Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smog report (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smog report
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Set your timing to 7 degrees and go for a long drive before you smog. Post your new numbers wen you're done.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:
That's part of it, but looking at those numbers, there is no way that thing will ever pass lol.

Mine weren't anywhere near that, and even after timing, new air filter, fuel filter, plugs, charcoal canister, and a few other bs items, it STILL Failed.

The state of Ca doesn't want us to have these, anymore.. that's why the limit keeps going down.. it's 100 ppm now... 100!!!!

-

Right in californias ass! Lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good numbers. They show your car is running a little lean. HC is lower than a Prius meaning the burn is hot and burning everything up. NOx is high meaning you're lean. List all the changes you made to pass.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Good numbers. They show your car is running a little lean. HC is lower than a Prius meaning the burn is hot and burning everything up. NOx is high meaning you're lean. List all the changes you made to pass.

Do you think bumping timing to 10 or 12 would solve that?

Well, the changes i made from the first failed attempt was that i changed the oil/filter, i replaced the fuel filler neck vapor seal (which cleared up the fuel evap leak) and then i adjusted the timing to 8 degrees btdc, and probably the main one was i swapped to a magnaflow mid pipe. I had purchased a stock H-pipe on CL and the seller said it “just passed smog” so i ran with that. Bad decision. What i should have done was attempt to look at the cats insides...but i didnt. Turns out the driver side forward cat was gutted. Smh. Glad that smog drama is behind me.

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A visual inspection can solve a lot of problems before diagnosing a car.
Well now you can take it off or just leave it on just in case if the popo pulls you over and wants to ref it.

I’ll leave it on in my opinion.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by i:
A visual inspection can solve a lot of problems before diagnosing a car.
Well now you can take it off or just leave it on just in case if the popo pulls you over and wants to ref it.

I’ll leave it on in my opinion.

Yup gonna leave it on...and im going to add “smog legal” to my sig as well [patriot]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Increasing timing increase both HC and NOx. Now that you passed smog, put your timing at 12 or 13 for more power and higher MPG. Aftermarket catalytic converters don't last long. If you drive a lot, run your off road mid pipe all year except for smog time.

Out the seller that scammed you on the H pipe. If you let him go, he won't learn his lesson and continue to scam your fellow Mustang drivers. I buy parts from people on forums because people have reputations to protect. A lot of crooks on Craigslist and Facebook these days. Can't trust them.

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Increasing timing increase both HC and NOx. Now that you passed smog, put your timing at 12 or 13 for more power and higher MPG. Aftermarket catalytic converters don't last long. If you drive a lot, run your off road mid pipe all year except for smog time.

Out the seller that scammed you on the H pipe. If you let him go, he won't learn his lesson and continue to scam your fellow Mustang drivers. I buy parts from people on forums because people have reputations to protect. A lot of crooks on Craigslist and Facebook these days. Can't trust them.

soon as I get my hands on a timing gun, going 12 btdc.

unfortunately, I cant find the info on the seller, a CL seller got away this time…I'm not holding a grudge, moving on and moving forward.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com