Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone up north? Like Clearlake/Kelseyville.. even Santa Rosa area? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone up north? Like Clearlake/Kelseyville.. even Santa Rosa area?
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Similar bullshit was happening to me...then i decided to just swap the entire hci motor with a completely stock motor. Problem still existed (excessive fuel being sprayed in number 8 cylinder)..i changed the ECM, it went away. That was a pain in the ass. Car was sitting for about a year with that problem til i solved it

I had a feeling it was the computer, or ccrm.. I swapped out another ccrm and it threw more codes.. put old back on.. went away lol. gotta love it.

Looks like I may be swapping computers here just to try

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
Eliminate the 6AL and see what happens.
Do you have a good ground strap from engine to chassis ?

I agree. Bypass the 6AL.

You can't swap GT and Cobra computers. They're tuned for different size injectors.

[ 2019-01-02, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
quote:

I agree. Bypass the 6AL.

You can't swap GT and Cobra computers. They're tuned for different size injectors.

Perhaps I didn't mention I have a quarterhorse and tune /wideband/datalogger etc.

So yeah.. I can luckily.

[ 2019-01-02, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Blown93Snake ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 351w:
How bad do you want the car to run? Who’s going to tune the car for you, how much is that going to cost you? I have a solution for you to fix the car yourself completely but you have to be up to the task and my suggestion will force you to troubleshoot and find the actual issue and resolve it, I’ve been down this road before, PM me for the info if you want to know more.

Post your technique in this thread so we can all learn.
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
quote:
How bad do you want the car to run? Who’s going to tune the car for you, how much is that going to cost you? I have a solution for you to fix the car yourself completely but you have to be up to the task and my suggestion will force you to troubleshoot and find the actual issue and resolve it, I’ve been down this road before, PM me for the info if you want to know more.

Post your technique in this thread so we can all learn.
Kinda what I was thinking lol
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:
quote:
quote:

I agree. Bypass the 6AL.

Perhaps I didn't mention I have a quarterhorse and chip/tune /wideband/datalogger etc.

So yeah.. I can luckily.

That makes the job easy for you. Are the long term fuel trims adding or taking fuel? Adjust your MAF curve slightly to compensate accordingly. Your trim at low loads and RPMs is probably maxed at one extreme or the other.
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:
quote:
quote:

I agree. Bypass the 6AL.

Perhaps I didn't mention I have a quarterhorse and chip/tune /wideband/datalogger etc.

So yeah.. I can luckily.

That makes the job easy for you. Are the long term fuel trims adding or taking fuel? Adjust your MAF curve slightly to compensate accordingly. Your trim at low loads and RPMs is probably maxed at one extreme or the other.
The guy tuning the car is Willie at Dirty Dirty Racing out in Virginia. I've worked with him on my last 95 cobra with the vortech and it was spot on after a couple rough pulls and tweaks.

This is a tougher but i've had it running, perfectly, lil rich, but idling rock solid like that video I posted.. it's gotta be something dumb at this point.

Gonna bypass 6al and try that next if none of this bs works next round.

Thanks for the help

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Read from your EEC and post a screen grab of your KAMRF table.

Do that EEC injector balance test I was talking about yesterday too.

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:

So are you going to like.. withhold ~24 year old knowledge of a car most of us all own?

Or tell us wtf?

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never got a PM from you
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
Never got a PM from you

You need a PM from me to tell people on a mustang site what they might be able to learn from you?

Lol. Clown.

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

That was harsh. 351w isn't a clown. He knows more about wrenching on cars than most people here. He is being inexplicably mysterious, but that doesn't make him a clown. 351w can probably help you trouble shoot. Calling him a clown will only ensure he doesn't.
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
That was harsh. 351w isn't a clown. He knows more about wrenching on cars than most people here. He is being inexplicably mysterious, but that doesn't make him a clown. 351w can probably help you trouble shoot. Calling him a clown will only ensure he doesn't.

Good. Anyone who refuses to share info on a forum that can help plenty of others is indeed, a fucking CLOWN.

There isn't a goddamn thing he can tell me that I haven't already read on the Corral or SN 100x.. which is why he is being like this.

Fucking pathetic.

[ 2019-01-07, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Blown93Snake ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Relax man. People are trying to help you out on their own free time and dime. I've found I get further in life by being humble and appreciative for the gifts I'm given.
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
Relax man. People are trying to help you out on their own free time and dime. I've found I get further in life by being humble and appreciative for the gifts I'm given.

He didn't try to help. He asked me to DM him like he is some important person who wanted to fuckin' charge me for the advice.

If he had something to fucking say, tell his bitch ass to speak up, and potentially help OTHER PEOPLE as well.. but naw.

That's cool you are appreciative of the gifts you have been given.. I haven't been given anything except a run around for about a week, now.. but hey.

This is where someone with good intentions to help another would do so, without being asked, without NEEDING to be sent a fucking DM, and obviously, as you pointed out earlier, is a problem many other members could likely find useful..

But nope. Typical douchebag CAford members.. that's why this place is fucking dead and the guys who started it and had fun all left and this is what's left of it. Shame.

Also.. relax? Lol. Plenty relaxed.. this is how i've always been. I don't find it exciting people hoarde info on a public forum for ~25 year old cars lots of us have and could use the info about.. Nothing changed since about 20 years ago when I signed up here.. except people back then tried to help just because..

[ 2019-01-07, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Blown93Snake ]

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was the first to reply to your thread to see why you needed help, I also followed along and after reading about your issue with the car I thought I could offer some advice since I had a similar issue, whether or not I wanted to share with everyone is my personal decision so I asked that your shoot me a PM so we could talk about it, that never happened, I actually checked my email a few times to see if I got a PM from you but never did, I don’t check in on the site daily, but hey whatever, good luck with your car, hope you get it figured out.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com