Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply
read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mustang alternative truths

 - Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mustang alternative truths
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get a thread going about Mustang alternative truths?

  • 4.30:1 gears are too much for 96-01 NA Cobras.
  • Explorer intakes are GT40 intakes.
  • 160 degree thermostats will keep the computer in open loop.

What's your Mustang fake news?

Posts: 949 | From: City | Registered: Oct 2012  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don’t talk unless you have personally owned a N/A 4v with 430 gears,your giving them a bad rep.I’ve had 430 gears in my DAILY driven 96 cobra and now my 03 Mach 1 (owned the cobra from 2012-2015) for the past 6 years,just recently switched from 430s to 456s in my Mach 1 and drive it 35 miles everyday for the past 3 years and don’t hesitate to take it on far trips to the bay area or wherever I need too.Both cars made over 20mpg and my Mach is a new set of slicks away from running 11s on a stock longblock no power adder,not to mention the fun factor when you let it eat.Best gears HANDS DOWN for a n/a 4v,if you don’t like the rpms they provide at 70mph you shouldn’t be in a modded Cobra or Mach 1 and keep the sorry 327s or 355s Ford provides factory.373 gears and 410s leave way to much on the table.Anyone who has had such gear I don’t think will hesitate to agree with me.

--------------------
03' DSG Mach 1
12' Black 5.0/MT82

Posts: 6894 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://youtu.be/b4UpPUfBfXU

My N/A bolt on Mach 430 gears.Nuff’ said

[ 2018-10-09, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
03' DSG Mach 1
12' Black 5.0/MT82

Posts: 6894 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Please don’t talk unless you have personally owned a N/A 4v with 430 gears,your giving them a bad rep.I’ve had 430 gears in my DAILY driven 96 cobra and now my 03 Mach 1 (owned the cobra from 2012-2015) for the past 6 years,just recently switched from 430s to 456s in my Mach 1 and drive it 35 miles everyday for the past 3 years and don’t hesitate to take it on far trips to the bay area or wherever I need too.Both cars made over 20mpg and my Mach is a new set of slicks away from running 11s on a stock longblock no power adder,not to mention the fun factor when you let it eat.Best gears HANDS DOWN for a n/a 4v,if you don’t like the rpms they provide at 70mph you shouldn’t be in a modded Cobra or Mach 1 and keep the sorry 327s or 355s Ford provides factory.373 gears and 410s leave way to much on the table.Anyone who has had such gear I don’t think will hesitate to agree with me.

I think he is saying that people who say 4.30 gears are too much gear for a na 4v are wrong. Like you mentioned the na 4 loves gears. Unless I am reading it wrong.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Posts: 3155 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Please don’t talk unless you have personally owned a N/A 4v with 430 gears,your giving them a bad rep.I’ve had 430 gears in my DAILY driven 96 cobra and now my 03 Mach 1 (owned the cobra from 2012-2015) for the past 6 years,just recently switched from 430s to 456s in my Mach 1 and drive it 35 miles everyday for the past 3 years and don’t hesitate to take it on far trips to the bay area or wherever I need too.Both cars made over 20mpg and my Mach is a new set of slicks away from running 11s on a stock longblock no power adder,not to mention the fun factor when you let it eat.Best gears HANDS DOWN for a n/a 4v,if you don’t like the rpms they provide at 70mph you shouldn’t be in a modded Cobra or Mach 1 and keep the sorry 327s or 355s Ford provides factory.373 gears and 410s leave way to much on the table.Anyone who has had such gear I don’t think will hesitate to agree with me.

I think he is saying that people who say 4.30 gears are too much gear for a na 4v are wrong. Like you mentioned the na 4 loves gears. Unless I am reading it wrong.
Lol it could be read both ways, I just assume he was saying 430 gears are overkill most people can’t fathom having a gear like that lol

--------------------
03' DSG Mach 1
12' Black 5.0/MT82

Posts: 6894 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adower -------- you read it right. Adding to the list

  • All notch backs in Craigslist are ex CHP
  • All notch backs in Craigslist are worth three times blue book. Because it's an ex CHP

Posts: 949 | From: City | Registered: Oct 2012  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All mustang owners can't drive. Because youtube proves it.

You have to be a convicted fellon to drive/own am ex chp mustang.

The only way to make a Mustang fast, is to put an LS motor in it.

Automatics are always slower than a stick.

Verts can never be fast.

A speedo that says 220mph means the car can do that. So a mustang with a 85mph speedo is def slower.

Taking cats off of your car ALWAYS makes it cooler.

You can't pass smog with an aftermarket cam.

All mustangs should have two chamber flows or very loud exhaust. Otherwise you'll be weaksauce.

Women love loud music comming from mustangs or fast cars with no AC.

