Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply
read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » You sold your Mustang for a positive outcome.... (Page 0)

 - Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: You sold your Mustang for a positive outcome....
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sell it, buy a house. There will always be a mustang to buy. In fact, after a year, you can buy one outright with equity.

I agree with this. Unless you have some sentimental value with your car, you can just get another one.
No sentimental value. I’ll still have my foxbody [Smile]

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 577 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
Sell it, buy a house. There will always be a mustang to buy. In fact, after a year, you can buy one outright with equity.

I agree with this. Unless you have some sentimental value with your car, you can just get another one.
No sentimental value. I’ll still have my foxbody [Smile]
Well I agree with everyone else sell it especially since you have a foxbody

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX work in progress

Posts: 234 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a classic there are plenty to go around..

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Posts: 1405 | From: 925 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do it! If it was the fox then I would’ve probably said nah fuck the house, live in the fox. Lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18297 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all good, you have the fox, so sell the coyote. i had an older white guy (look just like joe biden, no joke) say to me while i was parking my fox, that the foxes are going up
in value and gave me a thumbs up. im saying this guy looked like a stock broker type, in his 60s. i never expected that to come out of his mouth. caught me off guard.

Posts: 4857 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone has ever sold a car for their wedding I weep for your lame ass.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6874 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sold my 92GT to Lee 12 years ago for a down on my then 2010 Acura MDX SH-AWD. My son was born the next week...
Posts: 1455 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SilverCobra7
¯
Member # 11975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverCobra7  Ford pictures for SilverCobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sold my 03 10th Anniversary Cobra a few years ago to buy one of sons a car and for college. Now I'm in driving a '99 GT I had bought a couple years ago for my other son. He's now driving a more economical car for college.

--------------------
'03 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary SOLD
‘99 Mustang GT

Posts: 32 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: May 2012  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
all good, you have the fox, so sell the coyote. i had an older white guy (look just like joe biden, no joke) say to me while i was parking my fox, that the foxes are going up
in value and gave me a thumbs up. im saying this guy looked like a stock broker type, in his 60s. i never expected that to come out of his mouth. caught me off guard.

You talkin' about me?? LOL
I always wonder what people think about me having a foxbody being older than most owners. [Cool]
Well, frankly, I don't care, still LOVE it.

Posts: 805 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
all good, you have the fox, so sell the coyote. i had an older white guy (look just like joe biden, no joke) say to me while i was parking my fox, that the foxes are going up
in value and gave me a thumbs up. im saying this guy looked like a stock broker type, in his 60s. i never expected that to come out of his mouth. caught me off guard.

You talkin' about me?? LOL
I always wonder what people think about me having a foxbody being older than most owners. [Cool]
Well, frankly, I don't care, still LOVE it.

haha, dont worry, that will be me years from now...still envying the foxbody if i see one when i have silver hair [Big Grin]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL

Posts: 4857 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have put my mustang on the back burner for years. But I'll never sell it. Got my 20% and bought a home last year. Have a two year old. Saving up to buy my first big rig now.

[ 2019-08-31, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8532 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did...sold my 98 cobra FALEEN and 03 GT to add cash in the bank when we purchased a home. All worked out in the end and a house was worth the sacrifice for sure. Few years later, saved some pennies and upgraded to a 13 Boss 302. Although, I do still miss the FALEEN...

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.

Posts: 9860 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I did...sold my 98 cobra FALEEN and 03 GT to add cash in the bank when we purchased a home. All worked out in the end and a house was worth the sacrifice for sure. Few years later, saved some pennies and upgraded to a 13 Boss 302. Although, I do still miss the FALEEN...

Wait.....you mean to tell me you still own the boss?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18297 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I did...sold my 98 cobra FALEEN and 03 GT to add cash in the bank when we purchased a home. All worked out in the end and a house was worth the sacrifice for sure. Few years later, saved some pennies and upgraded to a 13 Boss 302. Although, I do still miss the FALEEN...

Wait.....you mean to tell me you still own the boss?
Yes, this one was purchased to keep. It’s going to be handed down to my son and I already promised him that.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.

Posts: 9860 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I did...sold my 98 cobra FALEEN and 03 GT to add cash in the bank when we purchased a home. All worked out in the end and a house was worth the sacrifice for sure. Few years later, saved some pennies and upgraded to a 13 Boss 302. Although, I do still miss the FALEEN...

Wait.....you mean to tell me you still own the boss?
Yes, this one was purchased to keep. It’s going to be handed down to my son and I already promised him that.
That break your record yet?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18297 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I did...sold my 98 cobra FALEEN and 03 GT to add cash in the bank when we purchased a home. All worked out in the end and a house was worth the sacrifice for sure. Few years later, saved some pennies and upgraded to a 13 Boss 302. Although, I do still miss the FALEEN...

Wait.....you mean to tell me you still own the boss?
Yes, this one was purchased to keep. It’s going to be handed down to my son and I already promised him that.
That break your record yet?
Yep, I think so lol. Now I’m a believer of just cover it up and forget about instead of selling it

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.

Posts: 9860 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably sell my foxes for a house or a fastback.
Posts: 1854 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you are lucky enough to go in on a refi with lets say your grandparents house, then all you would have to come up with is closing costs and not no 20 percent down. its worth a shot if you have really elder grandparents that like you alot lol

and if youre really lucky, your grandparents will be under prop 13 tax assessment exclusion which can be passed on to a grandchild, if i recall.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL

Posts: 4857 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a house in SJ and I’m thinking about selling my fox right now.
Posts: 1377 | From: San Jose | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....

[ 2019-09-08, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: NorCalRydaz ]

Posts: 2897 | From: San Jo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sold each and every one of the stangs ive owned not out of necessity but cuz it was time to move on...i get bored of shiet easily.
that alone was a positive outcome. LOL
nowadays selling your average stang aint gonna do shiet on a buying a house in the bay. let me see how the 20k from my stang can go towards funding the 250k i need to put 20% on a decent house in the bay. LOL

--------------------
MKII Q7

Posts: 4808 | From: dc | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope still have my mustang and cougar.. just sold the cutlass, camaro & falcon to buy more toys

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3908 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mandilones

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Posts: 6530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sold my 03 cobra years ago to fix my credit. Everything was in my wife’s name at the time. Long story short, fixed my credit and bought a house is SJ. If I wanted to, I could take equity out and buy 20 cobras now. It is all about timing though. You have to set yourself up for things like this to happen. I don’t regret selling the cobra. I now have two foxes.
Posts: 1377 | From: San Jose | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Cobra:
I sold my 03 cobra years ago to fix my credit. Everything was in my wife’s name at the time. Long story short, fixed my credit and bought a house is SJ. If I wanted to, I could take equity out and buy 20 cobras now. It is all about timing though. You have to set yourself up for things like this to happen. I don’t regret selling the cobra. I now have two foxes.

It’s a good feeling to have equity and know something you bought has appreciated.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Posts: 3241 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :


Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords



Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com