Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Opinions of Sac raceway?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions of Sac raceway?
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've only been up once,last year for Sat.T&T.They had a pro tree going and I had no idea,had to tell the track tech on my 2nd run that I wasn't Billy Glidden,the track techs acted like jerks,the traction(DOT lane)absolutely sucked.I hesitate to spend another $37 plus a 90 mile drive for this.Any thoughts,personal experience?
Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah, the people at sac can be dicks sometimes, but the more you go the better thay are to you .. if they see you like 2 times a month for a few months they are really nice...even the bad lane at sac is still better then the good lane at sears.now that place sucks..what did you car end up running?

------------------
gabriel....
i own to many damm projects!!

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should have just punched the tech and ran! (inside joke)

No really.... When I first started, I just told them its my first time and they directed me on what to do. Ask them how things work while you're getting your car teched, and don't do anything with out making eye contact first. Don't take a personal if they come off as dicks, its not you... its the 100's of moronic rednecks that have made the officials there think 99% of the racers are idiots

Here is a small list of things you should or shouldn't do.... maybe others can add to the list:

1) Don't start staging unless she tells you to go by pointing to a lane.

2) Don't start your burn out until you look at the guy near the tree and he gives you the burnout hand sign.

3) Make sure your doors are unlocked, your windows are rolled up, your sun roof is closed or your convertable top is up.

4) If its at night, only run your parking lights.

5) Drive SLOWLY on the return road.

6) Leave the burning out in the pits to the rednecks with trailored cars.

7) Drive slowly in the pit area.

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Totally agree!

The difference between Sac. and Sears also is regulations. I can get away with things at Sac. such as a helmet or tires unlike I would with Sears. True, it does suck about driving all those miles and getting a lane without all the specials treatments!

------------------
Matt - Red 98 Cobra
AKA - Project: Cobra

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com