Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Local performance shops

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Local performance shops
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been out of the mustang community for a little over a decade. I’m not sure what shops and tuners are still in business. That being said who or where is still building/tuning preferably in the Sac area. Will go to the Bay Area if I have to. Thanks in advance.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm willing to bet AED is still around. Hit up 50deep. He's been building a newer gt350 for a while now.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of car? I went with Holley terminator X on my hatch and it runs pretty damn good with my fake ass tuning skills. Lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking into AED as Shaun designed my cam and clutch as well as tuned my 93 cobra but that was in 2009. I can’t find their website but I found AED on Facebook, just wasn’t sure if he was still around.

Neight, I picked up an 03 Cobra convertible. It’s good to see you are still around, doesn’t seem like a lot of the old crowd still gets on here much.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2BlueGeeTees:
I was looking into AED as Shaun designed my cam and clutch as well as tuned my 93 cobra but that was in 2009. I can’t find their website but I found AED on Facebook, just wasn’t sure if he was still around.

Neight, I picked up an 03 Cobra convertible. It’s good to see you are still around, doesn’t seem like a lot of the old crowd still gets on here much.

Nice I still want an 03/04 cobra someday still. What color? Eh I try to come around often but people don’t really come on here and talk just lurk.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

It’s black with black top and black a grey interior. It’s not perfect but it’s pretty nice. Of course I drove it for a day and now it’s in the garage getting brakes and suspension work.

I’ve noticed there ain’t much going on here anymore. Kinda sad but I get it, I was gone for 10 years

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
It’s black with black top and black a grey interior. It’s not perfect but it’s pretty nice. Of course I drove it for a day and now it’s in the garage getting brakes and suspension work.

I’ve noticed there ain’t much going on here anymore. Kinda sad but I get it, I was gone for 10 years

Honestly I think politics killed a lot here. But it is what it is I’m still deep into this foxbody life. I can’t seem to stop buying parts or looking for more cars.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

I feel you. I must not be with the times because I don’t follow or have interest in politics. But politics does seem to be tearing this world apart. I was looking hard for another fox body but damn the prices have sky rocketed. The cars for sale hardly ever seem worth the asking price and it seems like the price of parts has doubled. I almost lost my mind when I saw intake manifolds were almost 800.
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I emailed Shaun a few months ago and he wouldn't touch a foxbody.

Mark Romans did the initial tune on my car and did a decent job. He's more of a Chevy tuner and had never worked with MS, so I wasn't expecting perfection. I will say that the car did run well when I got it back though.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
I feel you. I must not be with the times because I don’t follow or have interest in politics. But politics does seem to be tearing this world apart. I was looking hard for another fox body but damn the prices have sky rocketed. The cars for sale hardly ever seem worth the asking price and it seems like the price of parts has doubled. I almost lost my mind when I saw intake manifolds were almost 800.

Hell yeah they sky rocketed. 95% of the foxes I see for sale aren’t worth the asking price and man are they all clapped out in their own way. One thing I can’t stand is wiring problems. I had to fix so much hacked wiring on my hatch to get everything to work. Literally half the wires people tapped into didn’t go anywhere they were just live. The way the brake lights were wired up takes the cake tho. No wonder I’ve been pulled over for my taillights not working back in the days

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Hahaha damn I feel you. Wiring problems/electrical issues are my nemesis. I hate trying to undo someone else’s mistakes but it is the worst when it comes to wiring. I’m fighting an electrical issue right now with my ABS. I Can’t get the ABS control module to communicate with the wheel sensors. I’ve tried every relay and fuse associated with the ABS and replaced the control module and still nothing.

I never thought I’d see the day a 12,000 dollar fox would need paint and interior and only have a BBK CAI. wtf!?!

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Hahaha damn I feel you. Wiring problems/electrical issues are my nemesis. I hate trying to undo someone else’s mistakes but it is the worst when it comes to wiring. I’m fighting an electrical issue right now with my ABS. I Can’t get the ABS control module to communicate with the wheel sensors. I’ve tried every relay and fuse associated with the ABS and replaced the control module and still nothing.

I never thought I’d see the day a 12,000 dollar fox would need paint and interior and only have a BBK CAI. wtf!?!

Damn you don’t see any cuts in the wiring? Maybe the module don’t work itself?

Lol man I went to see a ssp and car looked ok in pictures. I went to see it and that shit was whooped talking about “built motor.” That thing has E7 heads with a gt40 intake and who knows what cam and straight piped. I was straight up and told him I don’t want anything to do with the car because he already lied to me about the “built motor” so I didn’t even find out more bullshit. You can bullshit a lot of people but I work for my money so imma make sure. I don’t know if you’re on Instagram or not but if you follow the page “foxbody_parts” man are those people special on there.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Hahahaha damn bro was it a youngster? Some of these clowns talk about built motors but couldn’t pick a lifter or oil pump pickup out of a lineup. It’s embarrassing. Honestly it’s almost offensive how these cars are portrayed or what ppl think they are worth. I don’t even remember the last time I saw a clean fox on the road. If money was no object and I didn’t have kids to feed I’d build the shit out of a fox