Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ran my best at Sac last night but....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ran my best at Sac last night but....
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out my times and 60fts. My launch is basically the same every run.
60ft ET MPH
2.455 14.704 97.99(the worst I've done)
2.168 14.113 98.505
2.190 14.190 98.286
2.304 14.536 97.919(I was expecting a 13.9x)

I'm running the stock tires. So I don't warm them up before I stage. I'm think theres either left over water in the staging area or I'm getting some on the tires when i go to the staging area. Should I scratch my tires before I stage. Also how is the track on Saturdays? and is it crowded?

------------------
2001 GT Coupe, 5spd Mineral Grey
K&N
Removed Silencer
MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust

35th Anv. Shift Knob
MAC Racing Pedals

ET 14.11@98.5Mph

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a 2.16 60' on street tires is nothing to be ashamed of...
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im sure ou can run a 2.0 60-foot.. shoudl be 13s then..i was at the track yesterday in a white explorer.. i seen your car but i didnt know it was you ..

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken
11.9s @121mph on nittos..<==at 462rwhp
COMING SOON..600+RWHP
for 98COBRA.COM stickers E-mail me..

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Considering the track condition that night, I don't think that's bad at all.
The best we could get was a 13.7 @104.
With a best 60ft of 2.2, on sticky tires!
I got it sideways shifting into 2nd!

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you kicked my ass..
Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw you run your explorer. But I didn't know it was you. Next time we should all meet up somewhere on they way to the track. So we can figure out who everybody is.

I'm happy for the most part with my 60fts. i would like to run consistant 2.1x and hit 2.0 every once in a while. But the track conditions won't allow that on wednesday nights. How is the track on friday and saturday nights, which night is the best one to go on.

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

norcalbmxer
What car was yours?

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bunchmyfunky,

The track is prepped well for saturday nights. Also it's not crowded and you run when you want to. I know of some people going tomorrow. I'm gonna watch. I gotta get my car ready for smog and then sell my parts and the car, then get a brand new one

------------------
1991 Black/Black GT Convertible

Track times:
13.87 at 98 1.98 60'
13.12 @105 75 shot 1.95 60'
12.96 @105.96 125 shot 2.00 60' computer in limp mode

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didnt race on weds....motor mounts were, well lets say...not so good, but I met you a couple weeks ago, Im in the white 91 5.0gt...Actually I think the last time i talked to you was the last mustang night, i believe it was your first night....
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Hey, I remember you. When you going again?
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

I guess grudge night

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com