Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Going to Sac. saturday Jan. 20th. Anyone wanna join us?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to Sac. saturday Jan. 20th. Anyone wanna join us?
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed my power pipe and am going to run E/T streets. We'll see how the clutch holds up? I am shooting for low 12's with my current setup before dyno tune.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When are you guys going? Who's going?

------------------
My Stocker LX

"I bet what happened was, they discovered fire and invented the wheel on the same day. Then, that night, they burned the wheel." -Jack Handey

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey wikd 281...i really think the E.T.streets is a bad idea w/ the way your clutch is acting...you should keep it "drag radials" like the rest of 98cobra.com,home os the TRUE street cars.. good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!!!

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ET streets are DOT aproved and considered legal in all drag radial classes that I know of.

------------------
My Stocker LX

"I bet what happened was, they discovered fire and invented the wheel on the same day. Then, that night, they burned the wheel." -Jack Handey

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
ET streets are DOT aproved and considered legal in all drag radial classes that I know of.

fuck , who cares what "class" ET streets are in. last i checked none of us are pro racers that race in a class..last i checked you havent ran your car at a track in a year, so dont talk to me about "classes"..

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are the NMRA rules for the drag radial class:
http://www.nmraracing.com/classes2001/radial.html

I quote: "General Description - Drag Radial was designed for street driven, D.O.T. Radial equipped small-block '79-up Fox-chassis Fords. 325mm maximum measured tire width."

Think and call it what you want, but ET Streets are considered Drag Radials by everyone else in the racing world.

------------------
My Stocker LX

matt_5.0
Member # 131

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for matt_5.0  Ford pictures for matt_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So is it Sac or the Dyno tomorrow?

------------------

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You two really really should kiss and make up.

I always see you two beefing on here

ET Streets work good and are DOT legal enough to keep one from getting a ticket.....and they work alot better than the other street slicks because...well basically....heheh they are a slick

But you can actually corner with BFG Drag T/As if you air em up good enough

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Here are the NMRA rules for the drag radial class:
http://www.nmraracing.com/classes2001/radial.html

I quote: "General Description - Drag Radial was designed for street driven, D.O.T. Radial equipped small-block '79-up Fox-chassis Fords. 325mm maximum measured tire width."

Think and call it what you want, but ET Streets are considered Drag Radials by everyone else in the racing world.

heres a quote i picked up fromt that link you have above
"Maximum Measured Tire Size - D.O.T. "RADIAL TYPE" tires are required, front and rear. 325mm maximum measured rear tire size. Drag Radial-type tires are permitted. Wrinkle-wall, non-radial type tires are prohibited."

ok let me translate this for you..ET streets are NOT a RADIAL tire, but a bias-ply tire,wrinkle-wall design..so they are not legal in the drag-RADIAL class..a tire has to be a "RADIAL" tire to be in a "RADIAL" class..

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com