Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Cafords/NorCal event today............. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cafords/NorCal event today.............
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't want to be a bad talker or anything, But it pretty much Sucked!!! Nobody showed up at all!!! I don't get it? They had like 50 cars out there and cafords had like 5. There were soooo many people saying how they were gona run and junk(i understand things break cause it happened to me) but there were not 20 cars that broke in this last week. Oh well maybe next year or something. [Frown]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine was broke unfortuanatly(both) I tried to have my shortblock back together but it seems like you can't count on anybody in the buisness to do what they say anymore. I order my stroker kit to be shiped the same day, it shipped two weeks later. I could see this comming(low turnout about a month ago)bummer. Big entry fee didn't help us ford guy's is poor LOL

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was happy with the event ran although I know the plannning and info was rough for those participating because most of the time you didn't know what you were supposed to do. This is something we plan on correcting next year. [Frown]

I too was dissapointed in the Ford showing but was very happy to see those who did show out there battling it out in a sea of GM iron (or plastic). Grats to those who took home trophys or money. You guys deserved it. [Smile]

I wanna thank Drew for doing what he could to get the CaFords side together and try to keep ailing cars running long enough to compete. You did a great job bro and I promise that next years event will have more cooperation with you and CaFords. [patriot]

Again, those Fords guys that showed and raced I thank you. The 4 of you that I actually saw out there and talked to were very cool and were eager to race and have fun without the typical attitude you often get from drag racers. Thanks to 4.6EATINGM'S, FRDFURY, John91coupe, JohnB, and the guy in the green blown 93'? GT....... [patriot]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ June 21, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep I pussed out, my wife wouldn't let me race the 03 Expedition(since mine were broken). Just bad timming everybody is gearing up for summer and out of town with buisness. Belive me I am not scared to race the LS1 crowd LOL. I was actualy looking forward to it since it was anounced and I would much rather of been there then yarding out my engine OK.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think this is aimed directly at you 2stangs, we all know you are an avid racer and would have made it out if you could. I think it is directed more to those who talked it all up then didn't show OR decided to run at gurdge night later instead of trying to further our cause at getting a good Ford vs GM series going instead of the typical PSCA stuff.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I am not Pointing Fingers or trying to get people's panties in a bunch. I was just saying it was a weak turn out by CAfords. shoot my car was Broke but I still made it out there to root on the 4 stangs. 5Lvenom is right there site is a smaller and they had a shit load of cars. I know there were tons of dudes on this site that was talking it up like crazy. Also what 5Lvenom said I don't know about 26 guys breaking in the last week??? http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001027

Once again not pointing fingers just kinda disappointed in the 4628 members of this site and we can only get 4 people to race???? Oh well like I said before Maybe next year.

Good talking to you Justin, I really want to see your truck one of these days. Good call on not rushing the process!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Good talkin to you too man [Smile]

Here is a clip before the turbo.
http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/F8L%20Truck%2014.29_0001.wmv

Here is a WOT clip after the turbo in the tunnel
http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/Z71%20Quick%20Clip.wmv

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to take a wild stab at this and say 5LVENOM didn't post that, SpeedfreakLS1 did. [Wink] At any rate, you're a BIT off on your times..I turned a 11.9, so there! [Razz] Seriously though, I came to run...and did. 11 passes by the end of the day. As for a bunch of "slow 5.0s" Gixxer and myself CLEANED HOUSE in the Power Adder catagory. It was nice to see 2 1993 cobras battling it out in the final. Guess I need to learn to shift, eh Gixxer? I want a re-match. [Wink]
I was disappointed in the showing, it was sad. I expected WAY more cars, but that's the way it goes. The LS1 guys had a nice turnout, even if 3/4ths of the group ran 13's. [Big Grin] It's cool, at least they showed. Things do happen, things break...but cmon. [Frown]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I'm going to take a wild stab at this and say 5LVENOM didn't post that, SpeedfreakLS1 did. [Wink] At any rate, you're a BIT off on your times..I turned a 11.9, so there! [Razz] Seriously though, I came to run...and did. 11 passes by the end of the day. As for a bunch of "slow 5.0s" Gixxer and myself CLEANED HOUSE in the Power Adder catagory. It was nice to see 2 1993 cobras battling it out in the final. Guess I need to learn to shift, eh Gixxer? I want a re-match. [Wink]
I was disappointed in the showing, it was sad. I expected WAY more cars, but that's the way it goes. The LS1 guys had a nice turnout, even if 3/4ths of the group ran 13's. [Big Grin] It's cool, at least they showed. Things do happen, things break...but cmon. [Frown]

yeah John your car looked like it was running pretty good, there was only one run that I saw and I was a little scared for you. You puffed some smoke and coasted the rest of the way.

And yeah Props to the LS1 guys comeing out and reping there shit! Props to all of you except for the few Dumb asses smoking weed next to the lifted Z71, stupid shits! But everybody else cool!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Good talkin to you too man [Smile]

Here is a clip before the turbo.
http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/F8L%20Truck%2014.29_0001.wmv

Here is a WOT clip after the turbo in the tunnel
http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/Z71%20Quick%20Clip.wmv

Dude that Tunnel is the Shit! Sounds Great! I just need to see that beast in Person.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, I was a bit worried myself. Then it dawned on me..maybe my car is shutting off on the top end due to less than 1/8th in th tank!?!?!!? Amazing what 5 gallons of 100 octane did for the car. [Wink]

All the LS1 guys/gals treated me great. I had a really good time. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972chevelle454  Ford pictures for 1972chevelle454    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Ya, I was a bit worried myself. Then it dawned on me..maybe my car is shutting off on the top end due to less than 1/8th in th tank!?!?!!? Amazing what 5 gallons of 100 octane did for the car. [Wink]

All the LS1 guys/gals treated me great. I had a really good time. [patriot]

Was yours the teal or black cobra....We have some video of both is you are interested in in. Also i was overall happy with the event, it was fun but were all the fords scared of the ls1's???? [Big Grin] I mean there were literally 5-7 fords there.

