Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Thread: about absolutely anything (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Thread: about absolutely anything
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was your first car/truck?

Mine, a 87 c10 fleetside. 19 years later still have it
[Smile]

[ 2018-07-18, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: El Caballo ]

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1966 Mustang coupe. Had it since 02

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll just go off the first car I actually purchased with my own cash at 18. It was a 1989 Honda Civic LX for $500 with like 275k miles. Sold it with 288k for $750 about 9 months later. Day after I sold it I bought my '86 hatch that I still have.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
85 mercury marquis brougham - my first car and my first "foxbody" haha
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:

Can you post a picture of it? These first gen mustangs are timeless.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really like Joe Walsh. " Life's been good to me so far." Is a great song. He also added a lot to the Eagles.

Dire Straits finally got into the Rock N Roll hall of fame. It took WAY too long. It's retarded that U2 was inducted before them.

Mark Knopler is one of the most underrated guitar players and doesn't get enough respect for his iconic guitar riffs. Same goes for Brian May from Queen.

Brian May built his guitar with his father as a teenager. There's a coffee table book about the building of it.

Stevie Ray Vaugn was better than Eric Clapton.

The drummer ( Drawing a blank on his name ) who recorded the drums for Michael Jackson's " Billie Jean " nailed the drums on the first take in the studio. MJ made his best music with Quincy Jones.

Rashida Jones ( The cute light skinned yellow cake actress ) is one of Quincy Jones daughters. Rashida's sister was dating 2pac and Rashida Jones didn't like him treating her sister like shit.

People are donating money to Kyle Jenner in an attempt to make her the youngest billionaire in the world. Klye is reported to be worth 900 million... That's about 400 million more than Jessica Alba's est net worth.

Mrs. Alba created and owns a large portion of the Honest Brand baby supplies. Jessica Alba had a hard time finding investors because nobody thought she could pull off creating her own brand of eco friendly, kid safe products for home use.

I had huge crush on a model named Josie Moran when I was younger. After I found a stray puppy, I named her Josie... She died early this year. She would have been 15 years old October of this year.

Hope that was random enough.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I really like Joe Walsh. " Life's been good to me so far." Is a great song. He also added a lot to the Eagles.

Dire Straits finally got into the Rock N Roll hall of fame. It took WAY too long. It's retarded that U2 was inducted before them.

Mark Knopler is one of the most underrated guitar players and doesn't get enough respect for his iconic guitar riffs. Same goes for Brian May from Queen.

Brian May built his guitar with his father as a teenager. There's a coffee table book about the building of it.

The drummer ( Drawing a blank on his name ) who recorded the drums for Michael Jackson's " Billie Jean " nailed the drums on the first take in the studio. MJ made his best music with Quincy Jones.

Rashida Jones ( The cute light skinned yellow cake actress ) is one of Quincy Jones daughters. Rashida's sister was dating 2pac and Rashida Jones didn't like him treating her sister like shit.

People are donating money to Kyle Jenner in an attempt to make her the youngest billionaire in the world. Klye is reported to be worth 900 million... That's about 400 million more than Jessica Alba's est net worth.

Mrs. Alba created and owns a large portion of the Honest Brand baby supplies. Jessica Alba had a hard time finding investors because nobody thought she could pull off creating her own brand of eco friendly, kid safe products for home use.

I had huge crush on a model named Josie Moran when I was younger. After I found a stray puppy, I named her Josie... She died early this year. She would have been 15 years old October of this year.

Still remember the note on my car?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ Yup LOL. You were parked up in Sac. Not gonna say where I saw it though. How's thenstang running btw?

--------------------

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Damn, Well that was haggard
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I'll just go off the first car I actually purchased with my own cash at 18. It was a 1989 Honda Civic LX for $500 with like 275k miles. Sold it with 288k for $750 about 9 months later. Day after I sold it I bought my '86 hatch that I still have.

Same here bought it with my own cash took Me a long time to save as I was making $5.50hr back in 98 LoL. Good thing I lived with my grandma and my only bill was my Motorola pager

--------------------
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

What year was this when you bought?

--------------------
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:

You started on the right track then. One of My Buddys first car was a 68 California special when he was 17 not long after he sold it to give a down payment for a Supra that he later crashed all because fast and furious when it first came out lol what an idiot. I bring it up sometimes just to bother him

[ 2018-07-20, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: El Caballo ]

--------------------
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by El Caballo:
quote:

i got it in 94/95
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
^ Yup LOL. You were parked up in Sac. Not gonna say where I saw it though. How's thenstang running btw?

