Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » need to go to sac.. who wants to go ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need to go to sac.. who wants to go ?
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to baseline the lightning before i start modding it ...so who whats to run up there w/ me next week ? does anyone want to dyno w/ me ? let me know soon .. later
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let me know when you are down. I might dyno my car to see whats up. Blower is next probably. We'll see? Lates.
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanna go!! We need to do some more runs on the big dog Merk... wanna see if i lost any time with the T5( wacko gear ratios). Well see whats up.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm trying to get ready for July 8th.... They'll be racing all day before grudge night so the launch pad will be really sticky.... I just have a gang of little stuff to do.... exhaust, valve cover gaskets, build a shift light, home made ram air, drive shaft loop (anyone got a pair of slicks?), and i'm probably forgeting a few stuff too. I hope i can do all this in one weekend!
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't be able to make it to the track until the 8th of July for I will out of town on the weekends. Mike you better start adding mods to your car for your Saleen will be put to shame. Anyone got 5 on it???
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a phat crispy five dollar bill on the 9COBRA8!
Tooslow
Member # 37

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooslow  Ford pictures for Tooslow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone going to Sacramento on Wednesday, June 28?
Posts: 5 | From: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: Jun 2000
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I could go but it is too hard to get off work and make plenty of time for the track. Bring back some slips so I can check it out.
Tooslow
Member # 37

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooslow  Ford pictures for Tooslow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really felt good about the evening so I'll give you the long version...

My first run wasn't very good as my engine got heat sinked suring tech and when I pulled into the staging lane all I had time for was to put on my helmet. I did a 2.341 - 60ft, 13.509 ET at 110.118. The second run was the worst I did a 19.655 at 62.326 mph when I wrapped the blower belt around the water pump. It took a lot of cooling, then pulling (to get the blower belt off - it was chewed up), then a lot of time and #&@*ing using a 4" cresent wrench (took my other tools out and forgot to put them back - dumb) to undo the blower belt tensioner, install the spare belts, and then reset the tensioner ... took about an hour and a half. When I was done they were starting the competion.

Since I didn't get a good practice run I guessed at 13.0 for a dial, but changed it to 13.2 at the last minute. I ran against a big block 60's Camero dialing 13.05. We both broke out, but I broke out more so I lost with a 12.877 at 115.777, with a 2.275 60ft. If I had left the 13.0 dial I would've won.

On the next run I got 12.766 at 114.732 from a 2.062 60ft (best of the night). The next two runs were slightly slower, but still 12.7's and in the mid 115's. On the last run I got 90.582 mph at the 1/8th.

Those times aren't too bad for stock looking 90GT (with a stock block) that gets 19 mph on the commute and passes California smog! I got a lot of remarks about what a sleeper my car was, but the blower is just too loud to be a real sleeper.

Hope to go again, but I'll be doing a lot of travel for work and probably won't be back to the track in July. I will, however, be getting some Baer brakes on my car that will fit inside my 16" pony wheels. I need to make it stop as well as it accelerates.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

115.777 mph is very impressive.... what is your setup? With a high 1.6X or a low low 1.7X 60 ft time you should be hitting high 11's with that mph!

-Sawson

Tooslow
Member # 37

TFS TW heads,
Edelbrock Performer Intake w/70mm TB,
FPS TW Cam,
ProM 75mm MAF w/48 lb. injectors,
Saleen shorty headers,
MAC high flow cat pipe & Dynomax mufflers,
ATI-D1B with an oversized blower pulley to limit boost to 10-12 psi,
Dyno tuned by Byron Reynolds to make 432 rwhp at 5700 (We actually detuned it to give my 94K miles stock block a chance to survive),
TKO Tremec & Kelvar clutch,
3.55 gears with an Auburn,
Completely stock exterior w/16" Pony wheels,
Stock springs and shocks
Global West Trac-link (Torque Arm)
Steeda rear lower control arms and front sway bar,
Subframe connectors,
and in a few weeks a 12" Baer brakes that fit inside the 16" wheels

The times were obtained using street tires and a 5400 shift point. The air was really bad 100+ and a low barometer (only 29.50). I can't wait to get some Nitto Drag Radials and good air, but the Baer brakes come first.

The only thing that gives my sleeper away is the slightly rough idle, blower whine, and the license plate TOO SLOW.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com