Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Time slips from the 98cobra crew at Sacto on Friday 07-27-2001

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Time slips from the 98cobra crew at Sacto on Friday 07-27-2001
JAYZ28
¯
Member # 194

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for JAYZ28  Ford pictures for JAYZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO, what was the final slip count and who ran what out there...I was watching and saw A LOT of you guys run...

You guys all parked in front of my RED 99Z in the pits...

I know it was TNT but still post em up! lets see em...

Also, I saw what I thought to be a SC Stang or 2 in your crew...What were those numbers...

THANKS!

This is not a troll post, but suggested by st5150...

Jason

------------------
99Z A4
Bright Ass'd RED
Black SS scoop...
Few mods...

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

[This message has been edited by stocker (edited 08-02-2001).]

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was there in the blue 89 'vert and ran a best of 12.87 @ 108.03
Ran the car once with the chip I had burned at Mustang ranch a few weeks ago and ran a dismal 13.08 @ 104.33 That was $475 well spent !!!
Need to work on the car a bit before I go back up. Time for a new clutch, and tires
I know if I can get this pig off the line better I can get into the low-mid 12's (1.93 was the best 60ft Friday night)
Although, once I get the rollbar installed it will probably slow me down a tenth or so

Later
Brian

------------------
1989 LX Ragtop.
Keith Craft 331, AFR 165 heads, GT-40 intake, 65mm TB, 76 mm C&L MAF, 30 lb injectors, 190 lph pump, Kirban Billet AFPR, FRPP spark plug wires, FRPP Rpm Extender, Goodyear Silicone hoses, MSD 6AL box, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, TFS Stage 2 cam, JBA Shorty headers, Bassani x-pipe w/cats, BBK "street" pulleys, AOD to T-5Z swap, Griggs in-floor frame kit, Cervini Cobra Grille, Cervini Cobra R hood, blah, blah, blah.....
New best !!! 12.67 @ 109.08 w/1.83 60ft !!

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

JAYZ28
¯
Member # 194

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JAYZ28  Ford pictures for JAYZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stocker:
Weren't they all running 10's, I think some slipped into the 11's on missed shifts.
btw, what were you running?

anyone else...lofl

TheBrain->> Good deal...I know there were other 12 sec passes, just do not remember what cars...that sucks about the chip! I saw ya swapping them out, did not see your times go down though...

Were all the cars in your group from this board or some from strictly50 as well...

J

JAYZ28
¯
Member # 194

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JAYZ28  Ford pictures for JAYZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
duplicate...

[This message has been edited by JAYZ28 (edited 08-01-2001).]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wasn't aware of the gtg, but happened to be there and got 4 runs in later in the evening. They went like this. 12.94,.95,.98,.99.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you even run stocker????? what were your times....?????? huh? mr. curiousity

jay
1997 Z28 *rip*

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

JAYZ28
¯
Member # 194

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for JAYZ28  Ford pictures for JAYZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope, no runs...Just hanging with friends and there to watch a friend who was running his SC Z28...

He started at 11.0 and worked his way down to 10.4...He kept shaving .1 off each run...He' got a 9 sec LT1 as soon as he decides to relly launch it...Still breaking it in...In his A4 he was leaving at like 2500...

My car will be out for the norcal event this month...

My car was running 13.3's stock...Dunno where it will be in the 12's exactly till I get out there...

I have headers, TC, basic bolt on's (lid, maf, !mods, my ET streets, no weight reduction- full interior and leather power seats stereo A/C (which stays on in our cars at WOT) etc...

N2O eventually...Not anytime soon though...

I expect my car to be faster than Justin (F8LPonys) best times so far...So, low-12's...We have had almost identicals cars, mod wise...

Did not see Stocker out there, I was looking..I'd have raced if I saw him...We were ALL looking in the pits...

Next time...

Jason

PS->>Like I already said, this is not to bash or start any shit, just to see what you guys really ran...I am interested in how the other half lives...

By the way, what mods do you have in order to get the times you are achieving...

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

delete

naych
¯
Member # 223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naych  Ford pictures for naych    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey,
I ran at best of 13.3 at 108.8. Tonight ran a best of 13.3 at 109.9. 18 inch rims are killing my et. Well i just hope thats the problem. Maybe I need 3.73??

naych

------------------
2001 GT Laser Red Tint
Full Saleen Conversion
Vortech SQ with 3.33 Plly
3-Core Pro-Charger Intercooler
42 lb Injectors, Pro-M 80, AFM Power Pipe,
2 Chamber Flows, Pro-chamber H-pipe
12.8 at 111 on radials

Posts: 308 | From: sacramento, ca. usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stocker -

Why are you such a prick? Nobody fucking cares that you ran 12's on a stock motored 5.0 w/ ET Streets and drag suspension

Wow, I have your times bested...on street tires. Cool, huh? Why don't you street race? Does it take you gallons of VHT and Slicks to run good times?

Put your car on street tires, and come racin' w/ us sometime...

JAYZ28
¯
Member # 194

naych->>> Kool bro, i saw your car out there I think....Should be the same Red w/ SC....You have the MPH to be in hi-12's...18's will kill ya...BUT, the car just does not look the same...

I feel ya on that...I'd love to kick the 17's I head for 15" w/ skinnies in the front, but no way in hell would I drive it like that....

I'm into, run what ya brung....And i do not wanna sandbag myself into a number I can not back up on ANY street....So, I keep my heavy ass 17's...

Blown93Snake->>> Your a mind reader!!

Jason

Nice times for the mods so far....

honestly, you guy cut some bad ass 60's that we can not touch with sticky tires...Our 10bolt rears give with that kinda launch...Mabe last a couple times, but no more...

I will not even try for a sub-1.9 60' till I have the fundage to get a 9" or 12bolt...

I'm content with 2.0/2.1 60's right now...Still crossing at 109+...

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stocker:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blown93Snake:
[b]Stocker -

Why are you such a prick?

Did I kick your dog or something

JayZ28: It's clear to me that I am not 'anybody's guy' so I don't think you need to worry about that (just read above!) you know 'who fucking cares' etc. all.

[This message has been edited by stocker (edited 08-02-2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

No, no dog kicking involved. Just seems like you come off as a dick talking about 12's on a stock motor, yada yada yada...

I've also spoken w/ numerous members on this board about your personal attitudes at the track as well.

I guess i'll have to wait to meet you to really decide, i'm sure you're normal, some people just don't get along.

-Mike

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

delete

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jay,

I saw that red Z run. He was DAMN FAST!!! It was impressive. I saw Dave's car parked in the parking lot but didn't see him. He's got a REALLY FAST convertible Z28 with the 383. There were some nice Bowties representin!

------------------
1991 Black/Black GT Convertible

Track times:
13.87 at 98 1.98 60'
13.12 @105 75 shot 1.95 60'
12.96 @105.96 125 shot 2.00 60' computer in limp mode

[This message has been edited by AaronC (edited 08-02-2001).]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com