Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hey Guys need your opinion on a 88 gt for sale

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Guys need your opinion on a 88 gt for sale
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So Theres a 88 gt car for sale that i've looked at and have offered the owner what i feel is a high offer. I just wanted to give a description of the car and get random opinions on what everyone else would value it at. The problem is this car has been in the same family since brand new and they are adding value to the car because of sentimental reasons.
1988 GT HATCH 178k Auto trans. The car has been sitting for 6+ months due to not running. The body of the car is excellent except has a large dent on passengers door and factory paint is peeling off around entire car so it needs a paint job. Car has aftermarket euro tail lights that need to b thrown away. The interior of the car is in fantastic condiotion. It needs tires. Under the hood is all in tact and very original. This car has never been smogged due to never changing owners so this could be a major hurdle after it gets whatever repaired to make it run. I've offered a way high number only because of the interior and the history. So lets here your values of the car based on my info.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2000 maybe 2500 if interior is immaculate. Auto is major deterrent for most buyers
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck the Sentimentality. If they want to add more $$$ because of that, I'd lowball the shit outta them, then say take it or leave it. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say if it swangs I'll buy it if it one legs then I'll trade you a ps2 with a dubee.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Showing them pictures of Mustangs just as nice that have sold for less or the same money is logical. It won't work because they're holding on to the car for emotional reasons. Emotionally appeal to them. Tell them you're going to restore the car, and fix it. Give it the attention it deserves. Tell them you'll bring it by and take them for a ride once it's restored so they can see how well you've treated their baby.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2500 and they smog

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes martinna i had already explained to the owner all of what you said,as i honestly will be bringing the car back to life. So the owner broke down and gets it, and has agreed to let me have the car at my offer price. I promised her id give her updates on the progress and when its done in a few weeks if i decide to sell it i will give her the first opportunity to buy it back. Picking it up saturday you guys will be floored when you see the pics of the interior but it does only have 78k but obviously well cared for
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
yes martinna i had already explained to the owner all of what you said,as i honestly will be bringing the car back to life. So the owner broke down and gets it, and has agreed to let me have the car at my offer price. I promised her id give her updates on the progress and when its done in a few weeks if i decide to sell it i will give her the first opportunity to buy it back. Picking it up saturday you guys will be floored when you see the pics of the interior but it does only have 78k but obviously well cared for

is it 78k or 178k in milage ?

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Yeah its 78k the 1 was a typo
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Worth more than your Cobra R

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com