Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So what did everyone run at Sac. on Saturday? (9/30)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So what did everyone run at Sac. on Saturday? (9/30)
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lots of fast trailored fox stangs showed up. I didn't get a chance to see most of them run though! People, post what times you ran.... or what times you saw other 'notable' cars run.
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watch that white 69 Cougar out there with the flared fenders and the 351 Windsor. I know he popped at the line and had to go home...( I only heard this didnt see ...had to work) but he is back out street racing after a little break. He works at Vic Hubbards..name is John Kriner....I remember when he ran 14s.....lol known him for awhile...but watch for him on the streets :) Very strong car with a nasty hook!
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Dan, I saw that car run.... I think it was in the high/mid 11s? Anyways, I didn't see you out there? Where you there and I just didn't notice? If so- what did you run?
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best of the night was 14.2 Very discouraging!!!!!!! I am swapping out my IRS and dropping in a solid rear. I also put in a stereo so that my have been the culprit of slowing me down as well. Probably 250 pounds of weight? I really dont know how much went in. Mega bite Jr. lower control arms and FMS uppers here I come-RIGHT GABE????
Lates,
Harold.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ST5150.........that cougar runs low 10s. I don't know where you got the 11s from? Maybe he did an all motor pass? Regardless that car runs on the street EXACTLY what it funs at the track........hope he doesnt get pissed with me posting what he runs on here? I wasnt out there.....I just know what he runs from past experience. I had to work that day. I almost ALWAYS get called in on Saturdays....kind of hard to pass up them time and a half days ya know? Not to mention that if I cant get my bottle filled and dont have tires I wont even bother............the car has stock heads and is a punk on just the motor....like I said before it runs 105-106 miles an hour on motor............its a weak punk.....on the bottle it runs about 114 mph.....not too bad......You want to run me on motor on the street sometime??? Let me know....I figure my PEP boy 225 60 15s versus your sticky tires...should be interesting since you run 100 with tires and I run 105-106 with tires...I figure I have you by a few ponies but if Iam on radials it should even it up??? Nothing better to do on Friday or Saturday night huh??? Unless there is a test and tune on Saturday maybe we could line up there??? Im down are you??? Anyone else??? Let me know.....
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey!

I have almost finished moving into our new house, so it looks like I may get to start racing again soon...

I'll run ya dan...
motor or juice, its all the same to me :D

You still stock, sawson?

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Rob,

Let me say first that Iam down to race, regardless :)

Now where do you live? Mind telling me a bit about your car? Want to race on street tires or slicks? Lemme know ;) its all the same to me.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Nice bodyscapes by the way ;)
Stimson
_
Member # 51

WIKD 281- 250lbs can be 2.5 mph... What where your 60 ft times and trap speeds?

DanStarkey-I think it was the 1st pass of the night I saw, probably was off of the bottle. About running me... I'll run you for kicks at the track, but I don't race on the street. I still think you'll win... tires help out a lot.... then again 5 mph is a lot!

rob- I was wondering where you disapeared to! You missed out on the last two grudge nights of the year.... lots of cars showed up and put on a good show, lanes moved fast and minimal break downs! As far as my car... yup, I'm still stock.... I haven't done anything to my car since the last time we where at the track.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Hey st5150 that would be cool. Isnt there a test and tune this weekend at Sac? It would be cool to hang out race/spectate BS etc this Saturday if you are down? I am still workin on a little bog I got and a possible (think I fixed it) cooling issue. Let me know. I dont want to go up there alone.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Hey Dan, the last Grudge night was last saturday! If you look at http://www.sacramentoraceway.com , you'll see there isn't many races left.... there is Friday night test n tune, but traffic is a bitch getting up there and if you don't run on slicks, you're stuck in the slippery left lane w/o any VHT!
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 60 ft. is lousy because of the tires and IRS. I could only do a 2.2 with a 14.2 at 99.2MPH.
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Harold..
dont get discouraged ..w/ the solid axle and some sticky tires your car will be a whole different animal !!! if you need help or advice dont hesitate to ask..hey i'll help you do the swap in exchange for you fixing the tailgate on my truck ? :O).. let me know..
gabriel

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

With my new schedule Iam off on Friday,Saturday and Sunday so getting to Sac on Friday wouldnt be a problem......just kind of want to find someone to go with me.....maybe someone to run even..for fun....and hopefully without a 10 second ride.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Hay Dan, with school and work, Friday's are no good for me! But keep an eye out on this board, We always post when we're going to Sac. I'm sure when 9COBRA8 gets his car on the road again, we'll be going to Sac.... pretty soon they'll move test-n-tune's to Saturday mornings which will make things better.
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Well this weekend would be a no go anyway. I completely smoked my clutch racing a new SS last night anyway. I got my about a car until about 130mph then he started to pull. I could care less though since I was motor and I dont run 130 mph in the quarter. We raced a second time because he said he had traction issues....I doubt it. My clutch decided to leave as I shifted into 3rd......still pulled him though. I thought these cars were supposed to run like 12s with a good driver and a good hook....dunno..thats racing tho.....so I havee pulled the tranny out last night and that is as far as I got...the clutch disk looks like it just gave up the ghost......no big deal Ill put another disk in it.......hopefully get it done this weekend but it is an el cheapo clutch so I may just order a new centerforce.....I gave my brother the one out of my totalled LX...so I m thinkin it is not such a good idea to head to sac on that stock replacement clutch (although it has been pretty tough) if I am gonna run the bottle. Another issue Iam having is with the plate on my hood wont clear so I have to look ghetto with the hood off. I also have about 2 feet of rubber hose under the hood as well.....Sac will still let me run though....they are pretty easy going the just tell me to replace it. Either way I would be down for a good street race this weekend. I might take the car out if I get the clutch disk in.
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey!
boy howdy!
I THOUGHT I was done moving :D

My car is on jackstands at the moment.
I have a little oil pressure problem; there ain't much...

Good news is that i have the cash to fix it. Just have to see how bad it is. Or, more properly, what I want to do with it.

I will prolly put in new bearings, oil pump, and maybe one of those deep pans. I'll save money for my 351W buildup that should see the track sometime in 2001.

This car that I drive now (well...if it wasn't on stands) runs 11s @ 118 mph on slicks and I almost hooked enough to get a 12 on street tires. It has heads,cam,1.7rr,or H-pipe,3.73,70/30,50/50, ac delete, k&n, et cetera.

Thanks for looking at my website, dan :)

More photos soon...

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Whelp....you got me. Ill still race tho. I will have to use my nitrous to even hang with ya though not to mention that right now my tires that I used to use are done with...I hook better on street tires now...so I will have to get a set.....ANYONE??? :) ....you running a NA 306 with those times??!!!! Or did I miss mention of a blower or nitrous somewhere???
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

i run a 150 shot of n2o (umm... used to)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com