Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Does anyone collect hot wheels?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone collect hot wheels?
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to be embarrassed about my collection but idgaf anymore. It’s a fun hobby. From 2010-2016 was when I collected the most. About 600 cars. After the Kmart in San Mateo closed is when I stopped. Believe it or not Kmart and Walmart is where all the good ones are at.

Back in December I started selling my collection on eBay offerup and mercari. I didn’t think I was gona get any hits but surprisingly I was selling immediately. I was shipping all over the country. Guys paying $5-$9 for 1 car that I bought for $.99 cents. I’m not trying brag or trying to become a millionaire off of this but I’m having fun with it. Was wondering if anyone here collected?

My popular items were imports. Skylines, Toyota 2000gts Honda Civic efs. I was surprised that imports were my most sold.

Popular Euros i sold Lamborghini sestos

And the least popular were American. My best seller American was a 69 Ford Torino Talladega and 92 Mustang

These are all brand new still in boxes that I sold. I have about 400 left if anyone is interested in buying or trading. I’m slowly getting back into buying again. It’s tough with no kmarts or Walmart’s in the peninsula. I have all the cars in the bay that everyone likes forsure

[ 2020-02-04, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: SSFGiant ]

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do.. been collecting for 5years or so. Buy usually off facebook mostly customs...tryed doing the custom stuff wheel swaps and paint just dont have time for that... I do make them into Christmas tree decorations bad thing is need a separate tree just for my hotwheels...

Only really buy from ebay for rare carded stuff my collection is mostly mustangs cobras and other fords..and anything else that is american muscle..

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
I do.. been collecting for 5years or so. Buy usually off facebook mostly customs...tryed doing the custom stuff wheel swaps and paint just dont have time for that... I do make them into Christmas tree decorations bad thing is need a separate tree just for my hotwheels...

Only really buy from ebay for rare carded stuff my collection is mostly mustangs cobras and other fords..and anything else that is american muscle..

Responded to your dm [patriot] Yea these guys in Taiwan and Malaysia make some crazy customs hot wheels . The wheel swaps are pretty simple but when the customizers start doing fender flares and building tiny engines, that’s really cool. I don’t know if I’ll ever have the patience to make a tiny engine.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not a collector but i was given a ssp chp fox still in the packaging. nifty little toy to hang in the garage.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I buy Hot Wheels at the store when something catches my eye, I wouldn't call myself a collector though.

I would like to learn more on how to sell items like this. I inherited a huge collection of rare NASCAR memorabilia, mainly Dale Sr, Jr and Jeff Gordon and I have no clue what the best way of selling it is.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Saleen9675
¯
Member # 9207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen9675  Ford pictures for Saleen9675    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hot wheels is touring and will be here this Saturday at 301 ranch, Milpitas. By the Walmart, 8am-12
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only have a couple hotweels. Years ago I collected the muscle machines cars and still have the entire collection. I recently started collecting M2 Machines these things are super sweet with great detail. They even have ones that come with 4 post car lifts. I check my local walmarts twice a week to see if new ones came in. You guys need to check them out
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
I buy Hot Wheels at the store when something catches my eye, I wouldn't call myself a collector though.

I would like to learn more on how to sell items like this. I inherited a huge collection of rare NASCAR memorabilia, mainly Dale Sr, Jr and Jeff Gordon and I have no clue what the best way of selling it is.

I post on the Offerup and Mercari app. That’s how I started. I reuse amazon boxes and the bubble wrap. Before I post I search the car on eBay to see what it goes for. And just base my prices off of that. I post on eBay too but it’s a bit more tedious. They ask a lot of questions before posting. I mainly ship out. Very rare I do meet ups. Offerup mercari and eBay all provide shipping labels. Hope this helps

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
I only have a couple hotweels. Years ago I collected the muscle machines cars and still have the entire collection. I recently started collecting M2 Machines these things are super sweet with great detail. They even have ones that come with 4 post car lifts. I check my local walmarts twice a week to see if new ones came in. You guys need to check them out

Walmart’s is where the good stuff is at. There isn’t any in the peninsula which sucks. M2 machines are bad ass but spending $6-$7 on car adds up haha.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out House of Cars in Ripon. They have everything that you want. They are on Facebook too.

On a side note, I’m planning on selling a bunch of my collection

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com