Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Headlights

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Headlights
nayr
¯
Member # 8820

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nayr  Ford pictures for nayr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone have experience with pro tuning lab headlight assembly thinking about buying some

[ 2019-02-15, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: nayr ]

--------------------
89 LS coupe sold
95 gt

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like they just buy crappy ebay headlight kits and bundle them with crappy illegal hid pnp bulb and ballest kits and charge you extra money for the convenience?
Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do they still make OEM quality housings?

If so, do yourself a favor and buy a new set of housings along with a set of Morimoto D2S 5.0 bi-xenon projectors and have a retrofitter install them for you. You can do it yourself if you have the patience to crack open the housings and mount them, but I'm sure plenty of retrofitters can do the job for ya! Hit up HID Junkies on FB or visit HIDplanet.

Be considerate of people on the road and DON'T get shitty plug and play kits for halogen reflector housings. I swear I need to tint my windshield because of those people.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Do they still make OEM quality housings?

If so, do yourself a favor and buy a new set of housings along with a set of Morimoto D2S 5.0 bi-xenon projectors and have a retrofitter install them for you. You can do it yourself if you have the patience to crack open the housings and mount them, but I'm sure plenty of retrofitters can do the job for ya! Hit up HID Junkies on FB or visit HIDplanet.

Be considerate of people on the road and DON'T get shitty plug and play kits for halogen reflector housings. I swear I need to tint my windshield because of those people.

Yeah, you can get projectors from other places other than TRS (morimoto). I installed a set of them I got from ddmtuning I think in a set of spare OE headlight housings for my truck a couple years ago, and they're awesome. The retrofit was pretty easy other than getting the lenses off the housings in my oven. That was nerve wracking and took the longest time.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
nayr
¯
Member # 8820

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nayr  Ford pictures for nayr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don’t want projectors or the hid bulbs just want the one piece housing with the clear lens I will reuse my led bulbs I have now

--------------------
89 LS coupe sold
95 gt

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com