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454
TH400-4:11
SOLD MAY 16th :(

Posts: 246 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
after seeing the ford list I thought it was gonna be payback from last year from you guys. It seemed you guys had the firepower to beat us, esp after the few cars that we had that were fast couldn't make it. But alas the firepower was there, just not enough of it. Too bad as GM makes it 2 years straight.

The event was well worth it. 65 bucks for lunch and virtually hot lappping with no crowd.

11 runs! That's less than 6 bucks a run with free lunch! Last time I ran at sacto i paid 35 bucks and got 4 runs in at almost 9 bucks a run with no food.

Plus winners got a few hundred bucks cash prizes. I honestly think if all the fords showed up, there would have been several ford guys going home with a trophy and a bit richer.

Here's to the ford guys that did show up to rep, badly outnummbered , they ran hard anyways [worship]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

amen
spdfreak

Once again this was posted by Kevin.

-Rob

[ June 20, 2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: 5LVENOM ]

Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, it reminded me of the last gathering in Dublin when very few people showed. I don't have my car running, didn't bring it, didn't say I was going to. Very sad showing, almost to the point of being sorry for driving all that way to watch an almost all chevy event. I do believe I counted at least 50-60 cars wearing bowties, youguys already covered the ford count.

Lems

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Sorry to all the Ford guys that showed to watch. I know it must have kinda sucked watching all the GMs going down the track. I talked with Drew and we are gonna work on some things to make sure more Fords show up next year so that everyone can enjoy this event!!

Unless we get flaked on again, then we might have to go with a GM vs Imports event... [Razz]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, it was kind of a bummer... I watched JohnB thoroughly seat the rings in his new engine, [Big Grin] and then spent most of my time there over in John91coupe's pit area trying to figure out his gremlin to no avail.
I knew the turnout was going to be bad when the people in the ticket booth tried to get me to run, and it was only 9:30. If I had a few hundred more miles on my new motor, I would have given it a flogging. Oh well, timing is everything [Frown]
My thanks goes out to the few guys/Mustangs that did run and represent us against the bowtie brigade. Paul

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well that sucks [Frown] I would have love to come out but car wont pass tech along with a couple other issues, and for the man on this board that became a Daddy to day, congrats bro [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man that sucks no one showed up maybe next year the cobra will have turbos [Big Grin]

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wished i could have finished that event with a bang... oh, wait, i did! after installing the 109 octane like a dumb ass (don't know why) i ended up blowing something up. i'm missing on some cyinders bad. anyway, thanks to john b for helping
me try to figure my car out. i did get 2 good runs of a 12.2 and 12.1. i'll take care of it and be out there soon. thanx again to the guys that showed up!

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

1972Chevelle- I had the teal one, Gixxer408 was in the black one. Lemme know if you've got any footage of mine, I'm interested!

Frdfury- hope it all works out and you find the bug. Guess a compression test is on the schedule soon, eh?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup, as soon as i rent a trailer and tow it home from my buddy's house from sac. that test will tell me pretty much everything.

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
well that sucks [Frown] I would have love to come out but car wont pass tech along with a couple other issues, and for the man on this board that became a Daddy to day, congrats bro [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

Yeah Tech looked like it would have been pretty tough to pass since the guys that were doing it had freaking pages of rules they were looking at and telling people that there cages were wrong, and how they need more space from there intake to firewall, stupid crap like that. My buddies were telling me how when they use to go out there as long as you had a helmet it was all good.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03GT281  Ford pictures for 03GT281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5LVENOM:
Not to talk shit either, but all you caford guys pussed out! There were 4 fords there, i saw one ran 15.0 and there was a faster one that ran a 12.1. THAT WAS IT, THANK YOU to those 4 who had the balls to come, have fun, and hang out with fellow racers. Your right, there werent a lot of cars there, people have broken recently. The top 6 norcal guys broke, I broke a U joint last night, NickN broke his rear yesterday, WHITLIE broke his rear last week Gr8White broke his tranny last week, and nossboy had issues as well. So yeah bro, your right, there werent as many people there as planned, but us norcal guys all came that said they would, but only 4 cafords did? Hmm,some people got scared. We had 6 people not show up due to problems, you cat tell me all but 4 of you cafords guys broke too lol. We even have a smaller club then you guys and we had more people there. I think some of the planners were pissed. We had T-Shirts made "CHEVY vs FORD" and i told him to go through all the shirts with a marker and cross out the ford part and change it to "Chevy vs Chevy". I still had a lot of fun, as well as the other norcal'ers. Hey, at least we had real compitition running against our other Chevy's! [Wink]

SpdfreakLS1

cant say it better most cafords people pussed out.the only ponys i saw that were quick were 4.6eatin GM's and 93pony these other 3 cars were 94-98 bolt-ons runnin high 14's nice way to show that we can get on LS1's...
Posts: 218 | From: FF-707/EDH-916 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com