Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Cafords/NorCal event today............. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cafords/NorCal event today.............
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03GT281- that would be my 93...not 93Pony's. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972chevelle454  Ford pictures for 1972chevelle454    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
1972Chevelle- I had the teal one, Gixxer408 was in the black one. Lemme know if you've got any footage of mine, I'm interested!

Yea we def. have some footage your car. I will let u know when we have uploaded.

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454
TH400-4:11
SOLD MAY 16th :(

Posts: 246 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah today did suck [Frown] Towed john91coupe out there and we got it teched and then came back to the pits and it wouldn't start after that [Frown] had to push it on the trailer(thanks to those who helped) then when we got back to john's house pushed it into his garage [Frown] We noticed if john had ran he would have been the fastest car there except for the IROC. It was seriously a bad turn out for the FORDs i don't know what happened [Frown]

It was nice meeting you Drew, and Paul. [patriot]

[ June 19, 2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0JEEP ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"The LS1 guys had a nice turnout, even if 3/4ths of the group ran 13's"

Damn John, in that case it sounds like I could have run too!

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had fun watching (i was the guy that always had a beer in my hand),b ut to me, it didnt really seem like a gm vs ford event. i wish iwoulda brought my car tough, cant complain about 65 bucks and all the runs you want

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, sorry to hear about the poor turnout from oue camp. I REALLY REALLY wanted to go but backed out on principle due to Force Fed Performance's involvement and personal issues I have with them.

Sorry to those who worked so hard to rent the track and set this whole thing up.
Maybe we can just go during a grudge night like in the past. No prize money, no trophies, no sponsers, just bragging rights

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think most people showed up for the grudge fest...some good runs. post the videos later
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by badazz:
i think most people showed up for the grudge fest...some good runs. post the videos later

How nice of them... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i had fun watching (i was the guy that always had a beer in my hand),b ut to me, it didnt really seem like a gm vs ford event. i wish iwoulda brought my car tough, cant complain about 65 bucks and all the runs you want

It would have been if the fords who said they were coming to run gm showed up. I can't believe they skipped a chance to beat up on gm's to go to grudge night afterwards. I understand if there were running issues, but to skip the shootout and go to grudge right after it makes me wonder about the competivness of some of the ford brethen after all the talk. This doesn't apply to those that did come out and had mechanical difficulties, just those that said they were coming to run and skipped out to grudge afterwards

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972chevelle454  Ford pictures for 1972chevelle454    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea 65 dollars for 10-20 runs. At points early in the morning there was literally NO line. There was no one going down teh track. You could run, pull around and stage right away. Much better than going to a grudge for 45 dollars and getting 3-4 runs.

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it was nice to meet some of you guys there that I haven't met before, I probably should have introduced myself better. I was the guy wearing the Steeda hat walking around. John B. and Gixxer, good runs. FrdPny I hope it was nothing too major, we watched that run, then came and talked to you by the bleachers later about it. To the guys that were there, props to you, shame more didn't show.

What happened with John 91's car?????

Oh, and Kev (SpdfreakLS?) If your car was running, I don't think it would have been the fastest out there.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:

Maybe we can just go during a grudge night like in the past. No prize money, no trophies, no sponsers, just bragging rights

Brian

I think that would work better. I think the 65 dollars really pushed away a lot of Ford racers, cause I know how Frugal they can be.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The $65 didn't bother me at all
Hell, isn't it $45 for grudge? an extra $20 is no big deal

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$65 aint squat for a once a year event. If it really is that much of a difference to the Ford guys then maybe we should go with Drew and Brian's idea and keep our CaFords vs. Norcal thing on a grudge night like normal and we (Norcal) can design a different type of race where we are not counting on any one type of group to show up. All day we were really stressed about how muhc money we'd be in the hole because all the other Ford guys decided to fuck us and go to grudge night instead. Turns out we still made out but only because of the cool Ford guys that did show and all the LS1's that came out of nowhere.

