Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 8/26 Results

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 8/26 Results
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only about 6 mustangs ran. One teal LX coupe ran 13.09 @ 106.4 with a 1.92, on 18 inch tires. A friend of mine also broke his second axle since saturday, in his 11 sec coupe. Unlimited Racing was running 7.4's @ 189 in the twin turbo T/A.

My bests were:

60 ft: 1.94
ET: 13.10
MPH: 107.20

Scott

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey scott,
I saw the car break the axle. It looked like the wheel bounced a great deal in directions that a rear wheel is not supposed to go :D

The Unlimited racing car launched like nothing I have ever seen before. It sounded like a jet airplane!

Thanks a lot for the ride in the car man! It was sweeet. You should start your own Business "Scott's stock lowering springs"

Take care!
Luke87GT
www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/1159/

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times for a simple setup. Are your running stock compression?

About that Teal LX, was it a former cop car with a cowl hood and '93 Cobra rims?

-Sawson

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey 90GT,

What kind of 11's was that coupe turning???? Is it the black one that old boy from Tognotti's used to own??? The one that ran 10's on Nitto DR's??? Or different? I know he broke an axle on Nitto DR's. First time I ever saw that happen!!!!

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Luke, hope to see you run at one of the up coming grudge races in September 23 or 30.

Sawson, yeah I think it is the same one (CHP with the cowl hood) that was running Saturday, but he had some centerlines on it this time. My car has stock compression and short block, I was running more mph in Apr-Jun (high 107 to low 108), so I'm kind of disappointed.

M&M, the coupe I was talking about was Alex, some call him the Russian (dark green with the primered cowl hood). He was actually lined up with Cruice when he broke. The car ran back to back 11.4's (looks like competition) on it's last pre-break outing.

Scott

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ooooooh the russian dude. Yeah his car and mine would be great competition for each other. I don't know why we didn't ever get lined up together. He launches harder than I do though but I think with my figured out suspension setup now I can launch "with" him at least. Mustangs always launch harder than camaro's and f-bodys cause you guys have an overall better rear suspension setup with upper and lower control arms versus our torque arm setup. My best 60' was a 1.58 @ sears right before i left.
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Yeah it's rare to see a F-Body do a 1.5x, I think Alex has done 1.55 a few times. I think the first gear also has something to do with it. Most mustangs have a 3.35 first or 2.95(aftermarket) whereas the f-bodys have a 2.66. A 4.10 would help you leave better but you would run out of track.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The green ex CHP car has major issues then! It has a 347 with a TFS R intake and some other good stuff hey he's running slower than your "basic" heads/intake/cam GT. I heard it was on the cover of a recent Super Ford magazine and had dyno number, ect. I have a feeling he's running 302 numbers on his 347 because he has a 302 top half on his 347.
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Yeah it is in the first gear of the T-5 that lets him do it... Yes a 4.10 would be better for my combo. That's okay cause I plan on running a 4.10 once I get the heads/cam/manifold on my car within a year or so. Can't do crap to the car now while I'm out here though :-( The heads and cam i'm looking into would make the car a strong 6500 RPM motor rather than my 5800-5900 shift points now. So seeing as how I run 3.89's with a 28" tire now a switch to a 4.10 would be perfect with extra room in each gear prior to shifting. I'd probably shift at 6300 and run it out in 4th until the finish line. Probably turn 6400 at the traps.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com