Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Buying stocks corona virus

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying stocks corona virus
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With stock shares dropping as some of the airlines have dropped. Is anybody buying stocks or will be as we see the corona virus having an effect on some of the bigger companies etc? Looking for advice as I’m currently looking to invest

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
With stock shares dropping as some of the airlines have dropped. Is anybody buying stocks or will be as we see the corona virus having an effect on some of the bigger companies etc? Looking for advice as I’m currently looking to invest

Looking to invest for how long? If you’re trying to make a quick buck do something else. If you’re talking buying and holding for 10 years throw everything you can at vtsax if you have access to it.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

Looking to invest for how long? If you’re trying to make a quick buck do something else. If you’re talking buying and holding for 10 years throw everything you can at vtsax if you have access to it.
I am looking for a quick buck also but at the same time its something i want to be doing longterm also. Just makes no sense to not buy in right now if i have disposable income laying around and am also focused in longterm anyways also. What do you think about the air line stocks though and why do you think i should invest my longterm money with vtsax?

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am looking for a quick buck also but at the same time its something i want to be doing longterm also. Just makes no sense to not buy in right now if i have disposable income laying around and am also focused in longterm anyways also. What do you think about the air line stocks though and why do you think i should invest my longterm money with vtsax?
The question is why shouldn’t you invest in vtsax

[ 2020-03-03, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

okay then give me the reasons why I should then

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
vanguard funds are awesome, I have a couple of my previous employer rollover IRA's setup with vanguard and vtsax is one of the funds it's in.

It's done ~13% annual growth for the past 10 years.

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/performance/vtsax

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

okay then give me the reasons why I should then
High performing, low expense ratio, one of the top index funds

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I currently have a good amount of Tesla stock.. considering purchasing more.

Have also been considering picking up some Royal Caribbean shares.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
I currently have a good amount of Tesla stock.. considering purchasing more.

Have also been considering picking up some Royal Caribbean shares.

👍 I acquired some of Tesla on Wednesday when it was at 351 now waiting on TJX [dance]
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Thanks guys. Keep it coming. Anyone investing in Disney?

--------------------

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No thanks on Disney. Right now is the time to invest in certain "PHARMA" companies, ones that are connected in medication that has potential use for the virus. That's where I've dumped a good amount of money. Cheap per share and could hit the jack pot
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But any way I would put serious weight into bill gates predicting that the market is going to still come down substantially until the virus has reached a peak as far as new cases go
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

whats wrong with buying Disney? Curious

--------------------

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Heres my thoughts, we as a nation are in the very early stages of the covid virus outbreak. If chinas reported numbers are accurate they seem to be at the tail end. Realize that from beginning till now you are looking at 5 months for china to get to where there isn't new outbreaks. That being said in a perfect scenario we are atleast 5 months away from a leveling off period of covid outbreaks so we have atleast that many more months of the economy falling. Sure if Disney gets down really cheap then buy it up because it will eventually recover to its high. I'm just looking into companies that could potentially explode like 300-400%
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

See that’s what I’m looking for bud. Company’s that will dive but are and will bounce back 300 to 400 percent etc. which ones are you looking at that have that kind of bounce back? Dm me if you don’t want to discuss those companies.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com