It's really dissapointing when you try so hard to create something big that all of us local EFI guys can enjoy and call our own on a yearly basis and some people are too cheap to show support.

[patriot] To those who broke and couldn't show and to those who did, even if it was just to spectate.

[ June 20, 2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
$65 aint squat for a once a year event. If it really is that much of a difference to the Ford guys then maybe we should go with Drew and Brian's idea and keep our CaFords vs. Norcal thing on a grudge night like normal and we (Norcal) can design a different type of race where we are not counting on any one type of group to show up. All day we were really stressed about how muhc money we'd be in the hole because all the other Ford guys decided to fuck us and go to grudge night instead. Turns out made out but only because of the cool Ford guys that did show and all the LS1's that came out of nowhere.

It's really dissapointing when you try so hard to create something big that all of us local EFI guys can enjoy and call our own on a yearly basis and some people are too cheap to show support.

[patriot] To those who broke and couldn't show and to those who did, even if it was just to spectate.

It was worth the 1 1/2 hour drive there and the 2 hour drive home just to watch. Some really awesome cars out there.

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Ford guy's didn't Fuck you ,maybe you should find out why they didn't show and then "Fix it". just because you make a Chevy, Ford event doesn't mean they will show. Obviously they wanted to race if they showed up for the Grudge. Very few events are a huge sucsess on the First try. At least you didn't lose any money

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Fix what??

How many times did we ask for advice on what rules to change? Did anyone step up to the plate?

Turns out the only rule that was "wrong" was a cubic inch rule which was changed.

Nah, no excuses in my book. I just know who to rely on now. Our GM Events always worked out perfect so maybe we should just stick with those.

I know what you are saying man, but when there is a list of at LEAST 25 Fords all saying they will show right up to the point of the actual race then I say they fucked us. But hey, that's my opinion on it, doesn't mean it's right. When i see lines of Fords waiting outside to get into grudge instead of supporting us then it leaves a nice sour taste in your mouth for the local Ford community.

[ June 20, 2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Fix what??

How many times did we ask for advice on what rules to change? Did anyone step up to the plate?

Turns out the only rule that was "wrong" was a cubic inch rule which was changed.

Nah, no excuses in my book. I just know who to rely on now. Our GM Events always worked out perfect so maybe we should just stick with those.

I know what you are saying man, but when there is a list of at LEAST 25 Fords all saying they will show right up to the point of the actual race then I say they fucked us. But hey, that's my opinion on it, doesn't mean it's right. When i see lines of Fords waiting outside to get into grudge instead of supporting us then it leaves a nice sour taste in your mouth for the local Ford community.

I know what your saying Justin, some people don't understand. I still showed up even though I was broke to throw out some support to the racers. I think the only thing I would "fix" or try to is maybe making it a night time event? That might bring more out? Don't know if that might help. But you are right 65 bucks aint shit, compared to other events, and like Brian stated its only 20 more bucks then the Grudge or TNT nights. I think you guys did a good job and gave it your best. [patriot]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
The Ford guy's didn't Fuck you ,maybe you should find out why they didn't show and then "Fix it". just because you make a Chevy, Ford event doesn't mean they will show. Obviously they wanted to race if they showed up for the Grudge. Very few events are a huge sucsess on the First try. At least you didn't lose any money

If no one wanted to Come thats fine but fuckin man up and say something. A huge thanx to all the pepole who showed to all the pepole who said thay where and didnt ............... well You can put your own event on and go fuck your self. I personaly will never invite Cafords as a club to another event, a cruise, a race as far as i am concerned EVERYONE who Was to much of a bitch to show can choke on my ball sweat.
4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I was there Racing for CAfordsi was the one in the burgundy 02 stang ran a best of 13.4 @103. I too was dissapointed at the ford turn out i thought that there would be alot more fords than that.i had my fun going up against some chevys maybe next year will be better.

