Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone go to Stang Up The Bay?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone go to Stang Up The Bay?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering if anyone here went since there were so many Mustangs out there. It's been years since I've went to something like this that wasn't lowriders. Anyways, I took my '92 summer edition and I seen quite a few people were digging it. [Cool] If you were there and took pictures, post them!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was spectating but dip early to SF to go to get some food and went back to Sac. I don’t know how to post pics but they was Swangin it.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
I was spectating but dip early to SF to go to get some food and went back to Sac. I don’t know how to post pics but they was Swangin it.

I was mostly asking to see if anyone got pictures of my car but I been going thru ig hashtags and haven't found one. I guess nice clean simple cars aren't appreciated as in cars with mismatched bumpers. I'm not into swinging, especially the car I took(I don't abuse it for shit) so I'm glad I left.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by i:

I was mostly asking to see if anyone got pictures of my car but I been going thru ig hashtags and haven't found one. I guess nice clean simple cars aren't appreciated as in cars with mismatched bumpers. I'm not into swinging, especially the car I took(I don't abuse it for shit) so I'm glad I left.
how old are you? I saw some of the vids of the cars swinging, First thing that came to my mind was that im too old for that stuff LOL! your right, 90% of the cars their were buckets.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by i:

how old are you? I saw some of the vids of the cars swinging, First thing that came to my mind was that im too old for that stuff LOL! your right, 90% of the cars their were buckets.
I'm 26. I'm just not into going in circles wasting my tires and hurting my car to entertain a bunch of people with no car. Plus a lot of their cars are so beat up they ain't afraid to get 2" from your shit. For now I'll just cruise my shit and take my thumbs up everywhere. [Cool]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm 26. I'm just not into going in circles wasting my tires and hurting my car to entertain a bunch of people with no car. Plus a lot of their cars are so beat up they ain't afraid to get 2" from your shit. For now I'll just cruise my shit and take my thumbs up everywhere. [Cool]

Completely agree!! Always liked your 4-eye Neight. [worship]
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
quote:

Completely agree!! Always liked your 4-eye Neight. [worship]
Actually that's not the car I took, I took my convertible, but thanks Mark! Your hatch is clean too BTW. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Over one hundred mustangs participated. Mostly owned by people just out of high school. Why are they more interested in spinning in circles instead of racing? The attention and "likes" from the audience?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Over one hundred mustangs participated. Mostly owned by people just out of high school. Why are they more interested in spinning in circles instead of racing? The attention and "likes" from the audience?

Eh I'd say it was probably at like 200+ cars at the Oakland meet. My guess would be they like attention they get from swinging donuts. Don't get me wrong donuts can be fun to swing but not that fun. Most these guys don't care about how trashy their cars look as long as it's loud and makes a smoke show at the sideshow. I get more out of racing, gives you an adrenaline rush and could make some money.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Probably because 99% of their cars aren’t fast. They would rather swing donuts and call it a day.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

Probably because 99% of their cars aren’t fast. They would rather swing donuts and call it a day.
+1.
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buckets are for swanging nice foxbody's deserve to be driven and cared for. [patriot] too many clapped out mustangs in the bay

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Havent been to a stang up the bay in 3 years to many youngins with buckets smacking into each other i know forsure if someone hits my shit im going to catch a case and not worth it good guys is were it was at
Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by i:

Someone is growing up.
[patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tracks closing down. Performance shops struggling. Aftermarket parts industry shrinking. All car forums having less activity . Still, over 200 just out of high school mustang drivers have no problem finding each other on facebook to spin in circles. There has to be a reason for this.

[ 2018-04-05, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com