Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who's got the fast NA 302 around? what about NA 281? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: who's got the fast NA 302 around? what about NA 281?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WiCkEd SS:

st5150,
What do you think I could change without spending alot of money? And for the past couple of months my car has been tearing up belts left and right. So I noticed where the crank pully was when the car was on it was wobley what could of caused this besides having underdrive pullies? Also I know it doesnt help either by having the stock 19lb injectors, so will 24's be good enough

Is your harmonic balancer okay? Sounds like its focked.

As for what you can do for more power with out spending a lot of money, its hard to say...there probably isn't much you can do but improve the driving(launch) and tune it. Porting/replacing the heads or a 'wild' cam with an upgraded valve train wouldn't fall under "cheap".

WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WICKED SS  Ford pictures for WICKED SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think your right it is focked! So which one would you recommend and who has it for A good price? So the GT40 heads are not that good huh? And as for tuning who should I goto Mustang Ranch? Thanks

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1995 Mustang GT 347ci - sold
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As for the balancer, you can get the low down by asking the windsor forum of www.corral.net/forums . One brand is cheap chineese stuff, but I forget which.

The GT40 heads are great.... for their time... which is 30 years ago! Its just a kissing cousin of the old 351W heads, much like the stock GT E7 heads are kissing cousins to the old 289 hi-po heads. By todays standard, they're lacking "as cast" compared to Canfields, AFR's, Trick Flows, ect. As for tuning, scan the computer for codes, get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a timing light... then hit the track! That combo should make about 255ish RWHP, you probably will need 24 lbs injectors but I haven't crunched the numbers.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com