Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody work for DMV?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody work for DMV?
quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quickblue302  Ford pictures for quickblue302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’m trying to find information about obtaining a personalized plate.

The plate in question Is not available, The vehicle that it was assigned to has not been registered since 2004. I’m guessing the plate owner has been paying the retention fees in order to keep the plate.

I am wondering if there’s “ It’s statute of limitation” Or something like that. or if there was someway to have DMV send A notice to the owner asking if he is still interested in keeping the plate.

--------------------
Eat rice it's good for you!

robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertrwalsh  Ford pictures for robertrwalsh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My information is stale, I have not been with DMV for many years, but my recollection is as long as they pay the fee the plate is locked.
Posts: 73 | From: stockton, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by quickblue302:
I’m trying to find information about obtaining a personalized plate.

The plate in question Is not available, The vehicle that it was assigned to has not been registered since 2004. I’m guessing the plate owner has been paying the retention fees in order to keep the plate.

I am wondering if there’s “ It’s statute of limitation” Or something like that. or if there was someway to have DMV send A notice to the owner asking if he is still interested in keeping the plate.

As long as they pay it’s theirs.

[ 2021-07-18, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com