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe thats what happens when GM guy's setup the event with out anyhelp in the begging from the Ford guy's? you guy's Closed your Forum to set up the event unless you were a paying member. I signed up at LS1 to see how things for the event were going only to find out the forum for the event was closed to people unless they paid to get in. Look I am just trying to help you guy's figure it out. I was going to be there except for my car is down. Plus it is a little different for me I am not going to drive 2 1/2 hours to watch a event I want to race in when my car is broke. I will tell you this comming over here saying how we all fucked you is going to do zip for you if you try to set up another one in the future. Maybe if you open everything up to discusion from the start instead of trying to fix it on the fly with only a few weeks left will help? On a side note I have drag raced for 19 years at tracks and have never paid 65 bucks to race at a single event. I guess I am a cheap bastard LOL. Better luck in the future.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I agree, I have some fast friends who drive LS1s and that board is run by a bunch of fucktard nazis IMO, and I only post there because of my friends.

Shit they'll probably ban me now for saying that, typical though.

IMO, the event yesterday was very weak, and if it ever happens again, having more open communications on rules etc., will probably help. And running in the dead heat of summer afternoons is gay (yesterday was an exception, it was cool enough, but a chance not worth taking), how about an evening event next time. Why the hell else do you think more people showed up for grudge.

I would of run yesterday too (another excuse I know), but my car is down due to fuel system upgrades and a dyno tune next Sat.

F8L- we have not met yet, and from those that I know who know you, they say you are a cool/decent guy, but dude, step off your high horse. So far from our little exchanges online, my opinion of you isn't so great, but we're bound to meet eventualy, and people are different in person, I hope anyway.

[ June 20, 2004, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by 5LVENOM:

IMO, the event yesterday was very weak, and if it ever happens again, having more open communications on rules etc., will probably help. And running in the dead heat of summer afternoons is gay, how about an evening event next time. Why the hell else do you think more people showed up for grudge.

I would of run yesterday too (another excuse I know), but my car is down due to fuel system upgrades and a dyno tune next Sat.

F8L- we have not met yet, and from those that I know who know you, they say you are a cool/decent guy, but dude, step off your high horse. So far from our little exchanges online, my opinion of you isn't so great, but we're bound to meet eventualy, and people are different in person, I hope anyway.

true, the heat is stupid to run in and yeah it would be better in the evening. I just don't get how you think Justin is high on a horse. Maybe you should step up to the plate and help him do the event. Cause you know what is going on so well. Drew was the only Cafords guy that was even willing to actually help. nobody else wanted to do anything but bitch and complain.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That board is locked in certain areas for paying members, where I'm sure some of the planning was done. I understand that it wasn't an easy feat to put the event together, just don't bitch for people not showing up to the event, but showing for grudge thats my point.

As for him and his high horse, that was more about a post he made on his safe board to me, that I don't expect you know about, so keep to yourself friend.

[ June 20, 2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the ford vs gm fourm on norcal was closed to every one.the only pepole allowed in where the pepole who where planing the event. The club members wherent alowed in nor where the officers. I ASKED FOR HEELP FROM YOU GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i got was lip service. Pepole sayin "ya ill help with the rules" and then when it time to walk the walk who was there, not a single fukin peroson, all i got form this board in the start was jack shit. I asked several pepole to help. I am not ognna aske every one to help becase if there are to amny hands in the kitchen then you get burnd (or what ever that sayin is) like i said earlyer if There was somthin you honestly didnt like or a problem you saw before the race tell us then. Tell me now but dont tell me how you could have done better unles you are willing to step up and put up the 7k, and the hundreds of man hours it takes to put on a event this size. Its Ez to say "it was weak" dont do it durin the day when you have no idea what goes into somthing this size. The resone we did it durin the day is its $2500 cheaper to split the day with the gruge race, Ya it sux having to be at the track at 6:30 and havin to stay up till 3 the 2 nights before the race tog et every thing ready but you know what. I had fun, It was good food, a nice day, good pepole and fun racing. If you guys want to come to next years event cool if not then dont i dont care honestly. it was worht all the work just to go out and have fun.

[ June 20, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: 12SEC01WS6 ]

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com