Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » back from the track......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: back from the track......
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well,manny and me took his car out to sac raceway to try to better his times..went from a 14.4 to a 14.2..hope that w/ the new gears(3.73s) and MAF times will drop to high 13s.remember this car is a automatic..

on a different note: mike w/ the green supra was also there..went 13.3@109mph...not to bad for his 1st time there..
miles friend matt(not 9COBRA8)was there also running a 14.2 on the motor and a 12.6 on a 125 shot...not bad for a heavy elco on drag radials...

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet.... what was Manny's best MPH? What did you do for that .2 second gain? Also is 13.3@109 right for that green supra? 13.3@109 and he hasn't lost a race in 6 months except to OutlawZ? Was there a good turn out or I didn't miss much?

-Sawson

------------------
My Stocker LX

"I bet what happened was, they discovered fire and invented the wheel on the same day. Then, that night, they burned the wheel." -Jack Handey

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was a OK turn out.. 99% trailor queens.. thats about it .. maybe 5-6 street cars.oh that guy w/ a big thumper turbo was there in his coupe..i have never seen a turbo so big in my life !!! nothing really big...

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what was Manny's best MPH?

Also, here is that big thumper right here:

What did that Yellow version of Job Spetter Jr's car run?

Notice the similarities?

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Norman ran an 8.69 @ 157. I think most of the other passes were aborted do to traction.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:
Norman ran an 8.69 @ 157. I think most of the other passes were aborted do to traction.

So what did you end up running?

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[This message has been edited by 90GT (edited 12-27-2000).]

90GT
¯
Member # 3

st5150, 12.53 was the best with a couple 12.57s. The slick lane was hookin with a best of 1.68 and 1.69 on 26x10 ET Drags. I was testing out a new rpm upper and was trying to figure out shiftpoints, timing, etc. So early on the mph was in the 108s, but after some adjustment mph went back to 109s but the track wasn't as good. The best mph was 109.96. The street lane was so bad I think I actually spun 3rd on the first pass. And the best 60 I could get was 2.06, what a joke. I felt sorry for people who paid $37 for track prep that was worse than some wednesdays.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats awsome, your car is a freak. Box stock GT40X heads are just a bit less than Edelbrock 6037's, yet I never hear about NA 6037 cars running 109+ mph! With that MPH and 60 ft you probably have some low 12 second passes in the car! Did you ever weight your car? Its no feather weight either.
90GT
¯
Member # 3

st5150, actually I have been talking to a guy in FLA and he is running the 6037s, b w/1.7s, and an rpm with a polished lower through longtubes and 4.10 gears. Weight with driver on his is 3367 I believe, and he is running high 111 to low 112. This makes mine look pretty slow since mine is a featherweight at 3225 w/driver. To top it off the weather in FLA isn't as cool as it's been here.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright guys....
Which lane is the street tire lane & which is the slicks lane?
They look the same & seem to hook the same to me....? What am I missing?

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott-
You forgot to mention you're still running the stock 4 cat H pipe.
Just a few more horses hiding in a nice flowing H or X to push you over the 110 mark!
You car IS a Freak!

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
93Pony-

The street tire lane is on the left and the slick lane is on the right. The only difference is that they put VHT on the slick lane for better traction.

------------------
-Matt

98 Cobra - Project: Budget Cobra
85 LX

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9cobra8- You're traditionally right.... but last time we where there, the radial lane was the right lane.

90GT- I didn't know you still have the stock H pipe! WHY? I see used ones for sale for $50ish all the time around here! Its worth a solid MPH. You should post your times and mods on the corral.... people are "drooling" over a AFR head/intake/cam 331ci that runs 108 mph there! HA HA Also- how did you get your weight so low? 3225lbs is 70 lbs less than my LX's track weight (with driver)

------------------
My Stocker LX

"I bet what happened was, they discovered fire and invented the wheel on the same day. Then, that night, they burned the wheel." -Jack Handey

90GT
¯
Member # 3

I can tell you what it does and doesn't have on it, although I didn't lighten it was light when I bought it. It has manual windows, locks, no a/c, no under carpet padding, no sunroof, no console arm rest. Probably more things but I can't remember. I can't believe it either, but I like it because of the GT appearance with the weight of some coupes. I believe you are accurate on the improvement for the o/r pipe, because I lost around 1.8 mph going from the longtubes with o/r the the shorties with the stock h. The reason I have it on there is because I don't want to get caught without them, but your cat idea is pretty good. I kind of figure what I pick up with the weight I lose with the exhaust so it is about even when comparing to other cars. And yeah I saw the post about the 331 doing 108. I think he might have set it up for a future blower install (cam etc.) but hopefully he will see improvement with some tuning and track time.
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yo 90 why don't you get another set of track only wheels to replace your billet ones and you'll drop another 100 lbs of weight. Get some weld frontrunners with some 26x10 slicks without tubes and you'll drop at least 60 lbs....
Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

M&M, I had a set of welds for a little while but didn't notice et gain, so I sold them. The tech guys almost didn't let me run because I have stock studs and longer studs won't fit under my other wheel caps. It got kind of old changing them all the time too, but it does give the car a different look.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com