Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » My results from Sac...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My results from Sac...
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No rain, high humidity! After getting my car from the dealership on Wednesday, I was able to put on most of my mods that I took off because of warrenty reasons. I install new gears, 4:30's, and with not much practice other than the street races the night before, I was impressed with my 60ft times being 1.87 the best on drag radials. Unfortunately, my best mph was only 13.0 hoping to get into the 12's, probably one of the main reasons being that the humidity was high because it was going to rain. Oh well, gave me a chance to practice my 60ft times! I am going to do some more work and head back out to the track probably next week. Anyone else want to join me?

------------------
Matt - Red 98 Cobra
AKA - Project: Budget Cobra

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job bro! You were right at the verge. Is there any way that you can use your cold air setup with that MAF? I think that would help out a lot. From what I hear, cold air kits can make a considerable difference!
Later.

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Agree on the cold air induction. I have some work to do as far as customizing parts and fine tuning what I have. I will keep you posted on how that goes!

------------------
Matt - Red 98 Cobra
AKA - Project: Budget Cobra

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com