Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Foxbody Tuning

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Foxbody Tuning
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for someone to tune my 91 GT and can't seem to find anyone who tunes these cars anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nextgen Autosport in Hayward.

510-538-8088

Matt is the tuner, he may come off difficult but just ignore it.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What’s a tuner? Get a Pro-M EFI computer and never ask that question again.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’ve heard about megasquirt. I think that’s the route I’m gonna go with when I put my blower on. I was actually reading up and watching videos on how to tune.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

510-538-8088

+1 had my bullitt tuned here good people
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

510-538-8088

+1 had my bullitt tuned here good people
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I’ve heard about megasquirt. I think that’s the route I’m gonna go with when I put my blower on. I was actually reading up and watching videos on how to tune.

You should! I've had it on my car for about 3 years and it's a complete game changer to how good the car runs now vs before. It's easy to make changes myself, especially with the self learning mode.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run a quarterhorse on mine and I love it.

Easy to use and allows you to monitor everything.

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI Pro-M has an update to its ECU which includes:

New Features

1. Speed signal buffer aka little black box
2. Three different "User Levels" for the calibration tool
3. Cooling fan Cool Down
4. Cooling fan "Soft Start"
4. Automatic transmission control & Shifter position
5. Flex Fuel & Ethanol Spark Adder
6. Wideband Power control
7. Adaptive learning Idle Speed Control
8. Adaptive Learning Lambda Control
9. Fuel Pressure Compensation
10. Fuel Pressure Warning
11. Traction Control
12. Launch Assist
13. Adaptive Control for return fuel system pump
14. T56 Reverse lookout
15. Calibration Tool Tips
15. Free Automatic Calibration tool & Strategy updates

A. * Progressive Nitrous Controls
B. * Progressive Water/Methanol Controls
C. * Two-Step Rev limiter
D. * Programmable Outputs

*-Not new features but important nonetheless

I’ll be installing the new harness and plan on taking advantage of many of its features.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holley EFI > Megasquirt

--------------------
The anti-crew

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Holley EFI > Megasquirt

You’re probably right but do you see the price difference? Lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

I heard the mega squirt is cheaper but never looked into it. On my 87 TTOP i went with the Holley Dominator with digital dash. It was maybe $3500. With the ability of traction control and a good amount of inputs and outputs.

For my old school i went with the Edelbrock pro-flo 4. This one is pretty user friendly too and cost about $2K with intake manifold. ill post up some pics of the setups.

--------------------
The anti-crew

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I paid around $800 for my Megasquirt PnP. It seems to be a pretty good system, though at this point it's all still pretty much over my head. I liked that it goes in the factory ecm spot and can easily be replaced by the stock unit if I run into smog issues down the road.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I heard the mega squirt is cheaper but never looked into it. On my 87 TTOP i went with the Holley Dominator with digital dash. It was maybe $3500. With the ability of traction control and a good amount of inputs and outputs.

For my old school i went with the Edelbrock pro-flo 4. This one is pretty user friendly too and cost about $2K with intake manifold. ill post up some pics of the setups.

I have traction control and dozens of inputs and outputs that I can control with my megasquirt 3 system. I also have a 'digital dash' with a nexus 7 android tablet which can display or tune live.

I think all in for my megasquirt 3 with xs (sequential injection for 8 cyls) was about $850 built to be plug and play to the factory engine harness.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

I have traction control and dozens of inputs and outputs that I can control with my megasquirt 3 system. I also have a 'digital dash' with a nexus 7 android tablet which can display or tune live.

I think all in for my megasquirt 3 with xs (sequential injection for 8 cyls) was about $850 built to be plug and play to the factory engine harness.

Megasquirt is good yes, I feel Holley was better. I was not looking for a budget setup. I get why some would tho.

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

DP

[ 2019-07-29, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: sic70stang ]

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

I was running a 88 EFI motor in my 70, ended up going with Edelbrock. So glad to get rid of the big ass ugly intake manifold. Keep it looking classic.

-

-

--------------------
The anti-crew

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Pro-M EFI, never tuned anything on 4 different engine combos, car runs like a factory car, you get what you pay for, only aftermarket ECU that runs mass air sensor, 🤔

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com