Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CA. Contractors License

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CA. Contractors License
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’ll be getting the business and law test soon, so I was wondering is someone here has a contractor license and how it worked out for you from start to finish is the exam really that hard? I know you get 2years to keep trying redoing test but I would like some overall advice. Some people make it seam difficult

Thanks,

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't think it was a big deal. Passed first try. That was in 1995.
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the License for? The test for tile contractor is alot easier than the test for a General Contractor.
I took one of those classes that help you pass the test. Class was Saturday and Sunday then I took the test Monday morning and passed on the first try.

Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ I’m going as a concrete sub not a GC. Tile has never been my thing I have more experienced on the concrete trade. And I’m also taking the classes with CSLS to make it easier or so they say.

4idfox, thanks for your input hopefully it’s still like 1995 and nothing has changed. I’m confident it’s just some people make it seam hard to get.

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm pretty sure the law portion is the same for all A,B and c licenses just the trade portion is different.
You'll be fine. It seems you have at least half a brain.
Most concrete guys have half of one.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com