Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply
read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone work at the DMV?

 - Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone work at the DMV?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone work at the DMV?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably not. Could explain why the lines are so long and never seem to move.
Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol I just have a question

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
Anyone work at the DMV?

Not at the dmv.... But what's the question?

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1375 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Question is about registering a surplus military hmmwv for street use, is it possible

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, you will need a
GSA SF97-1 Document filled out, this will help change your bill of sale into a vehicle title.

Then you deal with emission laws, when produced they were smog exempt. However now, you must smog it. Being that it's got an old outdated engine, you will have some trouble but it's not impossible.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT


Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Egocentric:
Yes, you will need a
GSA SF97-1 Document filled out, this will help change your bill of sale into a vehicle title.

Then you deal with emission laws, when produced they were smog exempt. However now, you must smog it. Being that it's got an old outdated engine, you will have some trouble but it's not impossible.

It’s old enough to not be smogged for a diesel, 97+ has to smog. Mine is a 94, unless they changed the law to all diesels now?

[ 2017-11-16, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by Egocentric:
Yes, you will need a
GSA SF97-1 Document filled out, this will help change your bill of sale into a vehicle title.

Then you deal with emission laws, when produced they were smog exempt. However now, you must smog it. Being that it's got an old outdated engine, you will have some trouble but it's not impossible.

It’s old enough to not be smogged for a diesel, 97+ has to smog. Mine is a 94, unless they changed the law to all diesels now?
Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or gasoline powered vehicles 1975 and older.

In short, if it's over 14k you'll have to smog it.

I'd get the GSA SF997-1 Done and go register as asn automobile.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT


Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Egocentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by Egocentric:
Yes, you will need a
GSA SF97-1 Document filled out, this will help change your bill of sale into a vehicle title.

Then you deal with emission laws, when produced they were smog exempt. However now, you must smog it. Being that it's got an old outdated engine, you will have some trouble but it's not impossible.

It’s old enough to not be smogged for a diesel, 97+ has to smog. Mine is a 94, unless they changed the law to all diesels now?
Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or gasoline powered vehicles 1975 and older.

In short, if it's over 14k you'll have to smog it.

I'd get the GSA SF997-1 Done and go register as asn automobile.

Ok so I am good then
My hmmwv does have the emission sticker on the motor and a month or so after I take possession of the vehicle I should get an SF97

Are you sure I can register it? I’ve heard conflicting reports

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post pics.
I thought these were going to be off road use only?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Posts: 8577 | From: Vallejo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana - i seen this the other day:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/1992-am-general-humvee-m998/6392486232.html

Bad ass!

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman *5LTRSVT*

..:: FANATICS ::..
"Step Your Game Up"

Posts: 6477 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That’s pretty cool. I hope I can get mine registered for highway use.

The Government is selling them for off-road use but people are registering them in all the states. CA I heard is starting to be more difficult. I’ll post pics in a second.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://instagram.com/p/Bau5uVjliVm/

[ 2017-11-20, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
badass!

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Posts: 1419 | From: 925 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ego,
What do you know about ciphering vins?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
95 GT
03 F350

Posts: 17570 | From: 530 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :


 
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords



Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com