The Mustang Rapist was the worst thread of all time on CaFords.

Turbo 50 is the best engine builder to ever be a member of this website.

Iron 50 is the best welder on Cafords ( JB being a close 2nd ) and Duncan def didn't R Kelly him.

Oh lastly N8 def paid Lee for his tow and Dave beat up N8 cause I posted the video years ago.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8521 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot

A distributor should always be called a dizzy on the internet.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8521 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLOWBACK 67 ------ we agree on 85% of everything! I know the Turbo 50 story. What are the Iron 50 and N8 stories?
Posts: 949 | From: City | Registered: Oct 2012  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
All mustang owners can't drive. Because youtube proves it.

You have to be a convicted fellon to drive/own am ex chp mustang.

The only way to make a Mustang fast, is to put an LS motor in it.

Automatics are always slower than a stick.

Verts can never be fast.

A speedo that says 220mph means the car can do that. So a mustang with a 85mph speedo is def slower.

Taking cats off of your car ALWAYS makes it cooler.

You can't pass smog with an aftermarket cam.

All mustangs should have two chamber flows or very loud exhaust. Otherwise you'll be weaksauce.

Women love loud music comming from mustangs or fast cars with no AC.

The Mustang Rapist was the worst thread of all time on CaFords.

Turbo 50 is the best engine builder to ever be a member of this website.

Iron 50 is the best welder on Cafords ( JB being a close 2nd ) and Duncan def didn't R Kelly him.

Oh lastly N8 def paid Lee for his tow and Dave beat up N8 cause I posted the video years ago.

he went old school.. when the site was still fun lol..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3874 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
SLOWBACK 67 ------ we agree on 85% of everything! I know the Turbo 50 story. What are the Iron 50 and N8 stories?

Iron 50 was a welder. He did a shitty rollcage for a member and it caused quite the on going joke about needing welding. Speaking of welding. Someone really didn't know what JB weld was. Someone really thought it was a real dude named JB.

N8 was a black dude from stockton who owned a 95 cobra aka Ashy Larry. He had another member Dave work on the car. N8 and Dave had a big blow up and another member Lee, towed the car for N8. Who didn't pay Lee for the tow. This site has had some EPIC threads over the years.

The most internet famous one has been the troll know as the mustang rapist. If you can find that thread, please pull it back up to the front page.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8521 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=050233 Is this the JB Weld post?

Are there fight and R. Kelly videos out there? Post them.

Posts: 949 | From: City | Registered: Oct 2012  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
SLOWBACK 67 ------ we agree on 85% of everything! I know the Turbo 50 story. What are the Iron 50 and N8 stories?

Iron 50 was a welder. He did a shitty rollcage for a member and it caused quite the on going joke about needing welding. Speaking of welding. Someone really didn't know what JB weld was. Someone really thought it was a real dude named JB.

N8 was a black dude from stockton who owned a 95 cobra aka Ashy Larry. He had another member Dave work on the car. N8 and Dave had a big blow up and another member Lee, towed the car for N8. Who didn't pay Lee for the tow. This site has had some EPIC threads over the years.

The most internet famous one has been the troll know as the mustang rapist. If you can find that thread, please pull it back up to the front page.

what about cobraracer lol..

https://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011565

[ 2018-10-24, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3874 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
SLOWBACK 67 ------ we agree on 85% of everything! I know the Turbo 50 story. What are the Iron 50 and N8 stories?

Iron 50 was a welder. He did a shitty rollcage for a member and it caused quite the on going joke about needing welding. Speaking of welding. Someone really didn't know what JB weld was. Someone really thought it was a real dude named JB.

N8 was a black dude from stockton who owned a 95 cobra aka Ashy Larry. He had another member Dave work on the car. N8 and Dave had a big blow up and another member Lee, towed the car for N8. Who didn't pay Lee for the tow. This site has had some EPIC threads over the years.

The most internet famous one has been the troll know as the mustang rapist. If you can find that thread, please pull it back up to the front page.

what about cobraracer lol..

https://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011565

Haha I remember someone bringing that thread back years ago. That's where I got the term pedal pussies from.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

F*ck trump

Posts: 18237 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=050233 Is this the JB Weld post?

Are there fight and R. Kelly videos out there? Post them.

No that was after the original JB weld post.

There was a funny video with Iron 50 getting pissed on but I don't know if the video is still around.

Oh and I forgot all about cobraracer46 and bike to work day. [dance]

[ 2018-10-24, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8521 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=049984 I think this is the JB Weld thread.
What is the cobraracer story? Some people accused me of being some cobra racer when I started posting. Don't know the gentleman.

Posts: 949 | From: City | Registered: Oct 2012  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MUSTANG RAPIST.


https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=013451 [burnout] [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 2883 | From: San Jo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :


 
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords



Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com