Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Roll call: Sacramento Raceway GRUDGE NIGHT July 8th!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Roll call: Sacramento Raceway GRUDGE NIGHT July 8th!
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHAT: Grudge Fest for muffled vehicles

DATE: Saturday July 8th

WHERE: CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS

TIME: (6:00-10:00p.m.)

Need more info: Call (916) 363-0174

I'm not leaving with out a 13 second timeslip this time!!! Here is my "wish list" of stuff to borrow:

A) SLICKS! Like I said I'm not leaving with out a 13 second timeslip, if I can't 60 ft with my McCreary's (and I think I've proven I can't!) Then I need a back up plan!

B) Timing light! Last time I touched my timing was last August when my car was was an unhealthy AOD (R.I.P.) car!

C) Camra man... come on, admit it... you know you love watching those sweet burn out video clips on my web page over and over as much as I do!!

So can I get a roll call? Who's going? If you're not going post your excuse(s) too :)

I'll be leaving from Modesto after lunch on Saturday to allow plenty of cool down time!

--Sawson

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 5 cars going ..
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
test
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 5 cars going.. me in my lightning(trying to breaking 14s , stock if it kills me !!)
miles in the XR (LOOKING FOR 13S)
matt in the cobra(looking for 12.7s)
mike in his saleen
and in trying to get ahold of harold to see if he will go .., i'll let you know ..

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
st5150,
I would really like to make it up to Sac this weekend, BUT .....
Although the body work is done, The car isn't painted yet and is BUTT UGLY !!!!
Until they paint the car, I refuse to fix the interior !!! Since I put the Griggs in-floor frame kit in, it has had no carpet, still has the ripped up seats, etc....
Someone (one of the go-fers at the body shop)
broke the rear window out of my top, so I don't put it up anymore. While Redding Dragstrip lets me race with the top down, Sears Point gave me a hard time about it but let me race anyway (after a 15 minute discussion on why I did or didn't need a top)
Since the motor is still ALL stock, it is too d*mn slow for public display !!!! LOL
Also, I am experiencing some MASSIVE axle hop since the 3.73's went in and am still saving the money to get the Griggs Torque arm and Panhard bar installed
(GAWD, the more I talk about this car, the more I am starting to think this car is a big P.O.S. !!!!!!!)
Maybe I will come up as a spectator :)
Talk to you later

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UPDATE:
<

I called the number and got more info:

$35 to race

$5 to watch

Gates open at 4:00pm, the tree starts droping lights at 6:00pm!

-Sawson

Tooslow
Member # 37

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooslow  Ford pictures for Tooslow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wont be there as I only race on Wednesday Nights as my weekends are usually full. In fact because of work related travel I probably wont be home another Wednesday this month ... hope to go again in August.

Have fun and good luck!

Posts: 5 | From: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: Jun 2000
Stimson
_
Member # 51

So where is everyone meeting up? I'm leaving the 209 at 2:00 so I'll be there at 3:30 cooling my car.
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not sure were we are meeting. I have some things to do on Sat. so pending that and what others are doing, I might just caravan or go up later with Gabriel.
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

how fuckin cold do you want your car ? they dont even start running till 6pm right ?shit i cant even leave fremont untill 3:45 at best... i think manny might go w/ us.
gabriel

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would like to run.
I will at least come and take video.
car's too damn fast.
no safety stuff.
sux

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Rob- I just sent you an email... Don't worry about the cage .... ask "youl luz" if he's running a cage?!?!? =) If you come can you please bring your timing light and slicks? I'll owe you a favor! Thanks!

9COBRA8 & youl luz and the rest of the East Bay crew - My buddy at work with a Blue '99 GT / Saleen S281 Replica is down to go, he's from Fremont.... is it cool if he meets up with you guys and you guys stampeed to Sac together?

youl luz - Not cold enough! You shouldn't be surprised..... you shouldn't even be surprised if I have a refrigerant cooling system in my trunk powered by a flux capacitor =)

9COBRA8 - Should I bring my resistor stuff again?

--Sawson

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll bring the slicks!
they're the only wheels they're going to let me run. I don't have my wheel studs installed yet. The stock ones just aren't long enough for draglites...

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

oh yeah.

And the timing light. a few wrenches, etc. I try to be prepared for anything.

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

HAHAHAH what the hell is a cage ?!?!?1 hehehehahaha ... anyway...
st5150.. if your friend wants to come ,. its koo with me ... i think i'll have whoever is going meet at my work so we can leave from there. im right off 880 on blacow.

st5150-flux capacitor ... hahahaha funny..

rob- i have a 11-sec convertible w/ no cage.. sac dosent trip really...im cool with the tech guy up there.

EVERYONE..
have your cars ready for some pics/video..

gabriel

Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Sawson, I'm going to try to make it. I've never run down Sac before (of course I've only run down a quarter three times in my life!). If I go I'm going to head up early and stop by my brother's place in Rocklin. I'll keep an eye out for you when when (if) I show up. I'll bring my timing light and some tools too.
They don't run at all before 6?? They require a helmet for 13 second cars?
Maybe I'll see you there...
Sean.

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Hey Sean, long time so see.... Usually it goes something like this.... Gates open at 4:00, you come in and put on your slicks and rip off your sway bar. By then its 5:00 when they start "tech" after they get a few cars teched and lined up they'll start running...last time it was around 5:45ish. I'm going to bring a helmet you can borrow.... rob will also have a helmet and "youl luz" has this BMX bicycle thingy he tries to pass off as a helmet :) I hope you can make it out, weather and hook should be awsome!

-Sawson

Stimson
_
Member # 51

I forgot to mention....I'm going to be pitted near the bathrooms.... no not the portable ones, but the real "building" at the edge of the parking lot. I'll have ramps, floor jacks, jack stangs, bunch of tools, ect for people to use.
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Veni vidi vici
I came, I saw, I kicked their butts!

11.843 @ 118.165

You're right about tech. If you don't point it out they don't mess with you. Lonnie isn't going to let it slide I don't think. Though I have been going there a lot over the last year-and-a-half. He might. Who's the tall one? I don't know which one would be easier to work with.

Transmission is probably not a big deal. I think I broke a piece off the shifting fork and it is jamming the mechanism. I was able to get 2nd and 4th gears and once it is in gear it isn't a problem. going between gears is a bitch, though.

Where is the ls1 guy's website? I can't find it anywhere...??

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com