw some racing so I decided to go get the car and blast it down the track a few times. Not that I would be racing for any board but the principle was fun enough.
Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was there with a few other mustangs and props to them who came out, but i feel it was bullshit that the planning for this has been going on since january and people from this board should have spoken up if they didnt agree with shit.
but when some people said something all they did was cry about shit instead of trying to help with a solution.
i was out there representing and my car was running like shit but i still represented.
oh well maybe next year us ford guys can maybe put some more input on how we can make this fair for everyone with an agreement.
[patriot]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went out there thinking even they won't let me run in the event i'll run in the grudge. i was there to run no matter what and thought i would see more fords. props to the ones that came out and represented anyways!

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing to remember is the event while a nor cal ls1 sponsored event, we wanted to have a fun competition between ford and gm. I agree we did not look at things from the ford perspective, but when it was pointed out to us by some, when we asked "how do you think we could change it to make it more palatable to ford peeps" no one answered. I realize there are ford only event you can run, but how many events do you get to get a chance to beat up on your rivals?

Another thing is the event took a lot of planning, much more than some of you realize. I don't know if you really wanted to be there in the beginning to do all the groundwork, it was a lot of work. the other thing is yep, we do have a lot of say in how it was run since we risked all the money up front to pay for the event not knowing if we were going to lose it or not. . Perhaps if the ford peeps want to put up half the money ( no guarentee of return and it is several thousand dollars for that half for track rental, employees, ambualnce, security, etc) then we could plan it together. But since we put up the money, it is onl;y fair that we plan it out as we see fit. Even if we don't go halves, we still hope someone will step foward with suggestions rather than remaining silent and stewing about it.

If some people didn't like the way the event was set up then they simply don't need to sign up. No hard feelings. It's just that we planned and spent money based on XX amount of ford participants who said they would go ( knowing the rules as they stood) that were on the list posted here and they simply didn't. We overbought on food because of that.

Anyways we have the experience and will run an event again next year regardless, but hopefully more fords can make it

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Crazy3gz
Member # 1958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy3gz  Ford pictures for Crazy3gz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As everyone said, a big thanks to everyone who did come out. Even though the Ford turnout was a little less than we all hoped i think everyone had a great time.

I understand everyone on the planning issue, and next year we will try to make some very positive changes. As Justin and Kevin brought up, i don't think everyone know that our club put up the thousands of dollars to rent the track and put on the event. When you're risking that much money it makes it hard to just let the planning go to hell. Or to try to depend on someone else to handle it. I'm sure if anyone would have steped up and offered to help Brandon out, or give him any advice he would have listened. As to the forum, i wasn't allowed in there either...

I also think the prize money, sponsorship, stuff was a cool idea and worked out really well for the most part. Plus a few of you guys took some money home [Smile] I doubt you are complaining. Nice race by the way for the final of the P/A class. I understand your reasoning Brian and hope that you can resolve your issues and make it out next year. (even though who knows who will be sponsoring the even then).

On the Tech subject. We were mostly just trying to help everyone get into the proper class so they could be competitive. We knew there was a lot of misunderstanding and people not knowing about the classes, I felt we did a really good job helping the day of the event. As far as the cages and such goes, that really came down to the track officials. As much as we wanted to let shit slide they were watching right over us. Hell, I even told people to maybe try to play it easy all day then go balls out. It seemed the main problem with the cages wasn't the track, it was people's misunderstanding of what was legal and what wasn't. All most all the cars that needed cages had them. And there was ONE problem with cages. BOLTED IN! It doesn't matter what wolf or whoever tells you, if you want to run under 12.00 you MUST have a bolt-in cage. Like i said, that wasn't us being Nazi's we had no control over that. It seemed most people just didn't know that, a few guys seemed pissed that they weren't told that when they had their cage installed, no one really seemed upset as us.

I also just want to thank Drew again, he stepped up and was helping out. Not only that, but he drove home to get his truck and drove back to tow Duane's car home. That was very awesome, that's what this shit should be about. Racing, cars, having fun, and hanging out with friends. Hope to see more of you next year [Wink]

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
i was there with a few other mustangs and props to them who came out, but i feel it was bullshit that the planning for this has been going on since january and people from this board should have spoken up if they didnt agree with shit.
but when some people said something all they did was cry about shit instead of trying to help with a solution.
i was out there representing and my car was running like shit but i still represented.
oh well maybe next year us ford guys can maybe put some more input on how we can make this fair for everyone with an agreement.
[patriot]

So that was your car. Dude what was it backfiring for? [Confused]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Yeah i herd that too, i thought he was sneaking a nitrous shot in there till i saw the times, sounds like a timing issue to me. Seemed like you were hot lappin that beb all day [patriot] I think the fastest car out there was that 3rd gen 9.5 was what i saw. Either way guys, fords or not, i enjoyed coming out there, seeing everyone and BSing again, getting out from the "message board" to talking to the people in person finally is always a treat. Only thing im butt hurt about was the top 7 or so norcal guys all were broken! [Mad] It happens though, seems like the faster you get, the faster the bank empties and the more your car is on jack stands. But when shes running good, watch out ya know. Oh well, there are PLENTY of other race days, id rather race in the colder season anyway, although i would have been out there on a heart beat yesterday.

