Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » NEW TIMES THIS FRIDAY

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW TIMES THIS FRIDAY
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well since I still don't have the money for slicks yet I am still going to the track to play with different settings to get used to my car..here are the times I ran last night...

#1- R/T--.983 #2- R/T---.753
60'...2.250 60'...2.181
330...6.192 300...6.078
1/8...9.442 1/8...9.300
MPH...77.45 MPH...77.59
1000..12.147 1000..12.012
1/4...14.455 1/4...14.321
MPH...96.57 MPH...96.36

#3-R/T---.564 #4-R/T---.720
60'...2.136 60'...2.172
330...6.071 330...6.085
1/8...9.323 1/8...9.326
MPH...77.45 MPH...77.72
1000..12.024 1000..12.016
1/4...14.332 1/4...14.310
MPH...96.78 MPH...97.83

#5-R/T---.789 #6-R/T---1.053
60'...2.287 60'...2.323
330...6.183 330...6.367
1/8...9.595 1/8...9.630
MPH...73.89 MPH...77.32
1000..12.385 1000..12.347
1/4...14.708 1/4...14.651
MPH...94.14 MPH...97.40
(I BLEW 3RD GEAR (BLEW 2ND ON THIS
ON THIS ONE) ONE)

THE TIMES MAY SUCK BUT AT LEAST I AM SOMEWHAT CONSISTANT AT SUCKING
WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your MPH seems low. What altitude is your track at? What RPM do you shift at?
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.10 gears and trapping @ 98 mph?

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The track is about 25 miles north of Atl, Ga. I have no idea of the altitude..as far as my launch..I'm leavin at about 2000 to 2300 and have tried everything in between..from grannying it off the line and nailing it from 2nd on..to revin it and slipping it off the line. I'm shifting around 6600 to 6800. I just dont know what I'm doin wrong..I feel like I can run (physically) down the track faster. 1st and 2nd are so squirley..hell I know Im not perfect but the track may just be shitty for street tires?? And as far as my trap speed. the fastest ive run is 14.4 @99.14mph in the traps with the 4.10 in the rear.??? Any more pointers guys??

--------------------

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey poon: something is wrong with your car because your missing about 5-6mph..are you sure you have a cobra and not just a GT with the cobra badges on the side of the car ? something is going on for sure.... i would start checking into things like pulgs,stored codes, fuel filter ETC....
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Hey Gabe...it is a real Cobra..before I bought the car I had a car fax run on it and all that jazz and the vin # is correct. As far as the mph, I know you r right and i had a problem with the altanator and took it to dugan racing and the guys ran a code scan on it and everything showed up ok. I've upgraded to 9.0mm plug wires and platnum motorcraft plugs but I have not checked the fuel filter. Im sure it is the way I drive. I want to get a tach w/a shift light so I can start playing with shifting at different rpm's..because now I don't feel comfortable enough to watch my tach and pay attention on what else is going on around me. Every person has a different answer on how to launch the thing and what rpm to shift at. I just need more practice and find out what really works for me I guess. The only thing that make me feel better is that most of the other modded mustangs at the track don't run any faster than me ( I mean guys w/ similar mods)..A guy brought a brand new cobra to the track and he only ran 13.9 / 14.1 at about 99mph so I have no Idea what the hell is goin on

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
platinum plugs=junk
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude TOSS those Platinum crack head plugs.

Im not bullshitting but I have seen so many FUCKED up problems from those gay ass plugs.

Dont ask me why or to give you any technical shit on why they dont work.(tho I have my theories) They JUST dont fuckin work man.

Especially on a carbed car.

Also my car lost 2 mph from Cali to Alabama (tracks) I think it was just the 1000000000% humidity in Alabamy.

Dunno. It was hot as fuck out there tho.

Also alot of 1/8 mile track fags.

I hate 1/8 mile. I like to have the race last longer than a good long beer hangover fart.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Well when I changed the plugs there were three different kind in the car...one split fire..2 platnums and the rest were cheap ass motorcraft plugs....what should i put in then??

--------------------

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good old autolites !!

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

04 Mystic
¯
Member # 220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 Mystic  Ford pictures for 04 Mystic    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Dude TOSS those Platinum crack head plugs.

Im not bullshitting but I have seen so many FUCKED up problems from those gay ass plugs.

Dont ask me why or to give you any technical shit on why they dont work.(tho I have my theories) They JUST dont fuckin work man.

Especially on a carbed car.

Also my car lost 2 mph from Cali to Alabama (tracks) I think it was just the 1000000000% humidity in Alabamy.

Dunno. It was hot as fuck out there tho.

Also alot of 1/8 mile track fags.

I hate 1/8 mile. I like to have the race last longer than a good long beer hangover fart.

You are too funny

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Platinum plugs = More spark to fire.

You = Having alternator problems.

'nuff said.

Get some good old NGK's or Autolites.

You should check the IMRC plates as well, i've heard of those puppies sticking and shit, and killing the top end. Matt of STrictly had that problem, he fixed it, and jumped 3-4mph or some shit like that.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com