Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any OG’s still around? (Page 7)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Any OG’s still around?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dart 427 or coyote swap?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18424 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Dart 427 or coyote swap?

No one?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

Posts: 331 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’ve been leaning towards this myself. I was stuck on coyote swap for so long but I’ve been comparing the price differences and advantages/disadvantages. I love what coyotes do and can pull up to but I’m a person who never leaves shit alone. The space you have left to work on a swapped car is very little and that bothers me but they’re pretty damn reliable and make way more MPG’s. But on the other hand on a 427 I can do pretty much anything to that motor myself at any time with ease. If I do 427 I’ll be able to do my trans and rearend to support it for the same cost it would be for me to do a stock coyote swap.
How much of a concern is MPG to you? Is it going to be a daily? At 5-600 hp, you're not going to have the greatest mileage either way.

I don't see why a new 427 wouldn't be reliable. With good parts, it will be indestructible.

[ 2021-05-23, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: theconductor ]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

How much of a concern is MPG to you? Is it going to be a daily? At 5-600 hp, you're not going to have the greatest mileage either way.

I don't see why a new 427 wouldn't be reliable. With good parts, it will be indestructible.

I’m not too concerned but I plan on driving it pretty often as I can just don’t wanna have to fill up 3 times a weekend. Honestly I was planning on making quite a bit more than 5-600rwhp. I kinda wanna shoot for around 4 digits. I know it should be indestructible but from my experience super modified cars aren’t that reliable, especially when you drive them like I do. BUT now I run on a Holley system and I think that should help some. I’m in no rush right now but I’ve been really considering pulling the trigger.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I’m not too concerned but I plan on driving it pretty often as I can just don’t wanna have to fill up 3 times a weekend. Honestly I was planning on making quite a bit more than 5-600rwhp. I kinda wanna shoot for around 4 digits. I know it should be indestructible but from my experience super modified cars aren’t that reliable, especially when you drive them like I do. BUT now I run on a Holley system and I think that should help some. I’m in no rush right now but I’ve been really considering pulling the trigger.
I guess I don't know enough about the coyote motor. Are they good for 4 digit horsepower? Even with a Dart, you'd need to step up to an Iron Eagle block.

Also, at 1000+ HP, you're going to be filling up all weekend!

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry,

Dart 427 all the way!

I guess I don't know enough about the coyote motor. Are they good for 4 digit horsepower? Even with a Dart, you'd need to step up to an Iron Eagle block.

Also, at 1000+ HP, you're going to be filling up all weekend!

Well I wasn’t just going to stuff any coyote in there. I was going to have it sleeved and built to handle everything you can throw at it. Dart I was going with a iron eagle. Like I said I’m in no rush right right now but it’s something I’m considering because I can still sell my setup I have now for ok money because it’s all low mile stuff. Just on the fence with things.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

I'm sticking with my initial opinion. All signs point to 427.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:

It would honestly be the cheapest and easiest route. I honestly never driven a coyote powered car but seeing this coupe straight sold me on the whole idea. https://youtu.be/Zz9HQR7KO_w

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
quote:

It would honestly be the cheapest and easiest route. I honestly never driven a coyote powered car but seeing this coupe straight sold me on the whole idea. https://youtu.be/Zz9HQR7KO_w
That thing is savage. Now imagine an extra 100 cubic inches.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:

That thing is savage. Now imagine an extra 100 cubic inches.
Haha you’re right. A guy on a 4 eye page I’m on claims to be making 1000+ on a 331 which is even cheaper for me since I don’t have to buy the extra 351 stuff. My intake and heads should be good enough right now. I’m glad these are just ideas right now because I can’t make up my mind on what route. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven’t been here in years. Good to see the site is still up. I was the misfit here with the Dodge Viper

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Hell yeah im gonna replace the top on my summer edition for ~$1,000.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Ghoust
¯
Member # 1289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghoust  Ford pictures for Ghoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Me here.

[ 2021-06-21, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: ViperDude ]

--------------------
03 Cobra 12.6 at 115mph

Posts: 76 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
This site has gone to shit

Albert!!!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1063 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com