Rob, sorry i jumped on your name, apparently my name is banned or something? Dont know why, anyway, ill stop. Just wanted to talk with the other racers about the event. No harm right? Not starting any trouble, i know just as many cafords guys as i do norcalers. Anyway, off to work on the maro..

[ June 20, 2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i will say it......since no one else is. i will speak for a lot of people.

for most of us its a 2hr drive. the event was made too early! i understand it was the only open spot...maybe another night would have been better. i dont know too many people who would want to wake up at 5am, get ready, arrive at 8-830 and race on a Sat(day off). thats why a lot more people show up for the night grudges. just my opinion. take it as ya want. hope the next one is better showup rate

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe next year you could have a depoist or something to make sure more people show up. I ran out of money and had no slicks no cage and no rear end in yet so I told them I couldn't make it I didn't flake. But maybe next year I will be out there [worship]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what did Jose in the black 93 cobra do?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gixxer408  Ford pictures for gixxer408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
what did Jose in the black 93 cobra do?

11.8x@ 126. The M/T drag radials didnt work out for me and my driving wasn't all that either. But it was good enough to win the Power Adder class. [Big Grin] Good race with JohnB. Just too bad that the other Fords could't make it. Whether its the 65 dollar entrance fee or the time, I thought the Ford guys would be down to race the LS1 guys. I know the faster cars on here had mechanical problems but where were all the other Fords?

Well it was fun, weather was nice and cool, I got to practice in the Cobra, the staging lanes was moving fast. And had a nice UNLIMITED BBQ all day long. Finally got to tune the IROC while racing the yellow Viper and the tubbed 240z in the Outlaw class. Those were good runs too. Well shit happens and I hope CAFords gets invited next year.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gixxer408: good to see ya again, me and rory were both locked on your cobra, definitely my favorite car there with the iroc a close second......anyway , i think that cobra's gonna go 130+ next time! take it easy

jason

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

notsue
¯
Member # 557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notsue  Ford pictures for notsue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chalk up another disappointed person... and yeah, having to see that long line of mustangs waiting to get in for grudge after I left was like salt on the wound.

Didnt like the way it was set up, or feel like your opinions didnt want to be heard? Try this, put up some fuckin money or stfu.

Oh, 65$ too much money for you? Well figure this, if this side had wanted to help out, and put in some money in the begining the profits would have been split between the clubs and then you could have been helpin this site out, but I guess you guys wouldnt care about that either.

How many times have I heard people say stupid shit like "Oh, we should rent the track some time..." and "I'd pay 100$ if I knew I'd get alteast xx amount of runs in"

The good thing that came from all of this was tho that the people who did show up got an assload of runs, and all the food they could possibly eat...

Oh, and my favorite parts were watching Silvino and Treynor run their fast cars, not something you get to see often at the track, since usually it wouldnt be permitted(rules).

--------------------
-Suzanne

Posts: 616 | From: Fort Riley | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you know that long line was even aware of the race day event? How much advertising was done?

I heard a rumour that some Ford's were turned away early in the day because the gate thought it was an LS1 event only.

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
[patriot]

thats what im trying to figure out [Confused]
it wasnt doing that before. it could be too much fuel,not enough ignition, im stumped, but on another note i have some parts on order and im hoping the back firing issue can be figured out.

whats a trip though is i had normal 91 octane in it when it was backfiring, so when i got low enough on fuel i added some 103 in it and it stopped doing it [Eek!]
and i also tried some et drags on the car for the first time and lost almost 6 mph over my nitto's [Mad]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
[patriot]

it wasnt doing that before. it could be too much fuel,not enough ignition, im stumped, but on another note i have some parts on order and im hoping the back firing issue can be figured out.

whats a trip though is i had normal 91 octane in it when it was backfiring, so when i got low enough on fuel i added some 103 in it and it stopped doing it [Eek!]
and i also tried some et drags on the car for the first time and lost almost 6 mph over my nitto's [Mad]

What was your best 60 of the day?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

13.3 @ 99 1.8 60ft [BS flag]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i planned to make it and was ready to race but i had to leave at the last minute thursday night to go work out of town. i sent Drew a pm that night to tell him as well. sorry i couldn't make it but hopefully cafords will have a better showing next year!
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
[patriot]

has your car been dyno tuned?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com