Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 98COBRA.COM RACE DAY...FEB 24TH (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 98COBRA.COM RACE DAY...FEB 24TH
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK time for everyone to bring out thier cars and run some good times..saturday the 24th should be a good day seeing how everyone has a month to get ready for it..i'll be out there in my SVO,probably running mid-high 14s. so all speed cars are welcome to come out to meet and greet w/ other members from this board..so lets get a roll call going!!

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, a month huh??

Doesn't leave much time to put my NOS kit on!!

I'll be there!

------------------
-Matt

98 Cobra - Project: Budget Cobra
85 LX

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Mike
¯
Member # 59

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike  Ford pictures for Mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HEY!you mean us slow cars can come out too!We gonna meet then cruise up their...?

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 01-23-2001).]

Posts: 411 | From: Fremont,CA US | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Snake Bite
¯
Member # 88

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snake Bite  Ford pictures for Snake Bite    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be there for sure, hopefully ill have my 3.73s and cobra intake in my car by then. Do you guys know where you guys are gonna meet and what rack are we going to. Or will this be determined at a later time?
Posts: 56 | From: concord, ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WIKD 281, hows2nd, and myself will all be there.
Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm there, i'll have the car tuned by then, definately, i'm in.
9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Snake Bite-

The track that we go to is Sacramento Raceway! As far as meeting up, we might be able to catch you on the way up, otherwise, it runs from 10 - 2pm and we would all meet up there.

------------------
-Matt

85 LX

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmmm I will do my best to be there. Lost a valve in the convert last night and blew the head off real quick to have a look see. #3 valve had a rocker arm stud back off and cause the rocker to actually fall off. Bent the pushrod. I replaced that and tightened down the stud then adj. the valves and put it all together. Went out to race this Camaro and car fell on its face really bad.....I nursed it home but about 1/2 the way there motor started to run funny and made horrible noise. The end of the rocker was screwed up from falling off and I didnt realize it when I put it back on. The wheel was burred, chewed the stem of the valve then finally got to the keeper and finally chewed that up and then BLAMO. Dropped the intake valve into the cylinder...causing oh so much madness!!!

So no dyno tuning with Byron tomorrow and no drag racing for awhile.

Good news is that I can get that punk ass choking cobra intake off and remedy the weak ass 8.8 to one compression.

I going to use Giasis old motor with some 11 to one pistons in it. But my Victor Jr carb intake on it with my good old annular 830 and a solid cam and call it good

Oh yeah and of course the nitrous...always a must.

So by by EFI (for awhile will be able convert back easily if need be) and hello carby

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DanStarkey:

I going to use Giasis old motor with some 11 to one pistons in it. But my Victor Jr carb intake on it with my good old annular 830 and a solid cam and call it good

Oh yeah and of course the nitrous...always a must.

So by by EFI (for awhile will be able convert back easily if need be) and hello carby

Dan just a thought.
Why dont you try one of the spyder intake's from PRO MUSTANG? that way you dont have to tear apart the whole car but you get the benefits of the carb intake..lot easier and its not"lust like everyone else". they can modify your intake{inj.bungs) if you send it to them..that way you could still use your t-body,mass air,fuel system and FI harness..

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had thought about that but I have all the carbed parts in my garage and I wont have to have a chip burnt etc etc. I m not going to have anything up or anything like that. All I really have to remove is the throttle cable and then put my pump in place of the efi pump right after the granatelli in tank pickup where the aeromotive pump is now.
9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Dan-

In your new motor conversion using 11:1, do you have any intentsion on replacing the motor that went out or is that a whole new project for another day? I am curious to see how that does at the track!

------------------
-Matt

85 LX

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Im just going to replace the bottom end. The head I already had it fixed. Iam basically just adding a set of 11 to one pistons and of course a carbed intake Victor Jr and 830 annular.

I actually have the new motor at the shop already. I have added some crower rods a steel crank 11 to one Arias pistons and a good SFI balancer.

