Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So what did everyone run?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So what did everyone run?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what did everyone run? Best ET, MPH and 60 ft of the night?? A LOT of cars showed up!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didnt expect that many cars to show up last night, not that I am complaining though. It was a great turn out..I was so busy racing thought that I didnt get to talk to many people. :(

My best of the night was:

1.86 60' on stock tires
12.89 ET
105.6 MPH

The rest of my runs I spent spinning the tires or babying the pedal and only running 12.97, 13.00 and a bunch of other 13.0?'s..Damn I wish I would have run slicks...But run what ya brung I always say..

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What mods do you have done to your LS1 F8LPONY?
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how the hell can you hit 1.8s on stock tires ?
shit i was slipping so much last night i could MAYBE run a 1.9 on a good run... thats on drag radials....

gabriel

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got lucky as hell on that 1.8 run..I had babied it off the line the run prior to the best one and the track felt damn good and sticky so on the next run I stalled it up to 2600rpm and mashed it off the line and it just stuck like glue.. All the rest of my 60's were 1.9's with 1 2.0...Later on in the night the track got worse because they stopped prepping it and it was getting cooler (more HP) so traction took a big dive..I started running 13.00's from then on..

My mods are:

Yank3000 Torque converter
Home ported MAF
Whisper Lid
Exhaust cut-out (too cheap to buy a catback system)

Car weighs 3700lbs with me in it and the big JL Audio 15w6 taken out on 1/4 tank of gas.

I think the fact that I have 2.73 gears helps with the launches since I am not overwhelming my tires with too much gear..None of my F-body buds were getting better than 1.9-2.0 60's with DR's either..I also had my tires (245/50/16) at 28 psi, it seems to help on these tires..

But my next mods may be 3.42 or 3.73 gears, and headers, that should put me at about 12.60's on slicks since my RPM is only like 4k when I cross the line. This damn thing shifts into 2nd at like 90mph LOL

I wish it wasnt so hectic last night, I wanted to meet all you guys and listen to st5150's line of reasonings.. :)

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No F8L your 3.42's or 3.73's will put you nowhere but in serious traction issues and you won't cut 1.8 60 foots without good tires believe me. Get ET Streets and stall your car up and leave hard. If you can cut 1.8's WITH the 3.73's then you should run 12.60's or so..... But not on street meats...
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Marshall, I know, thats why I was saying I will need slicks, these RSA's would be toast with any real gears... I am gonna buy Sidewinders ET Steets for $75 hopefully this week..

Do any of you guys know the formula or a website that I could calculate my RPM's with different gear ratios? I need to get my RPM while crossing the line closer to 6k instead of 4k, but I am not having any luck finding the right formula for this.. Thx in advance guys..

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F8LPONY- Yeah, I was pretty busy too, plus with all the cars out there was no way I could tell who was who. My lines of reasonings are pretty simple... check back on the original Mustangworld thread and see =)

Oh yeah, about the RPM issue, get CARTEST....

http://www.cartest2000.com/data/cartest.exe

Shiftmaster is another good program to use for figuring this stuff out:

http://www.eec-tuner.com/public_html/smv30f.exe

If you can't figure these programs out, Let me know what you're trying to solve for and I'll do it for you.

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Cool, thx man, I am gonna go check it out right now..
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best numbers for the night:

60 ft: 1.98 (2)
ET: 13.11 (2)
MPH 107.45 (1)

Passes were made on GSC's, with a 5 spd, on motor.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

90GT- what are your mods? what does your car look like? Nice 60 fts with _real_ radials!

