Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Why are they calling it the campfire? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why are they calling it the campfire?
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
Originally posted by 351w:
I would like everyone who specifically thinks it’s PG&E’s fault to tell me what they think PG&E should do to prevent wildfires from happening, because if they are to blame then they are the ones who can stop it from ever happening again. If they shut power off everywhere is it their fault if people in hospitals die because the hospitals generator isn’t working properly or what about the accident that happens at an intersection once the lights go out, whose fault would that be? What about the people on dialysis, how would they get their treatment with no power,? How would people charge their electric cars? Maybe they should just shut down the entire state for a week and see what happens.

God forbid we couldn’t charge our precious phones, how would the gas pumps work without power, think about it, really think about it and then point fingers at whose fault it really is, its all of our faults for demanding and relying on electricity, it’s a dangerous commodity, that’s why it’s on top of poles and towers, shit happens, PG&E and all other utilities are faced with shit happening.

What if this all started from a car hitting a pole or a tree falling into a line, would it be the cars fault for hitting the pole or the power companies fault for putting the pole in a place where a car could hit it. Would you blame the property owner where the tree is for allowing a tree to grow within X amount of feet from a power line or the power company for not cutting down every tree within 100 yards of a power line, does anyone know what type of right of way PG&E has and what they are allowed to cut?

If there was a “failure” of some sort on this so called tower near the origin of the fire can someone please tell me how PG&E could’ve known that it was going to fail? Let’s not talk about the email to the lady because that’s not the issue, that tower and circuit wasn’t the same one that experienced a problem that morning. PG&E does this everyday when they replace poles and perform maintenance on their system. If there was an obvious issue it would be addressed, if something failed for who knows what reason, it failed and unfortunately that is the nature of electricity, it fails sometimes that’s why there are power outages. If you are so against PG&E, go off grid and get solar, stop relying on them for anything, boycott businesses that use PG&E, start something and stop pointing fingers.

I get what you're saying and it may have been unfair of me accuse PG&E at this point. However, even if it was a remote tower that had a failure and nearly impossible to catch ahead of time, PG&E is, and should be, held responsible. That is why we pay them.

I don't care if it was a 200 year old power pole, 150 miles from the nearest road. If it's owned or managed by PG&E, then it's their responsibility to ensure its condition.

If it was a car accident that started a fire by knocking down a power pole, then of course PG&E wouldn't be held responsible. The driver and their insurance company would be in some serious shit.

If PG&E goes bankrupt because of issues like this, it will be their own undoing and will certainly be unfortunate. Especially since the state and taxpayers will likely end up footing the bill for future service.

I work for a company that owns 32,000 miles of track in 23 states. If (actually when) a failure occurs, and the public is harmed, the Union Pacific pays for it. Pretty simple.

pg&e aint going bankrupt. they just passed a new law that allows them to pass on wildfire costs to there customers. the puc is not going to allow them to go bankrupt. there prez already stated that a few days ago. I wonder why this smoking gun email has not been shown yet. why is the place where this power line supposedly went down a crime scene? they wont allow pg&e inspectors or anyone near it while they investigate. there is more to this story than we are being told. truth will come out eventually. I would not be suprised if pg&e is not at fault

[ 2018-11-17, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
Well I would say take advantage of this situation, invest! PG&E stock has essentially dropped 50% Buy it now

Thats what I did. Bought a couple hundred shares. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fires get names by their geographic locations here in CA. In Arizona the first person on scene of the fire and is the IC gets to name the fire

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
Fires get names by their geographic locations here in CA. In Arizona the first person on scene of the fire and is the IC gets to name the fire

They get to name it? Oh that would be fun LOL.
BTW I got a family member from Fresno FD helping with search and rescue. Where did they send you?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 351w:
Sad situation, regardless of who the blame gets placed on everyone plays a part in this happening, if PG&E sparked the fire, who supplied the fuel, the counties, state, federal government and land owners. I read an article on the Carr Fire and someone is suing the City of Redding for not adequately clearing brush, I’m no law expert but it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out, there’s a few good articles here to read if you have a few minutes...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/11/16/californias-deadliest-fires-could-have-been-mitigated-by-prevention/#34f9910b341b

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-11-15-grand-jury-report-fire-risk-paradise/

Thanks for the reads, I'll dig in to them tomorrow.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com