Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Do you have to have a blowdown tube for Sac raceway?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you have to have a blowdown tube for Sac raceway?
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've only got the NOS racer safety valve on the bottle now,trying to avoid drilling through the trunk for a blowdown tube,the bottle is in the trunk on a 98 GT.
Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since they virtually have no tech inspection you don't. Just don't pop your hood and they won't ask. I've never had a problem and I don't a blowdown tube.

------------------
1991 Black/Black GT Convertible

Track times:
14.14 @ 98 NA
13.46 @104 80 shot

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iron281, don't show it, don't mention it and don't do anything stupid and you'll be cool at Sac.

Hey Aaron, glad to see you found the site! Got any pictures of your car online? I was thinking of making a "Mustangs of Sacramento Raceway" page in the guest pictures section.

------------------
My Stocker LX

"It is better to sit quiet and let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson,

No pictures yet. I will be borrowing a digital camera soon though. When I get some I'll let you know. By the way how much did removing your sway bar help? Also what was your launch technique and RPM's? Thanks. I'm gonna try some different things and see if I can improve launch and shifting.

------------------
1991 Black/Black GT Convertible

Track times:
14.14 @ 98 NA
13.46 @104 80 shot

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
Sawson,

No pictures yet. I will be borrowing a digital camera soon though. When I get some I'll let you know. By the way how much did removing your sway bar help? Also what was your launch technique and RPM's? Thanks. I'm gonna try some different things and see if I can improve launch and shifting.

Hey Aaron, sorry for the late reply.... about removing the sway bar, I don't have any before and after results.... but I did weigh it.... 21-23 lbs off the front end is a good enough excuse for me to remove 6 bolts at the track! My launch was a good burnout followed by holding the RPM's just past 3000. Then I would ride the clutch out slowing leting out of the clutch and feeding enough gas to hold the RPM's at ~3500 until the ~35ft area where I floor it, so I'm only floored from 4K RPM to 5300 RPM in first gear. This meathod is really hard on your clutch.... but mine is shot anyways. My best 60 ft that day was a 1.855, backed up with a 1.92X I think with more practice and similar track conditions, consistant 1.8's are possible and a random 1.7X now and again.

------------------
My Stocker LX

"It is better to sit quiet and let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com