I am going to run a solid lift roller cam which is why it may not be up running and ready on the 24th. If it is I doubt it will have enought time to have a good tune or to open up the bottle.

I can still run pump gas and be pretty streetable with 11 to one and a solid roller so dont be fooled.

If it runs good on the motor then I might put a converted EFI victor jr intake (carb with fuel rails) on it and put my kamikaze pump on it. Then have a chip burned.

We will see.

I expect it to be in the mid to low 12s on the motor in the heavy ass convert. With the bottle on anything is possible.

I have seen what I call the GOD shot. A good nitrous tune and the right size shot to put a 12.80 car into the 10s. Takes ALOT tho.

But I have seen it.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there.... to watch. I'll bring my car if I some how get my trac lock rebuilt with two extra clutches and an F150 "S" spring and can borrow some slicks.

------------------
My Stocker LX

"Yo momma so fat, when we went to the drive-in, we didn't have to pay because we dressed her up as a Chevrolet."

S302
Member # 71

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for S302  Ford pictures for S302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there, still trying to get all my mod's on and gear's. My need to borrow some tire's. See everyone there late.
Posts: 7 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just found out that I am going to be working hella late that Friday nite before which is going to suck, but I will be able to show up and see what I really got on Sat!

------------------
-Matt

85 LX

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Sawson,
If my car doesnt make it out you can borrow my ET streets. If I do make it out we can hot swap the ET streets. As long as you dont have long ass wheel studs if you do you have to bring your own lug nutz.

You can pack those clutches and put your spring in easily by yourself in a day.

I say go for it.

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I should be up there too! Maybe ill put some runs on the EDGE, see how big a turd it really is!!! If anyone is thinkin about not goin because theyre not runnin 12's, im gonna be runnin some 16's( or hopefully a high 15), so theyres no excuse not to go!!!

------------------
Basketcase 68 cougar5.0, 85 Xr4Ti budget beater

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys...I wana get out there and do some dragging too. I haven't run it at a track yet. Can someone give me directions from Hayward to Sears Point...and how much mooola are we talking about here to run and what type of rules are there?
Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lilghoust:
Hey guys...I wana get out there and do some dragging too. I haven't run it at a track yet. Can someone give me directions from Hayward to Sears Point...and how much mooola are we talking about here to run and what type of rules are there?

well i could give you directions to sears point. but we're running at SACRAMENTO raceway.seeing how your from hayward you could just meet up w/ us in hayward and we can caravan up there..

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a plan man. Let me know where u wana meet up at Hayward and I can roll along with you guys.
Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So this is on feb 24th?? I should go out there. I live in roseville(about 20 min from sac raceway), so I have a short drive, but I would like to meet up with some of you guys. Let me know how we could meet up. Oh yeah and MATT----What's up with the throttle body for sale? Please let me know.

Jack
"The 5.0 Ho"

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
wyld2
¯
Member # 132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyld2  Ford pictures for wyld2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the 24 th the 1st day you'll be at Sac? Is that when the track opens? When do the WED nights start? Anyone have the web page for Sac, can't find it. Do you know about what time you'll be going through Tracy, I'd like to ride up with you. I don't have a Cobra but I have a nice 93 GT . Where do you guys get together for the off track races? I'd like to come by. Sorry for all the questions.
Manny
¯
Member # 23

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Manny  Ford pictures for Manny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey wyld2! It dont matter what kind of car you have. I dont have a cobra either, I have a GT "automaict"!, And Im going! Ive been there a couple times and Ive had a blast! Hope you can joint us. later

Manny....

[This message has been edited by Manny99GT (edited 02-07-2001).]

Posts: 495 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wyld2,
Web site for sac is: www.sacramentoraceway.com Wed's night started already. Bring your car, I only have a GT also. Probably roll through your area around 9ish. Sometimes we go 680 all the way.

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 14th is the first wednesday night of the year. I'll be there lookin for high 13's on motor. I'll be out on the 24th too

------------------
1991 Black/Black GT Convertible

Track times:
14.14 @ 98 NA
13.46 @104 80 shot

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com