Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » SEARS POINT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SEARS POINT
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHEN IS THE SEARS POINT TRACK OPEN? HOW MUCH $$$$$$$ DOES IT COST TO RUN? IS IT EVEN WORTH GOING, PEOPLE SAY IT SUCKS?
Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sears Point runs Wednesday night Gates open about 4-4:30pm
It cost $17 to run which gets you 2 time trial runs and then the bracket racing starts, You win, you race again, you lose you go home. NO such thing as Test and Tune at Sears Point.
This season is going to be shortened so they can modify the track and build a dedicated strip (no longer going to be part of the road course) The new strip will have a concrete pad (it's about damn time)
Track prep is non existant, So your choices are as follows:
Build a drag oriented rear suspension with slick or E.T Streets, then you might get traction.
BABY the shit out of your car off the line and granny shift into second.
Or the choose I seem to prefer. Spin like hell coming out of the hole, pitch the car sideways shifting into second, then pitch it sideways shifting into third gear and hang on.
My best 60ft time at Sears Point has been a 2.43 leaving at idle on Nitto Drag Radials, Last night at Sac, I cut two 2.0's and three 1.9x's (bogging on all 5 runs)
Sears Point is all but useless as far as tracks go. However, if you have never driven in snow and want to see what it is like without being cold, Then Sears Point is the place for you

After the build the new strip I will go back and re-evaluate the track. But until then, It's Sacramento or Redding (have friends I visit in Redding every couple weekends)or nothing !!!!!!

Good Luck
Brian

------------------
1989 LX Ragtop.
Keith Craft 331, AFR 165 heads, GT-40 intake, 65mm TB, 76 mm C&L MAF, 30 lb injectors, 190 lph pump, Kirban Billet AFPR, FRPP spark plug wires, FRPP Rpm Extender, Goodyear Silicone hoses, MSD 6AL box, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, TFS Stage 2 cam, JBA Shorty headers, Stock 4 cat H-pipe, AOD to T-5Z swap, Griggs in-floor frame kit, Cervini Cobra Grille, Cervini Cobra R hood, blah, blah, blah.....
New best !!! 13.2 @ 103.45 mph
I know the stock H-pipe hurt the performance
Bassani X-pipe is installed, but no times yet

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the info. The test and tune style runs are what I'm looking for, maybe I'll try elsewhere.

Tony

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey brian..
i couldn't have said it better...

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken
11.9s @121mph on nittos..<==at 462rwhp
COMING SOON..600+RWHP
for 98COBRA.COM stickers E-mail me..

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

[This message has been edited by stocker (edited 08-02-2001).]

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stocker, I figured you would chime in on this post.
Which is why I said "Build a drag oriented rear suspension with slick or E.T Streets, then you might get traction."
If you don't consider SSM liftbars "drag oriented" then what is???

As far as knowing how to drive, I have never claimed I could
But when I can cut 1.9x's in Sacramento AND Redding but only a 2.4 at Sears Point it must be the driver and not the track. Right?

Brian

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And dude--- am I gonna get a 12 before you
OUCH !!! Now that hurt !!!
You probably will, Because I am to the point where I need to ADD weight to my already heavy car because it's rollbar time.
Since I have dumped all of my spare cash into this car, Getting the money to get the rollbar is going to take a month or so. Plus, I need to do some dyno tuning and get a chip.
Damn, now it sounds like I am making excuses
I am starting not to like you
Later
Brian

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

purpleblaze
Member # 309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for purpleblaze  Ford pictures for purpleblaze    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn stocker your car must have been one of those FAST ones from the factory. Ive got heads and all that good stuff and I can only hit 105mph! O well, hey the Brain didnt know you posted here. I just heard about this site when I went to sac a couple weeks ago. I think I already like it more than the corral because the ppl are closer to here so they arent running outradegous times compared to me (we all have to race at sears or sac). Your combo just keeps getting better man cant wait to see you run. I just bought a 96 mystic so I wont be racing my 92 much anymore since I hope to sell it soon. But mods for the cobra are on the way I hope to get it into the high 12's while staying n/a but if I cant theres always some NX to help it along. Well hope to see you at the track soon ill email you when i take the cobra up to sac or sears probably a month or so though. cya
Posts: 2 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com