Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » RE: Sacramento Raceway on Saturday 12/09/00

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: RE: Sacramento Raceway on Saturday 12/09/00
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I had a blast last saturday. Lots of neat cars to watch.

Blown93Snake has an incredable paint job for a 100K mile cobra! No doubt you'll get it back into the 113 mph range when you get your fuel system sorted out!

90GT/Scott- put those long tubes back on, I want to see consistant 110 mph NA with box stock GT40X's!

Chirag and Victor of www.FORDMUSCLE.com fame where there too, thanks for letting us borrow the tools we needed and chit chatting!

Also met some supra and LS1 guys.... I thought Steve was going to spin out on his first pass! I've never seen a newer car not on slicks get sideways and fish tail like that!

Wrathof5.8- What did you end up running? You wheren't getting clean runs on the passes I saw. Anyways- shoot me an email and we can talk about the EEC and such. I'm also curious about the MAF software you wrote.

HRZ PWR/TRY2PAZ ran excellent times for such a simple combo... with a better clutch and launch there is a few tenths left in that combo too!

9COBRA8 was out if full force making dozens of passes as usual. Cheer up

YOUL LUZ.... glad to see the up beat attitude after what happened... I've never been passed so hard on the freeway, even though we where going triple digits speeds and got the jump, we got passed like we where standing still! Its a shame that it broke, but you can only go faster and stronger from here!

------------------
My Stocker LX

"I bet what happened was, they discovered fire and invented the wheel on the same day. Then, that night, they burned the wheel." -Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by st5150 (edited 12-11-2000).]

Wrathof58
¯
Member # 41

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wrathof58  Ford pictures for Wrathof58    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
st5150,

I finally found the problem. My timing
was set at 1 ATDC rather than 10BTDC. As soon as I moved the timing the car gained a ton of power. I'll probably go back out this Sunday. Try to make it out and we can talk some EEC stuff.

By the way, was finally good to meet a clean bunch of Mustang guys with nice cars too.

------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com