Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from Sac.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Results from Sac.
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran a 13.1 @113MPH. The best I could do was a 2.2 60ft with 13 psi. on BF goodrich radial 295/35/18's. The solid rear is much better, NO HOP! I love it! Saw a 2000 Lightning with Bassanni exhaust run a 13.7 @100. Next mods-dyno tune, SHM powerpipe, Pro-M mass air.
How much power will I get from a throttle body?
One run I got a 2.1 60ft. which was my best launch of the day and missed second! Dang!
"Track was crappy, one car crashed, and 2lost control. Towards the end it was a goood day."(9Cobra8)
We originally left at 8:30 in the morning from Fremont but stopped in Pleasanton because my new tires were being cut up by my quarter panels. I had to turn around and go cut-roll the quarters, now I'm good.
Later,
Harold
9Cobra8

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good runs harold...
i thought w/ all that stereo
stuff in your trunk you would be getting great traction..next time i see your car i want to see how you rolled your fenders..
matt said you were wonering how our cars comapred when i had about the same mods..here goes..

100% stock 13.8@101mph(2.1-2.2 60 foot)

3.73s and the vortech(stock pulley 8#s,stock exhaust)12.8@113mph
(stock 245 tires..2.0 60-foot)

basani cat-x-pipe and fms shorty headers
lost 1# of boost through the exhaust..still stock tires..12.6@115mph..(2.0-1 60-foot)

then did the long tubes,MSD, and the mass air, 36# injectors,and i think my nittos?
12.2-3 @118mph...

then did the intercooler up the upgraded S/C
10#s..11.9s.best mph 121..

now when i did the intercooler it really diddnt help me out that much, i got the extra power from the boost , not the I/C.it just help me make safer power w/ the lower boost levels...

------------------
gabriel....
i own to many damm projects!!

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up man!!!! I am happy with my runs because I still need to work on my shifting and my launches! But, 13.1 is a lot better than a 14.2! You think? We weighed my car and it is heavy! 9Cobra8 was there, a few pounds for the stereo-He He...Gotta have the boom. With my quarter panels, I just cut the inner lip and then rolled them. I was in a hurry so I need to go back and put seam sealer on them because that is right where the joint is from the wheelhouse and the quarter. It works great, and you will have to do it if you go to wider drag radials. My launches I am still trying to figure out! If I just bogged it out of the hole, I pulled a 2.1 60ft. But, if I tried to get traction while still spinning a little bit I could only get a 2.2 60ft. I think next time I go to the track I am going to try to start without a launch, and see what happens. Time for some more mods! Damn, I am never going to save money for a house-
You think I should put my 4:10's back in?
Lates.

[This message has been edited by WIKD 281 (edited 11-19-2000).]

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well seeing how you have major traction problems i would think twice about the 4.10s.
there's a fine line when launching on street tires between slipping the clutch and slipping the tires....just feels natural to me ,, but others (9cobra8) have a little problem w/ it. the only thing i can tell you is PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE!!!

------------------
gabriel....

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I beg to differ..... I don't know what gears you run now, but with 4.10's, if you spin, just let up and come back into the gas. With lower gears like 3.27's, once you spin, you're going to spin for days. Also don't forget that with a blower you have a very peaky powerband, you make your power up top. With 4.10's you'll be in the area of your powerband in which you make more power *longer* which is the same as having more horsepower. With all of that said, traction is a problem that can be fixed with tires.

------------------
My thirteen second stocker LX!

"It's slow for what it is!"

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah sure.. go ahead and put some 4.88s in there.. lol lol lol
no w/ gears your going to had a problem getting traction when shifting to the next higher gear...second gear will be useless
oh and no duh tires will solve a traction problem..
im 99% sure harold doesn't want to put slicks on there..he just put on 295s..
harold keep your end goal in mind when choosing your gears..my 3.73s are ok for street tires...but they suck for slicks..i will be changing to 4.10s and nice big fatt slicks next year for a run at the 10s..(but dont tell anyone)

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. I will consider putting in the 4:10's? I dont know, but next time I might have some Nitto's on my stock wheels in back and my stock wheels in front with stock tires. I think these 18x9's are slowing me down some as well. We'll see how much more money I can spend? He He. I think its enough already. Good luck with the slicks and the 10's Gabe, that will be awesome! Only problem is, you're gonna have to get a 6 point roll bar, seat belts, drive shaft loop and all in order for any race track to consider you unloading your car off the trailer! Dont forget what happened the last time at Sac. One run sucks man!
Later.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by youl luz:
yah sure.. go ahead and put some 4.88s in there.. lol lol lol
no w/ gears your going to had a problem getting traction when shifting to the next higher gear...second gear will be useless
oh and no duh tires will solve a traction problem..
im 99% sure harold doesn't want to put slicks on there..he just put on 295s..
harold keep your end goal in mind when choosing your gears..my 3.73s are ok for street tires...but they suck for slicks..i will be changing to 4.10s and nice big fatt slicks next year for a run at the 10s..(but dont tell anyone)

Might as well change gears and tires. I think those are the only two mods you haven't done twice yet

Harold, put it this way, if you're getting 2.1 to 2.2 60 fts, 4.10's won't harm that any. You won't start running 2.3's with 4.10's. No excuse to run 2.3's with 4.10's. So lets say that your 60 fts don't improve on radials with 4.10's. Now durring the rest of the run you're going to be in the part of your powerband thats making more power therefore you'll run a higher MPH and lower ET with the same 60 ft. Don't fear the gear! I have to do the math, but 4.30's might not be out of the question for your setup. Don't fear the gear

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice guys! I already have the 4:10's so if I do the gears I just have to have them taken out of my IRS and put into my solid rear.
ST 5150>
"Might as well change gears and tires. I think those are the only two mods you haven't done twice yet "
Was that directed to Youlluz or me? If me, I dont remember doing anything twice,-my bad.
Thanks-
Take it easy,
Harold.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Hey, I was talking to Gabriel when I made that twice comment, thats why I quoted him 1st. Its an inside thing I've been giving him a hard time about.
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

hey the only thing ive done twice is my headers and those stupid 36# injectors....thats not alot....

------------------
gabriel....

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
H pipe, mufflers, fuel pump, mass air meter, and I probably forgot some other stuff too. Its okay though... as long its not my money!

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

im using the same mass air meter i always have.. as for the stupid -weak-ass-t-rex... i was forced to buy that....and i got my flows for free, so its not like i bought them..

------------------
gabriel....

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com