Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Roll Call> Wed. March 28th>Sac. raceway.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Roll Call> Wed. March 28th>Sac. raceway.
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Time to dip into the 11's We were told to go to Sac. on Wed. nights and it will be a little cheaper with hopefully less cars? Who's down?
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U know I'm down.
Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would always like to go on the weekday, but with work I never leave until like 7pm so that pretty much kicks me out! Some other time. Let me know how it goes!

------------------
-Matt
98 Cobra
284 RWHP, 12.9@106mph N/A on Street Tires
85 LX
???

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will be cheaper, but I doubt there will be less cars. There are actually more cars. It has been packed on wednesdays.
97Roush
¯
Member # 146

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97Roush  Ford pictures for 97Roush    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I would love to go with you guys up there but im going to have to pass. Work and school calls so ill look forward to seeing your times and videos.
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in, new motor went in on last friday, and I am trying to put some nice miles on it before I take it out and run it...so, I will be there but I might now race that week. Count on me being there this week and on the 28th (and every wednesday after that). Later.

Jack
"The 5.0 Ho"
(check the plates)

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
RyanM
¯
Member # 162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RyanM  Ford pictures for RyanM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there along with a few others from NorCal.

See you there.

Later,
RyanM

[This message has been edited by RyanM (edited 03-21-2001).]

Posts: 144 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully, you guys will all be meeting up later in the year too. I am STILL waiting for Keith Craft to deliver my damn short block
I have just about everything gathered for my motor and was hoping it would be ready by the end of the month. But that's not going to happen
The short block better be here with enough time left to get it ready for Cool April Nights in Redding in April !!!
Hope to get a chance to hook up with you guys one of these days

Brian

------------------
1989 LX Ragtop.
stock short block with a NASTY rod knock, GT-40 intake, 65mm TB, AOD to T-5Z swap, Griggs in-floor frame kit, Cervini Cobra Grille, Cervini Cobra R hood, blah, blah, blah.....
In the works, Keith Craft 331
Parts gathered for motor
AFR 165 heads, 76 mm C&L MAF, 24 lb injectors, 190 lph pump, Kirban Billet AFPR, FRPP spark plug wires, FRPP Rpm Extender, Goodyear Silicone hoses, MSD 6AL box, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, TFS Stage 2 cam, JBA Shorty headers, BBK off road H-pipe.
Now I just need the F'in short block

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wednesdays at Sac SUCK!
I went about 3 weeks ago, got there before 5 & only got 2 runs before I called it quits at 9. There were twice as many cars as I have ever seen (I'd say around 600 cars) The import lanes were backed up all the way to the tech line. I was in traffic...in a line to get my time slip & stopped for 30min on the return track. The workers were being asses...I'd hate to see you guys drive that far for a crapy ass night.
No more Wed night drags for me....I'll spend the extra $$ for a nice Saturday run...
Fair warning...Wed night sucks!
Hope to see some of you on Sat the 31st.

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jack-

How the car feel with the new motor? WOW, it was a quick turn around time! Give us the results when you get back Wed!

------------------
-Matt
98 Cobra
284 RWHP, 12.9@106mph N/A on Street Tires
85 LX
???

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me out. Car is not ready.
Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IT FEELS GREAT with the new motor. Nice and strong, full compression again.....what a difference. One problem-My driveshaft is done for, so I went out to Sacramento Mustang and bought an aluminum one to replace the old clunker. I gave it the nice break in time (drove every night for hours for a week), and now it's time to race. I am most likely putting in the new driveshaft on monday or tuesday, so wednesday night should be the first night back. I know I won't hook , so hopefully with those junky street tires, I can hit a high 13. But I am ordering some lift bars soon and I know a manager from Americas Tire company who is getting me a great, did I mention (wholesale) a great deal on some drag radials. So I will keep you guys posted. See you all out there.

Jack
"The 5.0 Ho"

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
RyanM
¯
Member # 162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RyanM  Ford pictures for RyanM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
93Pony- Not all Wed night's at Sac are that bad. I think I know what Wed you are talking about. The cars were almost backed up to where we pick up our time slips. That night sucked. I did however, get 3 runs in between 9:15pm-10pm. Most of the ricers leave as soon as the sun goes down. I'm not sure why......maybe they need solor power to run properly. lol

Either way, I hope some of you can still show up tomorrow.
I'll be there prayin' to the car gods that my POS 7.625" GM rear end holds up a little longer.

Later.

------------------
RyanM - Sacramento, CA
NorCal LS1 Moderator
LS1.com "Western Members" Forum Moderator
1998 Red Camaro Z28 6-speed "Hardtop"
MODIFICATIONS:
Power:
MAC Headers w/hi-flow cats, B&B Triflo Exhaust, 3" Flowtech cutout, Whisper Lid, K&N, !MAF, FRA.
Drivetrain/Suspension: Z06 Clutch Assy, B&M Ripper, Eibach Pro Kit, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR Adj. PHR, BMR Tubular LCA's, KBDD SFC's, Spohn Relocation Brackets.
Misc.: Hypertech Power Tuning, Hypertech 160* T-Stat, Magnecore 8.5mm wires, NGK TR55 plugs, IAT Timing Tricker.
Appearance: ASCD 2 3/4" Cowl Induction Hood, RK Sport Billet Grill.
1/4 Mile: 12.59 @ 112.21 on BFG Drag Radials (2/28/01)
Dyno: 341.1HP 348.6TQ (12/10/00)
Waiting to be installed:

• TA Performance Girdle,
  • Motive 3.73's.
    Posts: 144 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
  • BLUE98SVT
    Mike
    Member # 148

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for BLUE98SVT  Ford pictures for BLUE98SVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    I will try to make it. Like to drive up there with you guys, when are you leaving?
    Posts: 170 | From: San Jose Ca. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
    93PONY
    Mr. Valve Events
    Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:
    Originally posted by RyanM:
    93Pony- Not all Wed night's at Sac are that bad. I think I know what Wed you are talking about. The cars were almost backed up to where we pick up our time slips. That night sucked. I did however, get 3 runs in between 9:15pm-10pm. Most of the ricers leave as soon as the sun goes down. I'm not sure why......maybe they need solor power to run properly. lol

Either way, I hope some of you can still show up tomorrow.
    I'll be there prayin' to the car gods that my POS 7.625" GM rear end holds up a little longer.

Later.

Hmm..... Maybe I'll make it out on the 4th for Mustang night then.

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
    Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
    on CaliforniaFords.com