Its good. Still needs a tune lol. I broke an axle a few months ago so decided to beef up the rear end. It's at Jaws right now getting a Moser M9 9 inch fabbed housing, sealed/tapered bearings,TruTrac POSI and 3.70 gears. It should really wake it up.

How's the slowback?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
quote:
quote:

i got it in 94/95
Yea mine was a 10yr old truck at the time too when I bought it.

I don’t know about all but I know some teenagers that don’t even want a 5 year old car nowadays much less a classic they want a new car. I remember my son asking me one time when he was 8 we was riding on my truck and he ask me that Why would I drive a car with no airbags? it’s dangerous!
lol

--------------------
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
quote:

Its good. Still needs a tune lol. I broke an axle a few months ago so decided to beef up the rear end. It's at Jaws right now getting a Moser M9 9 inch fabbed housing, sealed/tapered bearings,TruTrac POSI and 3.70 gears. It should really wake it up.

How's the slowback?

In storage. My wife and I moved in with her parents to save money for a home. Ended up getting my wife pregnant and we have a 14 month old girl... Bit I still have over 100k saved to put down on a home. Sucks prices are so damn high though [Frown]

--------------------

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
quote:
quote:

How's the slowback?

In storage. My wife and I moved in with her parents to save money for a home. Ended up getting my wife pregnant and we have a 14 month old girl... Bit I still have over 100k saved to put down on a home. Sucks prices are so damn high though [Frown]
I’m not a realtor or nothing like that but hopefully you are looking into when to buy a house. Market will drop a pretty decent percentage don’t know exactly how much but it will in the next year or so
(it’s around that time) and it be perfect to invest in property for your first time. I bought mine in 09 when the market crash, not that I knew it was going to crash but I guess a lot of people had a gut feeling that economy was gana go down hill so some sold and some waited to buy because after 9/11 U.S Borrow so much money from the banks that couldn’t pay back after so somebody had to pay the banks back. Don’t rush because you have 100k. Do Research talk to anyone you know that owns properties I’m not saying someone that owns Few properties I’m taking bout investors that’s how I just decided to wait because I was going to buy Before, It was a gamble I guess maybe those people were wrong but I’m glad I waited. Don’t ask your realtor he just wants to sell.

Sorry to jump in on your guys conversation, It’s just my two cents.

[ 2018-07-20, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: El Caballo ]

--------------------
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Yeah it sucks. If I buy now, I will be buying high. Problem is ny wife and I want to have another child. We have no room in our current location for another child. Hopefully I can find a home in our price range AND luck out on the market going down a little. Found one that was over 600k... Its dropped down about 40k in 2 months. Hopefully its a sign that the FOMO buying is slowing down some.

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
quote:
quote:

How's the slowback?

Congrats brotha! Sucks to put it on the back burner but a house is a necessity. I bought mine 3 years ago and so did my wife. Gonna sell hers and have some play money [burnout]

Or... you can sell me the FB [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What about Don Henley?
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
Yeah it sucks. If I buy now, I will be buying high. Problem is ny wife and I want to have another child. We have no room in our current location for another child. Hopefully I can find a home in our price range AND luck out on the market going down a little. Found one that was over 600k... Its dropped down about 40k in 2 months. Hopefully its a sign that the FOMO buying is slowing down some.

I feel you, I was with my in laws for a minute too, the thing was that I even ended up selling my cobra just to gather more funds and I didn’t ended up buying till couple years later.
Not as the crash from back then But They will drop, it’s a cycle That’s how the system works.
wall street needs adjustments every decade or so to make corrections.

[ 2018-07-20, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: El Caballo ]

--------------------
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Old picture of my 66 with my cobra:

-

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
quote:

You started on the right track then. One of My Buddys first car was a 68 California special when he was 17 not long after he sold it to give a down payment for a Supra that he later crashed all because fast and furious when it first came out lol what an idiot. I bring it up sometimes just to bother him
I originally found a 70 split bumper Camaro in Autotrader but I could never get a hold of the guy to buy it. So I bought this off of my neighbor. Taught me a lot about working on old cars and driving them, this car has no power steering or brakes.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1984 CJ7 Jeep, 20-21 years later I still have it. Need to do some work to it. New clutch get the transmission rebuilt and I need to put a bigger radiator in it

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
quote:
quote:

I originally found a 70 split bumper Camaro in Autotrader but I could never get a hold of the guy to buy it. So I bought this off of my neighbor. Taught me a lot about working on old cars and driving them, this car has no power steering or brakes.
I’m not a big fan of camaros but Yup 70-73 I think are the best looking z22 and z27’s ever made none the less that split.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com