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuk _REAL_RADIALS.. kinda funny thing happens when you have 500+hp.. real radials cant hook for shit...but you wouldent know that st5150... DRAG RADIALS ALL THE WAY BABY !!!!!
gabriel

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mods are performer intake, b cam, GT-40X heads, its red with budnik 17's.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Oh hey, whats up? I know who you are now! So why did you take off the long tubes? 110 mph is very impressive for box stock GT40X heads NA.
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
youlluz: Do you really like the BFG drag radials that much? Have you tried the Nitto's at all???? I've heard they hook even better than BFG's and last just as long. I say at your power levels that your car is too much for ANY radial whether it's a drag radial or real radial. One thing I love is when people show up at the streetraces with radials and want to run cars with full slicks for money. Then they get left on so hard the paint flies off their door and they can't figure out why. You need slicks for your ride I'm tellin ya. What is your fastest 60 foot so far on those DR's???? I guarantee ET Drags/streets would probably drop just your 60' by 2 tenths at least. That's about 4 tenths at the finish line!!!!
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

marshall.. i am using nittos right now...i had some BFG'S back in the day when they 1st came out on another stang i had.. diddnt like them..my best 60-foot on my nittos is a low 1.8.. i figure after some suspension work i could pull off a 1.7 on 17" DR's..
i know that my car would be alot faster w/ slicks.. but running w/o them is the fun part for me ..i had alot of people come up to me telling me that they were surprised
how fast my car was...i just dosent look that fast...all i want is CONSISTENT
11s in full street trim.. not that many people can say that.. people that run 12s and 11s on slicks are dime a dozen..
gettin a new tune at the end of next month and should see another 50-RWHP,along with a little suspension work should put me where i want to be..on my stock DOHC motor w/ bolt-ons.. :O)

gabriel
long live DRAG RADIALS !!!!

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Oh cool... I thought you were using the BFG's and I was gonna mention that they suck. Nobody I've ever seen has has great luck with em. I think the best I've seen on em was a 1.8x or so. That's alright but a car with slicks would dust that off. I understand where you're coming from when you say you still want to run dr's but I disagree with you when you say cars that run 11's on slicks are a dime a dozen. Now cars that are TRAILERED there and run 11's on slicks might be a dime a dozen but when I've run at Sacto and I drove there 50 miles, swapped tires and then cracked off low 11's and drove home I was one of the few cars that did that. I would say there was maybe about 4-5 cars on any given wednesday that drove there and were capable of those ET's. That's how I determine what is a street car and what is not. If you drove it there more than 2 miles (basically highway driving) and then you ran hard it's a hard running street car which impresses me more than a trailer queen.... I still see any car that can get there under it's own power and not break down on the way or overheat as a street car regardless of what tires it runs when it gets there. We just see things different but I understand where you're coming from. But what happens if you get those 11's all the time and then you want 10's??? Bye Bye radials?
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

ok when i want to get into the 10s... BYE BYE RADIALS !!! hahaha... nah.. but im really not looking for that.. if i was i wouldn't have started w/ the car i bought ..i would have my combo in a stripped 87-93 coupe,2800# with me in it, not 3800# like my boat,run 10s.. swap tires then drive home.. maybe my next car... :O)

gabriel

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Hahaha, or you could be ann idiot like me and try to run Radial T/A's 24/7 and think you can win everytime...I been humiliated by quite a few people that I KNEW i was faster than because they had slicks..Just glad I never had to pair up with you (Outlaw) when you had those ET Streets on. :)

I still loved going too the track and busting high 11's on the above radials and watching people trip out, so I see where you are coming from Gabriel, but I still wish I would have ran it at least a few times with slicks before I broke the motor. :(

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Yeah I hear ya Gabe. I thought I would be happy when I ran 11's but then everyone started calling me out with their low 11 second cars for money so then I figured out how to compete with them (the wolfe suspension helped bigtime) Then after that I got so close to running 10's with a stock LT1 that that has become my goal. I'd like to crank 10's with stock heads/cam/manifold... I just need to figure something else out besides "just upping the juice" cause I'm probably at the limit of the stock pistons right now. I'll need to figure out how to pull a LOW LOW 1.5 60 foot and pick up a little extra power and powershift. I think that would give me a few tenths and I could do it. But it would be real hard. A guy on the east coast has stock everything except for a small cam in his LT1 and juice and he ran a 10.92@126..... But the cam makes his motor "not stock"....

F8L, I'll line up with your stang once I do my ARE heads/cam setup. My car should be able to run 10.40-10.60 so it'll be competitive with you... You didn't want none of me when I had ET Streets on with your radials. But back then you were a "radial racer" :)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com