Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TNT results 10/13

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: TNT results 10/13
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The weather was good and very few cars. Norman had his yellow coupe there, but couldn't make a full pass due to traction. That car leaves hard. He pulled a 1.32 60ft yankin the wheels.
My brother ran 11.60 @ 126.91, in his blue 91 lx, taking it easy on the t-5 (which started whining after only 3 passes).
I made two new bests on M&H Racemaster DOTs. 60 ft.=1.74 ET=12.68. The tires were hookin almost like slicks. Couldn't believe the traction since my previous best 60 on them was 1.82, and I hadn't been able to touch that in months, mostly low 1.9's. Wish the track was this good all the time.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awsome. You're lucky to live so close to Sac. I remember last time I went to Friday's Test-n-Tune, it took over 3 hours of heavy traffic to get there :(

Nice bonus to see probably the fastest 5.O around here run (Norman's)! I heard a rumor that it got painted red though? Regardless- I think the last time I saw that car run was new years day drags of '98 or something....if I remember right it ran 11's then... how have times changed. He's suppose to have a top suspension guy helping him out so I don't doubt it will be running straight down the track soon.... rumored to be running in the NMRA event in Arizona.

About your brothers car, 126 mph is move'n! What does it have in it? If he gets the launch down, he'll be in the 10's. I'm not surprised the T5 isn't liking that kind of power.

About your car... nice 60 ft times! Those tires are basicly the same as my McCreary G60's. Out of 9 passes on them, 1.855 is my best. I left at 3200 RPM and rode the cluch on that pass. How did you launch and what gears are you running?

-Sawson

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, were pretty fortunate to have a track close. But there are still people that won't go to the track and would rather race on the street.
My brother's car is a 306, edelbrock heads, downs intake, and 13lbs. Vortech. His previous combo went 11.39 @ 121, so tens should happen. He dynoed it about a month ago @ 524 rwhp. The t-5 started acting up after that pass and just went out this week after a simple downshift.

Since the track was good I think I left pretty much the same as you, between 3000-3500, dropping the clutch though. Last wednesday I could only leave between 2500-3000, with three 60 fts between 1.84-1.87. I have 3.73 gears with the stock 1st gear ratio. 1.85 sounds good on the mccreary's, especially considering your first gear. I always wanted to try 4.10s to maximize rpm through the traps, but I run street tires almost all the time and Im pretty sure they would just go up in smoke.

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey 90GT, Who was your bro running against on that 11.39@121 pass... The time sounds familiar???? And that was his "previous" combo huh???? Thank god for that cause I thought he had run the NEW best ET and MPH with the same combo and I thought to myself "damn, either alot of other people are getting faster or I just don't know how to drive" :) So what is changed with the new combo from the old? Where's that 5 mph coming from????
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Heads,cam,intake, cam, and a little boost. He has had the recent combo for a while but the power didn't show up til recently, tuning I guess. When he was researching, everyone said he would gain 30+ hp from the heads and cam, but he never saw it, so it was kind of disappointing, until recently. My dad saw him after he came from the dyno and said he had a grin ear to ear.
When you get your heads, cam, and TB, I'm sure you'll see at least 5 mph with an et to match.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very impressive times. What brand heads and intake is your brother running 127mph with? Still the Edelbrocks? Man, 127 mph is flying, and no doubt it can only get faster from here!

------------------
My thirteen second stocker LX!

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit, I better not see just 5 tenths and 5 mph!!! If I do then I didn't get my money's worth... All my power comes from a good juice tune. I only run 12.9 on the motor at around 107-108.... Typical LT1's that I have seen that run heads/cam/manifold combo's with a good 58mm throttle body (the whole setup requires alot more air intake) typically run high 11's at about 116-117 IF, the person did their homework. Don't be fooled by many of the people at Sacto running heads/cam on their F-bodies that they bought from "Barnicle Bobs Heads and Cam shack" instead of reputable companies like MTI and others. The BIGGEST problem with heads/cam packages on f-bodies is that STOCK LT1 heads are flowing a whole lot more air than the stock cam can take advantage of. Case in point Randy Brown on the east coast runs 12.2's on the motor with STOCK LT1 heads and a mild hydraulic roller cam from Comp Cams... Nothing else was done to his long block except the cam swap. Alot of people put heads on their f-bodies but screw themselves when they run a mild cam that doesn't take full advantage of the flow capabilities of the ported heads... This is why dragracing in california sucks cause most run very small cams to pass smog. A typical LT1 with ported heads from say MTI in texas with a CC306 cam (230/244, and .544/.576 lift with a 112lsa) which is a pretty big cam for an f-body will typically run in the high 11's at around 116-117 cause the cam takes FULL advantage of the increased flow and also allows the motor to rev to 6300-6500 rpms instead of running out of steam at 5700-5800 like the stocker does. In texas on on the east coast MANY a stock bottom ended LT1's run 11 second NA times. As mine will cause I'm getting the hell outta cali!!!!
Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Mathers:
Don't be fooled by many of the people at Sacto running heads/cam on their F-bodies that they bought from "Barnicle Bobs Heads and Cam shack" instead of reputable companies like MTI and others.

Ha ha, this can be said about Mustangs at Sac too! I don't know how many heads/intake/cam 'stangs I've seen running 101-104 mph! Just a poorly selected combination.

------------------
My thirteen second stocker LX!

"It's slow for what it is!"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com