Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply
read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any OG’s still around? (Page 7)

 - Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Any OG’s still around?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dart 427 or coyote swap?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Dart 427 or coyote swap?

No one?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.
How much of a concern is MPG to you? Is it going to be a daily? At 5-600 hp, you're not going to have the greatest mileage either way.

I don't see why a new 427 wouldn't be reliable. With good parts, it will be indestructible.

[ 2021-05-23, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: theconductor ]

Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.
How much of a concern is MPG to you? Is it going to be a daily? At 5-600 hp, you're not going to have the greatest mileage either way.

I don't see why a new 427 wouldn't be reliable. With good parts, it will be indestructible.

I’m not too concerned but I plan on driving it pretty often as I can just don’t wanna have to fill up 3 times a weekend. Honestly I was planning on making quite a bit more than 5-600rwhp. I kinda wanna shoot for around 4 digits. I know it should be indestructible but from my experience super modified cars aren’t that reliable, especially when you drive them like I do. BUT now I run on a Holley system and I think that should help some. I’m in no rush right now but I’ve been really considering pulling the trigger.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.
How much of a concern is MPG to you? Is it going to be a daily? At 5-600 hp, you're not going to have the greatest mileage either way.

I don't see why a new 427 wouldn't be reliable. With good parts, it will be indestructible.

I’m not too concerned but I plan on driving it pretty often as I can just don’t wanna have to fill up 3 times a weekend. Honestly I was planning on making quite a bit more than 5-600rwhp. I kinda wanna shoot for around 4 digits. I know it should be indestructible but from my experience super modified cars aren’t that reliable, especially when you drive them like I do. BUT now I run on a Holley system and I think that should help some. I’m in no rush right now but I’ve been really considering pulling the trigger.
I guess I don't know enough about the coyote motor. Are they good for 4 digit horsepower? Even with a Dart, you'd need to step up to an Iron Eagle block.

Also, at 1000+ HP, you're going to be filling up all weekend!

Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.
How much of a concern is MPG to you? Is it going to be a daily? At 5-600 hp, you're not going to have the greatest mileage either way.

I don't see why a new 427 wouldn't be reliable. With good parts, it will be indestructible.

I’m not too concerned but I plan on driving it pretty often as I can just don’t wanna have to fill up 3 times a weekend. Honestly I was planning on making quite a bit more than 5-600rwhp. I kinda wanna shoot for around 4 digits. I know it should be indestructible but from my experience super modified cars aren’t that reliable, especially when you drive them like I do. BUT now I run on a Holley system and I think that should help some. I’m in no rush right now but I’ve been really considering pulling the trigger.
I guess I don't know enough about the coyote motor. Are they good for 4 digit horsepower? Even with a Dart, you'd need to step up to an Iron Eagle block.

Also, at 1000+ HP, you're going to be filling up all weekend!

Well I wasn’t just going to stuff any coyote in there. I was going to have it sleeved and built to handle everything you can throw at it. Dart I was going with a iron eagle. Like I said I’m in no rush right right now but it’s something I’m considering because I can still sell my setup I have now for ok money because it’s all low mile stuff. Just on the fence with things.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sticking with my initial opinion. All signs point to 427.
Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
I'm sticking with my initial opinion. All signs point to 427.

It would honestly be the cheapest and easiest route. I honestly never driven a coyote powered car but seeing this coupe straight sold me on the whole idea. https://youtu.be/Zz9HQR7KO_w

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
I'm sticking with my initial opinion. All signs point to 427.

It would honestly be the cheapest and easiest route. I honestly never driven a coyote powered car but seeing this coupe straight sold me on the whole idea. https://youtu.be/Zz9HQR7KO_w
That thing is savage. Now imagine an extra 100 cubic inches.
Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
I'm sticking with my initial opinion. All signs point to 427.

It would honestly be the cheapest and easiest route. I honestly never driven a coyote powered car but seeing this coupe straight sold me on the whole idea. https://youtu.be/Zz9HQR7KO_w
That thing is savage. Now imagine an extra 100 cubic inches.
Haha you’re right. A guy on a 4 eye page I’m on claims to be making 1000+ on a 331 which is even cheaper for me since I don’t have to buy the extra 351 stuff. My intake and heads should be good enough right now. I’m glad these are just ideas right now because I can’t make up my mind on what route. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven’t been here in years. Good to see the site is still up. I was the misfit here with the Dodge Viper

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yeah im gonna replace the top on my summer edition for ~$1,000.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Ghoust
¯
Member # 1289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghoust  Ford pictures for Ghoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Me here.

[ 2021-06-21, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: ViperDude ]

--------------------
03 Cobra 12.6 at 115mph

Posts: 76 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
This site has gone to shit

Albert!!!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whatup doe

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Posts: 3933 | From: Thebay | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Huh?
Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here

--------------------
To be or not to be

Posts: 2338 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fox body Friday every Friday
Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Fox body Friday every Friday

Someday it'll be fox body Friday for me again. So close to regular driving. . .
Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Fox body Friday every Friday

Someday it'll be fox body Friday for me again. So close to regular driving. . .
Get one?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are you guys spending on dart iron eagle shortblocks?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18431 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
What are you guys spending on dart iron eagle shortblocks?

Unless you're trying to go fo xxxx rwhp.
The SHP block is all you need.
The 700 hp rating has been confirmed to be very conservative.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8577 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Fox body Friday every Friday

Someday it'll be fox body Friday for me again. So close to regular driving. . .
Get one?
I have a fox. I've had one since 1996. The current on for about 8 years.
Posts: 344 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :


Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords



Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com